Love the Zeke pick, tap the brakes!

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
The kid looks real good, but all these articles on how he is gonna set the league on fire?Win rookie of the year? Let's just see how he does in a game first, or better yet, a full team practice. Tap the breaks folks.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
The kid looks real good, but all these articles on how he is gonna set the league on fire?Win rookie of the year? Let's just see how he does in a game first, or better yet, a full team practice. Tap the breaks folks.

In other words, don't break out the anointing oil quite yet? I agree. I don't think the running game will be the problem. I think it will be merging the running game with an original passing game. I don't think 2014 was a good year, it was the blueprint for success, but the organization didn't see it when the entire league and fanbase could. Hey, I'm not a billionaire so I can't buy the team and prove otherwise.

So in sum, you are right EE needs to prove it for 16 games and into the playoffs before I'm ready to say...we're good for 10 years....well okay 5-7 years...

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

For real man. I think 800 yards and 8 tds with another 250 and 1 receiving would be awesome.

fredp22

Reaction score
agreed.
he needs to get adjusted to NFL, learn the playbook, get comfortable with team and team has to learn how to use him. In the beginning hes also part of a 3-4 man group. Emmitt needed half a season without competition and I see at least the same with Zeke. ROY seems like a long shot with DMC and Morris taking carries. I'll be happy to just see steady improvement throughout the year and a strong finish.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Tap the breaks? The kid was the number 4 pick. And he enters into the easiest position in all of football to get production out of a college kid.

If he isn't "setting the world on fire" from day 1....behind this line....given his likely limited shelf life....what a terrible waste he would have proven to be.

Swanny

Reaction score

I didn't like the Zeke pick. But drafting a RB at 5th overall SHOULD come with ENORMOUS expectations. RBs just aren't worth high picks anymore and if one is drafted that high he should be expected to be VERY good. I think it's fair to expect high expectations on Zeke but I think it's silly to say this team is now a legit playoff team because of Zeke.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
The most important thing is to prepare him for the most important games. We will not hitch our wagons on the "Elliot Train". He will pay his dues as a rookie RB and gradually be blendid in. So i expect his numbers to be somewhat lower than expectations. Besides, why throw all those expectations on a rookie RB when we don't have to. We will have a good running game even without EE.

It's not important that he wins ROY or any other accolade, we want him for the long haul. I don't think we will ride him like we did Murray.

The goal is Superbowl MVP not ROY.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Love the pick and I'm expecting a ton. It's the easiest position to transiton, and he's arguably the best RB prospect since AD. Add our line, and having Dez on the outside, 1,500 yards and 15 tds is not out of the question his rookie season

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Tap the breaks? The kid was the number 4 pick. And he enters into the easiest position in all of football to get production out of a college kid.

If he isn't "setting the world on fire" from day 1....behind this line....given his likely limited shelf life....what a terrible waste he would have proven to be.

I agree. I was on the zeke at 4 bandwagon, but that's because I have very high expectation for him. If he isn't in rookie of the year considerations he's either a disappointment or he's missed a lot of time.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If he doesn't break 1,200 yds min I'm gonna be disappointed...

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score

Yes really. I suppose I expect more and the year is not just the product on the field, but front office activity as well. So, no...not that good of a year all in all. I like 12-4...but I would rather we keep the band together as well.