Love the moves so far!

CWR

Reaction score
This thread ages very well. Smart, cost-efficient signings. Cutting lots of dead weight. But most important, cutting over-rated players that don't want to be in Dallas. Great off-season so far!!

Lol no man. I don't mind the cuts so much. I mind the fact we were willing to pay Gregory and his 16 career sacks, but won't make a move on a guy like Za'darius.

They've created holes and appear to be content filling those holes with lesser players.

What are we doing with that extra 30 million?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Lol no man. I don't mind the cuts so much. I mind the fact we were willing to pay Gregory and his 16 career sacks, but won't make a move on a guy like Za'darius.

They've created holes and appear to be content filling those holes with lesser players.

What are we doing with that extra 30 million?

Neither Gregory or Za'darius really wanted to be here, so no point dwelling on it.

Also if you take a long, hard look at this year's FA class, there really isn't/wasn't a lot out there that can't be homegrown for a lot less money.

kumizi

Reaction score
You know when you see a weird cult on TV and can’t understand how people fall for that ish?

These must be the kind of people that join cults.

CWR

Reaction score
Neither Gregory or Za'darius really wanted to be here, so no point dwelling on it.

Also if you take a long, hard look at this year's FA class, there really isn't/wasn't a lot out there that can't be homegrown for a lot less money.

We could've gone DE, LB, or added to the oline. A lot of good players have been signed.

They over rate and over pay that home-grown talent while dismissing outside players with better resumes.

It's not as if they are shrewd about resigning our own. That money is getting spent, just in a less productive way.

Far as the rest of this great off-season, we still have all the same coaches who failed us last year. (Minus Quinn)

Where is the improvement coming from?

dckid

Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.
Love the sarcasm and or your outlook. I personally don't care about last year, as the record surprised most fans.
It's about getting better every year and trying to compete for a SB. Remember what they are?

dckid

Reaction score

Why do you care about the money?
You are telling me there is no player out there that would improve this team? What talent has Jerry homegrown?
Dexter Coakley. The question you should be asking is what is the FO doing to improve this team?

Sydla

Reaction score
This thread ages very well. Smart, cost-efficient signings. Cutting lots of dead weight. But most important, cutting over-rated players that don't want to be in Dallas. Great off-season so far!!

Hahahaha

shabazz

Reaction score
The OP is correct about shedding some bad, underachieving contracts and players. Keeping Amari and Gregory would have only prolonged the big picture from getting any better

Of course if we had a legitimate GM, we could have faith that there was a plan in place to turn this thing around, however we all know that more bad decisions are inevitable

Sydla

Reaction score
Why do you care about the money?
You are telling me there is no player out there that would improve this team? What talent has Jerry homegrown?
Dexter Coakley. The question you should be asking is what is the FO doing to improve this team?

The concept of home grown is kinda silly too. The problem with that concept is that by the time you “develop” home grown guys at positions of need, other guys you developed just get long in the tooth and aren’t as good anymore.

Take the OL. It’s not nearly as good as it was 3-4-5 years ago. We wasted elite OL play. Instead of trying to maximize that OL, we just muddled along with this “we improve only through the draft” strategy and by the time you had this piece and that piece in place, wham, the OL is older, not broken down and needs an infusion of new talent again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is just trying to get like and troll everyone.
I used to play a certain multiplayer on-line game. We had a couple guys that would think they were real tough guys.....and say "sit" when they killed you (you'd respawn). I was like dude...how old are you?

This guy (OP) said it several times in this thread. And reminds me of those immature trolls of yore. :cool:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think most agree with the Cap saving moves . But do we think we might should be using more of those savings to upgrade roster ?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.

Zeke had 12 TDS and 1200+ APY

and a PCL

they are not cutting Zeke

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I actually understand the moves. Gregory leaving will give us a 3rd round comp pick and save us the trouble of worrying about him getting suspended every day. Same with La’el, the guy was bad news the last two seasons. Draft and developing players is not a bad thing. I wish the team would be more aggressive with trades though.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems to be the pattern now for nearly 3 decades.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You know when you see a weird cult on TV and can’t understand how people fall for that ish?

These must be the kind of people that join cults.
Like the strange brain washed party affiliations.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
me too. jerry is saving money for when fat sean comes in next year and wants a real quarterback, not some scared guy who's slow as a sloth on reads, then panic from fear.
I hope we save even more money and try to get Herbert or any good quarterback instead of a brett hundley copy.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well they retained Schultz, Kearse, and Anger who were three of our top players from last year so they get an A from me so far.