Love the Zeke pick, tap the brakes!

Craig

Reaction score
Why? Todd Gurley did exactly what everyone said he would do. Zeke absolutely has the potential to go for 1500 his rookie year, who knows if he will but it's not ridiculous to think he could.

Exactly my point. Gurley had an outstanding season for a rookie and barely broke 1100.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The reason why other backs like Choice and Randle took awhile to see the field is because they were liabilities in pass protection. Zeke is going to play a lot. I would like to see him split the carries and be the passing back. I would cap his carries at 250 like a pitcher's pitch count.

I want to see 50 catches though. 75 catches and 250 carries would be ideal usage IMO. Split the other half of the carries amongst the other backs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The reason why other backs like Choice and Randle took awhile to see the field is because they were liabilities in pass protection. Zeke is going to play a lot. I would like to see him split the carries and be the passing back. I would cap his carries at 250 like a pitcher's pitch count.

I want to see 50 catches though. 75 catches and 250 carries would be ideal usage IMO. Split the other half of the carries amongst the other backs.

Not gonna get to 1,000,000 on 250 carries.......

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I didn't like the Zeke pick. But drafting a RB at 5th overall SHOULD come with ENORMOUS expectations. RBs just aren't worth high picks anymore and if one is drafted that high he should be expected to be VERY good. I think it's fair to expect high expectations on Zeke but I think it's silly to say this team is now a legit playoff team because of Zeke.

That's for sure ..can you imagine expectations if he was drafted at 4th overall ... Man they would be .... Oh wait ... That's right he was drafted 4th overall,not 5th ...

Sorry... Couldn't resist but I get your point we should have high expectations of him

kazzd58

Reaction score
The kid looks real good, but all these articles on how he is gonna set the league on fire?Win rookie of the year? Let's just see how he does in a game first, or better yet, a full team practice. Tap the breaks folks.

Na thats ok I'm not gonna wait u ar more than welcome to wait i been on the train pause.... We got Romo and Dez too he will be just fine

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Gurley had an outstanding season for a rookie and barely broke 1100.
Gurley didn't play/get any serious carries until week 4 or 5.

And also, "It's the Rams, Dude!"

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Your right Elliott is better .
Elliott 3 year avg of 6.7 yards per carry vs Gurley 6.4
Elliott 43 ncaa career Td vs Gurley 36
Elliott 3,961 yds rushing vs Gurley 3,285

Both are very good backs but who truly knows Yet who is better

Plus, one thing I really like about Elliott is that he seems to be one of those guys that are just super durable. Of course, you never know but the guy can take a pounding and be no worse for wear. He did have a wrist injury but I don't think he really missed any time.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I'd rather hit the gas than tap the brakes.

This kid has every measurable you look for in a RB and behind this line he's gonna be a superstar.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I hear you, but what a disaster if that is it.
5-6 other rookie RBs could get that for us..imo

fwiw, unless he gets hurt, I think he'll get way more that.
But maybe DMC or Morris just look great in camp and end up getting a ton of touches.
Looking forward to it.

Morris and DMC will be getting touches, so thats why Im saying 800 is an expectation, with a combined group effort of 1800.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The kid looks real good, but all these articles on how he is gonna set the league on fire?Win rookie of the year? Let's just see how he does in a game first, or better yet, a full team practice. Tap the breaks folks.

Tap the breaks? No way. We just drafted a RB in the top 5.

He better set the league on fire.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Morris and DMC will be getting touches, so thats why Im saying 800 is an expectation, with a combined group effort of 1800.

Oh, I get it.
But if that's the case, then for sure the 4th overall pick would be a waste.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Screw tapping the breaks ......... why should fans "tap the breaks"?

He is the best running back we have had since Emmitt ....... I will let him worry about the pressure of the game and trying to adjust.

This kid is gonna be great and I am not gonna worry about "over hyping" him to fellow fans.

Cause honestly I don't care if people jump off the bandwagon if he struggles like most rookies ....... I like the Cowboys players a lot more than Cowboy fans anyway.