Love the Zeke pick, tap the brakes!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The kid looks real good, but all these articles on how he is gonna set the league on fire?Win rookie of the year? Let's just see how he does in a game first, or better yet, a full team practice. Tap the breaks folks.

Seriously, how much of a stretch is it really to say he will do great here? We saw him run the ball plenty in college we know what he can do it. Then factor in the Oline here in Dallas. My god man, Darren McChicken ran for over 1000 yards last year with Weeden at QB and Romo out. Unless he gets hurt, Zeke running wild is as an easy call. If there were any doubts what so ever he never should have been drafted.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The kid looks real good, but all these articles on how he is gonna set the league on fire?Win rookie of the year? Let's just see how he does in a game first, or better yet, a full team practice. Tap the breaks folks.

Tired of tapping breaks, There will be big expectation placed on him and rightfully so. As a 4th overall RB behind what many feel is the best OL in football there is no reason to keep low expectation. Is that pressure that is being heaped on him? yes and according to his comments it is that pressure he loves. As for things like Rookie of the year? I really do not care about that since it tends to be a matter of opinions by those who vote. What I care about is him being highly productive

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Screw tapping the breaks...Oh no, they say he's got to go....Go Go Godzekeil Yeahhhhhhhh

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/godzilla-1_zps597328cb.gif

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Was just playing the Parcells role here folks. Just want to see him in live NFL action before i gush. I love the pick, want him to tear it up. When I see articles comparing him to E. Smith, and giving him ROTY, before we've had a padded practice, just want the writers to chill. But hey, it's the offseason, they got to write bout somethin.

jnday

Reaction score
Zeke is no Todd Gurely, that's for sure.

Actually, he us rated higher in many areas. I am not pumping Zeke up, but he should have just as good of s career as Gurley, maybe better. Zeke certainly has a much more founded sirloin set.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Expectations being dumped on Zeke can't possible be met. The kid will need a few games to acclimate to the NFL game speed. He's not Superman.

Gurley didnt need time so why should the 4th overall pick rb? And Gurley had nobody around him. I expect Zeke to do what hes done his entire life from what I saw from his e60 special, which is play elite level football. He's also surrounded by elite nfl talent on offense. No excuses for him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Gurley didnt need time so why should the 4th overall pick rb? And Gurley had nobody around him. I expect Zeke to do what hes done his entire life from what I saw from his e60 special, which is play elite level football. He's also surrounded by elite nfl talent on offense. No excuses for him.

Zeke has always played like a man amongst boys. He's now amongst men, and not just men but professional athletes. Even the great Emmitt Smith has admitted that despite his great OLine, it took him a few games to acclimate to the speed and power of the NFL. Zeke is no exception. He can be great, but it won't happen right out of the gate.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Zeke has always played like a man amongst boys. He's now amongst men, and not just men but professional athletes. Even the great Emmitt Smith has admitted that despite his great OLine, it took him a few games to acclimate to the speed and power of the NFL. Zeke is no exception. He can be great, but it won't happen right out of the gate.

Again, if Gurley did and most outlets have Zeke rated higher why cant he do it out the gates like Gurley did when zeke has way better talent surrounding him? Foles....Romo. greatest oline in nfl.....Rams. Tavon austin......Dez.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Again, if Gurley did and most outlets have Zeke rated higher why cant he do it out the gates like Gurley did when zeke has way better talent surrounding him? Foles....Romo. greatest oline in nfl.....Rams. Tavon austin......Dez.

I keep forgetting Gurley won the rushing title last season and was MVP of the Super Bowl. My bad. :rolleyes:

jnday

Reaction score

Did you forget that Gurley was eased back into playing due to his injury?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually, he us rated higher in many areas. I am not pumping Zeke up, but he should have just as good of s career as Gurley, maybe better. Zeke certainly has a much more founded sirloin set.

I think they are comparable. Gurley maybe a little bigger and slightly faster.

jnday

Reaction score

He is is a different type of RB. Zeke has much better feet, Gurley is a more straight ahead runner.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think he is saying that. He is saying that if Gurley can come out the gate and produce then Zeke can as well.

He doesn't respect Darren McFadden who only rushed for 17 yards less than Gurley but somehow thinks Gurley is so great. Either have more respect for McFadden or understand Gurley wasn't as great as he claims. 17 yards rushing isn't the difference between those two opinions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tap the brakes...no way, go full throttle, the only braking (breaking) I want to see is the breaking of records.
Go full speed, then when the brakes are tapped, you don't slow down much.

And of if he does half of what fans hopes he does, success, and it helps translates into wins....just get the wins...as Al Davis used to say, Just Win Baby!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Gurley is explosive.. I don't kno if Elliot will be an explosive NFL player.

We just need him to produce and not leave meat on the bone like Murray.