Luck runs out for Hurts and the Eagles

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There's a substantial difference between a 1 and 2 seed. Instead of playing 2 playoff games, you get 3. Instead of just having to play Dallas or the 49ers, you'll probably get both, and have to go to San Francisco.
If we’re the 2, Dallas will see SF in the divisional round (unless Philly gets upset by the rams, which then wouldn’t matter)

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
cowboys arent the 9ers ,

we wont beat them .

we need a purdy
In fact we need Purdy’s support cast, that OL can run and pass block with no superstars, and mccaffery is mccaffery. Deebo / Aiyuk are good with YAC. Kittle is a big saftey net & fights for yards. ( Fergieis getting there)

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Right. Unless the 6th seed beats the 3 seed. Then Dallas goes to Philly.
I think that’s to the benefit of the division winners this year, Dallas is the only wild card that actually looks good, Seattle and Minnesota looked awful there last couple outings, as did new Orleans and Tampa. It’s hard to say who is even going to make it right now… legitimately could be the packers

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
dallas still suck ***, perennial losers for 30 years, keep getting those all important wins in the season , btw this loss doesnt mean jack****, eagles played the toughest teams back to back to back to back, dallas has cakewalk, remember people last dallas long run was 30 years. i will keep saying this.

what luck? stay salty dallas.
This is gold

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And Dallas lost Diggs for the year just a few days before playing Arizona. That just took the heart out of the defense for that week. They were crushed.

The defense was playing half heartedly and the offense was still trying to adjust to the west coast offense, so they were in no shape to carry the team on a very off day for the defense.

It happens.
After the Arizona game Tony Pollard said they scaled the gameplan down a lot on Friday because of the three linemen being out. That alone to me explains why Dallas only scored 16 points.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think that’s to the benefit of the division winners this year, Dallas is the only wild card that actually looks good, Seattle and Minnesota looked awful there last couple outings, as did new Orleans and Tampa. It’s hard to say who is even going to make it right now… legitimately could be the packers
Detroit can be beaten by anyone. I wouldn't put a dime on the 6-3 playoff game this year. Not even a money line. Too unpredictable.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
dallas still suck ***, perennial losers for 30 years, keep getting those all important wins in the season , btw this loss doesnt mean jack****, eagles played the toughest teams back to back to back to back, dallas has cakewalk, remember people last dallas long run was 30 years. i will keep saying this.

what luck? stay salty dallas.

Cope, harder.

Mark

Reaction score
Anyone remember the 49ers had a three game losing streak this year and scored just 17 points each against the Vikings, Browns, and Bengals? And the narrative was "they didn't have Deebo Samuel".

But the Cowboys' week three loss to Arizona, missing THREE starting offensive linemen, is inexcusable?
No "spin" or crafted "narrative" necessary. Aside from Samuel, the Niners were also without CMC and Trent Williams for significant portions of that three-game skid. With all three of those pieces plugged back in, SF immediately returned to prior form.

The Cowboys' loss at Arizona was probably more complex than just a depleted O-line (although that was certainly a big deal). It was also well before the more wide-open, Dak-friendly offense we're seeing now was implemented and refined a bit. And I suspect the team was battling at least somewhat of a morale issue that week with the discouraging season-ending injury of Trevon Diggs.

That loss in Phoenix reminded me of an airline crash, in the sense that it's almost never a single issue that brings a craft down. Instead a cavalcade of failures stack upon one another to create a disaster.

Shannon1

Reaction score
No "spin" or crafted "narrative" necessary. Aside from Samuel, the Niners were also without CMC and Trent Williams for significant portions of that three-game skid. With all three of those pieces plugged back in, SF immediately returned to prior form.

The Cowboys' loss at Arizona was probably more complex than just a depleted O-line (although that was certainly a big deal). It was also well before the more wide-open, Dak-friendly offense we're seeing now was implemented and refined a bit. And I suspect the team was battling at least somewhat of a morale issue that week with the discouraging season-ending injury of Trevon Diggs.

That loss in Phoenix reminded me of an airline crash, in the sense that it's almost never a single issue that brings a craft down. Instead a cavalcade of failures stack upon one another to create a disaster.
Niners lost to Cleveland Eagles lost the Jets it happens

visionary

Reaction score
And they have the eagles, and they have the rams who are now in position for a wild card and already beat seattle
We dont need tge Seahawks to beat niners, that would be gravy
We just need Seahawks to beat Eagles
Ravens will beat the niners

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I wonder if Hurts got hurt on tush push or the next play where they scored.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
the Eagles offense wasn't *THAT* bad today, they just weren't able to do what they normally do

49ers won on 1st & 2nd down denying them shorter, easier to convert 3rd downs. (8/15)

The Eagles defense though:
456yds to SF
505yds to BUF
336yds to KC
405yds to DAL

Eagles rush defense:
146yds to SF
173yds to BUF
168yds to KC
73yds to DAL (makes you appreciate what Dak did that game).

If you can run the ball, or have DAK at QB, you have a chance to beat PHI.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hopefully the clock has struck midnight for Carson Hurts, lot of smoke and mirrors this season, but it's starting to catch up to him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Here is the big question: Will the national press castigate the Eagles, and specifically Hurts, for being stomped by the 49ers?
We already know the answer is no. They will be praised for winning 2 out of the last 3. Now if they lose to Dallas, then it will start to turn.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
***** Eagles fans in typical denial. Your team is screwed. Accepting is step number 1.

mrmojo

Reaction score
We already know the answer is no. They will be praised for winning 2 out of the last 3. Now if they lose to Dallas, then it will start to turn.
They already are being excused, when in reality they should have at the least lost 2 of the last 3.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here is the big question: Will the national press castigate the Eagles, and specifically Hurts, for being stomped by the 49ers?
More likely they will worship the Whiners. They were already calling them the best team in NFL.