Luck runs out for Hurts and the Eagles

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
this just means we won’t be going 16-1

Playing out very similar to last year. Have a couple game cushion to still take losses and have the best record in the NFL
This isn’t last year, and your team isn’t nearly as good as it was last year. Even then, y’all were lucky to have Purdy go out or there would’ve been no Super Bowl visit last year for Philly.

Still, kudos for coming in here to deal with everybody after an embarrassing loss like that. Not only are you a quality Eagles fan… but you have guts to come posting in here now.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Anyone notice the Eagles didn't use the "tush push" on the goalline after Hurts came back in the game?

Are they certain he doesn't have a slight concussion? Something to think about.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This isn’t last year, and your team isn’t nearly as good as it was last year. Even then, y’all were lucky to have Purdy go out or there would’ve been no Super Bowl visit last year for Philly.

Still, kudos for coming in here to deal with everybody after an embarrassing loss like that. Not only are you a quality Eagles fan… but you have guts to come posting in here now.
Unless something goes seriously awry, we’ll be the 1 or 2 seed and won’t see Purdy again until the NFCCG. Lots of things could happen between now and then

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
this just means we won’t be going 16-1

Playing out very similar to last year. Have a couple game cushion to still take losses and have the best record in the NFL
I respect you a lot, but this Eagles team is not as good as last year's. For all intents and purposes they should have lost to the Cowboys, Chiefs, and Bills and very well could have lost both to the Commanders. I know the great teams find a way to win. But from an outside perspective the Eagles looked like they were simply surviving all year. The only convincing wins they've had are against the Bucs and Dolphins.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
dallas still suck ***, perennial losers for 30 years, keep getting those all important wins in the season , btw this loss doesnt mean jack****, eagles played the toughest teams back to back to back to back, dallas has cakewalk, remember people last dallas long run was 30 years. i will keep saying this.

what luck? stay salty dallas.
Says the Eagle fan that got destroyed today.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The way the 49ers played today, they are going to be a tough out if they stay healthy. Looking forward to a rematch with the Cowboys in January.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Unless something goes seriously awry, we’ll be the 1 or 2 seed and won’t see Purdy again until the NFCCG. Lots of things could happen between now and then
That’s likely true… but that doesn’t make this year’s team nearly as good as last year’s.

The offense isn’t close to last year and the defense is worse too. This years team has been squeaking by game after game. That always catches up to you.

But this season still has a lot to be played. I’m not saying Philly is done… I’m just saying comparing this year’s team to last year’s is way off base. Not a whole lot alike.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The media hasn't really been up on the Iggles this year, they are fully aware of their flaws. Tonight turned out just as I said it would, they cannot compete on D and the 9ers D is just plain nasty in all aspects

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We’re certain to lose to the 49ers again post-season. Nothing has changed. It’s fun to pretend it has, though.
In October Dallas' game plan was awful. They won't admit it, but it was.

In the past two playoff games against SF the Cowboys had better gameplans but played horribly. Yet they still only lost by one score (23-17 and 19-12) both times. The gap between Dallas and San Fran is not as wide as people think. If the Cowboys can avoid being outcoached they can break this streak of futility against them.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I respect you a lot, but this Eagles team is not as good as last year's. For all intents and purposes they should have lost to the Cowboys, Chiefs, and Bills and very well could have lost both to the Commanders. I know the great teams find a way to win. But from an outside perspective the Eagles looked like they were simply surviving all year. The only convincing wins they've had are against the Bucs and Dolphins.

That’s likely true… but that doesn’t make this year’s team nearly as good as last year’s.

The offense isn’t close to last year and the defense is worse too. This years team has been squeaking by game after game. That always catches up to you.

But this season still has a lot to be played. I’m not saying Philly is done… I’m just saying comparing this year’s team to last year’s is way off base. Not a whole lot alike.
Doesn’t have to be as good. The 2008 giants were better than the 2007 giants. The 2001 rams were better than the 1999 rams. The 2013 Broncos were better than the 2015 Broncos

Chiefs aren’t as good this year, I think Philly has a good chance to beat Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland. If Dallas has to travel to Philly in January, anything can happen. So we can still get to where we want to go even if 2022’s team appeared to be superior

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I have been saying this all year. Eagles are the luckiest team in the league and have had the refs in their pockets all year except this game. That secondary is trash!!!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Doesn’t have to be as good. The 2008 giants were better than the 2007 giants. The 2001 rams were better than the 1999 rams. The 2013 Broncos were better than the 2015 Broncos

Chiefs aren’t as good this year, I think Philly has a good chance to beat Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland. If Dallas has to travel to Philly in January, anything can happen. So we can still get to where we want to go even if 2022’s team appeared to be superior
We’ll all find out soon enough.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Even if the Eagles limped to the finish line and won the division the injuries are mounting. Hurts is banged up, Swift is now having issues and not looking good. The TE Goddart is out. They lost their MLB , Carter is banged up , Cox is playing hurt. That team is fading.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Anyone remember the 49ers had a three game losing streak this year and scored just 17 points each against the Vikings, Browns, and Bengals? And the narrative was "they didn't have Deebo Samuel".

But the Cowboys' week three loss to Arizona, missing THREE starting offensive linemen, is inexcusable?

Flamma

Reaction score
There's a substantial difference between a 1 and 2 seed. Instead of playing 2 playoff games, you get 3. Instead of just having to play Dallas or the 49ers, you'll probably get both, and have to go to San Francisco.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Anyone remember the 49ers had a three game losing streak this year and scored just 17 points each against the Vikings, Browns, and Bengals? And the narrative was "they didn't have Deebo Samuel".

But the Cowboys' week three loss to Arizona, missing THREE starting offensive linemen, is inexcusable?
And Dallas lost Diggs for the year just a few days before playing Arizona. That just took the heart out of the defense for that week. They were crushed.

The defense was playing half heartedly and the offense was still trying to adjust to the west coast offense, so they were in no shape to carry the team on a very off day for the defense.

It happens.