Signed by Cowboys Lunda Wells being brought in as new TE coach

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
he worked with Ben McAdoo and Shurmur lol...YIKES.

Well, yes. But the Tight Ends on the Giants aren't bad at all and have been utilized relatively well. Now, I have no idea how much of that is a result of Shurmur or McAddo

It was more of a joke, but have you seen their offense the past few years? It hasn't been great. Of course that's not on the TE coach, but..he was part of it.

Their offense hasnt been bad because of their TE play though. I think their TE play has actually been pretty good over the years.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, by standing in the way of the other guys. If there's ever been an example of a "progress stopper", this situation is it.

In my opinion, I do not think there is a more selfish guy on the team than Jason Witten.

Sucks for Jarwin and Schultz. Work all year, and then have an old guy who abandoned the team come in and be gifted everything.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, I do not think there is a more selfish guy on the team than Jason Witten.

Sucks for Jarwin and Schultz. Work all year, and then have an old guy who abandoned the team come in and be gifted everything.

I don't know whether to blame it on him, or the coaching staff that allowed it. I think I'm gonna go with coaching staff that allowed it. They're the ones that effectively lied to us and said that he wouldn't be playing all the time and then played him all the time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM seemed to specialize in working with no name wr and te's in GB..he made them better. DIDNT HURT HE HAD RODGERS tho. lol..I think we will see huge growth with Jarwin this year.

quickccc

Reaction score
We're bringing in a coach from a team that's sucked for almost a decade?

yeh, but the TE coach can only do what he's supposed to do with his position players, he has no say in the direction of the HC.
I'm counting on McCarthy group knowing the insider and going ons around the NFL in the coaching trees when he's choosing these position coaches.

Witten hasn't even announced that he is retiring so I knew that would be a no- go.
Knowing Jason, he'll probably reach out to McCarthy and ask for another run at playing again for Cowboys this year.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I wonder what his ties are to MM? It certainly doesn't sound like someone the Jones's would have normally brought in. Unless that is they are making room on the GIants staff for Garrett as the new TE's coach :laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wonder what his ties are to MM? It certainly doesn't sound like someone the Jones's would have normally brought in. Unless that is they are making room on the GIants staff for Garrett as the new TE's coach :laugh:
this almost looks like a Jerry hire.

Valkyr

Reaction score
t1ds9nzwecgpsnhpmk0s.jpg

Between he and McCarthy, there's isn't a BBQ safe within 20 miles.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah, by standing in the way of the other guys. If there's ever been an example of a "progress stopper", this situation is it.

If by chance he does come back I assume Mike will play the best players. No loyalty there.

_sturt_

Reaction score
he worked with Ben McAdoo and Shurmur lol...YIKES.

Working theory, fwiw...

McC first asked his old friend McAdoo... and McAdoo said he didn't want to get back into coaching yet, but there is a young up-and-comer that was on his staff at NYG he'd highly recommend.

Maybe?