Luck runs out for Hurts and the Eagles

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You're out of your mind if you think Philthy is losing to the Gnats twice.
Seems you don't understand that Sea plays Philly and 9ers, so if they win out and we win out, then yea we'll be the #1 seed

Motorola

Reaction score
Philly radio callers complaining about playing 3 games in 15 days lol. We had 3 in 11 lol.
3 games across 12 days for the Cowboys and Seahawks, and the majority of the NFL teams this season with the Thursday night games.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going back to last year and including this year, one of the eagles’ biggest strengths has been getting a first half lead then being able to sit on it without having to depend solely on Hurts and the passing game. Conversely, if they get behind a couple of scores, suddenly all of the things that make them tough are not at play.

If the Cowboys can get up early and force the eagles to rely solely on the pass, they will play into one of our strengths- the pass rush when ahead two scores.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I would expect a dogfight. History shows us really good teams almost never lose 2 in a row, and when they get blown out, they usually play tough the following week.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
In October Dallas' game plan was awful. They won't admit it, but it was.

In the past two playoff games against SF the Cowboys had better gameplans but played horribly. Yet they still only lost by one score (23-17 and 19-12) both times. The gap between Dallas and San Fran is not as wide as people think. If the Cowboys can avoid being outcoached they can break this streak of futility against them.

Dak lost that game for us with this 3 INTs. Im sure if he didn't throw those INTs and he was playing the way he was right now, we would have had a chance to win.

triplets_93

Reaction score
If that Eagles Security Guard steps on the field of play at JerryWorld, he should be arrested and ejected.

Fmart322

Reaction score
If you can, go to 94 WIP Philly radio. It's fun listening to them cry over the officials.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF doing this to Philly in their house doesn’t really bring joy to me because we still would have to go through SF.
We also still might have to go through Philly. Not sure they are just gonna lie down NOW 'cause SF showed them what's what.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We also still might have to go through Philly. Not sure they are just gonna lie down NOW 'cause SF showed them what's what.
The Cowboys don't need them to lay down. The Cowboys just need to take care of business from here on out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys don't need them to lay down. The Cowboys just need to take care of business from here on out.
Dang right.

I just detected possible dismissal of philly here since sf took them down. Not gonna happen...we have to get through them before sf and its gonna be a battle.

Flamma

Reaction score
They did, and we didn’t fare any better against them. Or the Seahawks, for that matter (defensively). We’re supposed to have this great defense, but when we score 41 and the game is still close against anything other than a top shelf team - which Seattle is not - there should be some concern in the building.

SF is going to be a tough out against anyone. I will say that we’re playing a different brand of offensive football now than the we played against them the first time we met. Hope that continues.
The main problem against the 49ers is that we kept giving them the ball back. We couldn't do anything on offense. We're going to have bad games because no defense is great anymore with the rule changes and salary cap. Ours, the Jets, 49ers, that's the best anyone is going to see anymore.

What worries me more than anything is that we don't get turnovers against the better teams.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Going back to last year and including this year, one of the eagles’ biggest strengths has been getting a first half lead then being able to sit on it without having to depend solely on Hurts and the passing game. Conversely, if they get behind a couple of scores, suddenly all of the things that make them tough are not at play.

If the Cowboys can get up early and force the eagles to rely solely on the pass, they will play into one of our strengths- the pass rush when ahead two scores.
The #1 thing for me is.. Which defense is going to show up? If the one against Seattle does, we won't win.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would suggest that if Dallas wins out (which is possible, but unlikely) Dallas will likely win the NFC. I could see Dallas beating Philly next week (in fact I would say it’s likely) and then Dallas, Philly and SF all losing another game.

It’s really had to go 14 and 3 in the season. I don’t care how dominant you are.
Nope. If they finish tied and both win out after we beat them, Eagles have the tiebreaker. This will go back to our ARI loss. If we both end up 14-3, we'd have to go to the 4th tiebreaker, "Best W/L/Tied percentage in conference games." That means our loss to ARI would come back to haunt us and give the division to Philly.

Lots of football still to be played, though.