LVE and Jaylon are the cupcakes

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Yeah I’m in the same boat I don’t study the film and if I did I probably wouldn’t even know what I’m looking at lol….to the amateur eye I thought the defense as a whole played well.
Yup i thought they played very fast and aggressive - the D-line looked like they were flying off the snap

plasticman

Reaction score
Garrett's country club...

More Garrett hate during a Cowboy win. it's as if every Cowboys fan blames Garrett for the redhead children in their family.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I’m in the same boat I don’t study the film and if I did I probably wouldn’t even know what I’m looking at lol….to the amateur eye I thought the defense as a whole played well.

yeah man, I’m the same way. And I’ll admit, I’m too critical when I watch Jaylon. I find myself looking for mistakes or lack of effort. It’s easy to find the bad when all you’re looking for is the bad. I don’t necessarily do that with other players.

He did have a few good plays today. He’s just such a disappointment on the field compared to the promise he showed a few years ago

Zordon

Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.
Agree 100%.

LVE was extra friendly w/ the Eagles players tonight for some reason.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.

Bull****. What he said is that he is out there trying to make every play and he needed to play under more control. If you took away from that exchange half effort was acceptable you're an idiot.

And getting excited about a big play and celebrating is not detrimental. That notion comes from military thinking where people actually die and you have mental health concerns associated. Stoicism is a virtue there. This type of thinking is what made people think Ali was no good.

Jaylon is one thing. He is low football IQ. What you see is lazy is more likely hesitation from indecision as opposed to lazy.

LVE is nothing in the sort. He plays his butt off and makes quick reads. His problem is his 5.6 speed.

Verdict

Reaction score
I didn’t focus on Jaylon Smith, but I think on one of the running plays he got sucked up in the wrong gap and took himself completely out of the play. I was thinking …hmm, that didn’t look too good. Lol.

TWOK11

Reaction score
LVE has played well this year and, if we don’t count Parsons, is our highest rated LB by advanced metrics.

Jaylon tries, he’s just never going to be the guy he was at Notre Dame. His ability to play pro football is a medical miracle but he can only do so much.

Really don’t understand this thread. I see no issue with effort from either.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"My Favorite Jaylon Play"

I've narrowed it down to two because I want to enjoy the win.

Silver Medal - when Smith literally jumped on top of a gang tackle instead of,
well, tackling the runner.

Gold Medal - on a screen play where the Center, Guard and Tackle slide right
at the snap, allowing everyone to rush freely. Now, Smith could've blitzed or
been assigned to the runner on the screen. He did not rush. Also, he did not
key the play and run straight to the RB on the screen.

Nah, Jaylon insisted on running back in front of the Center who let him go.
He actually prevented himself from making a play. He put the C,G,T back
between him and the runner. I couldn't believe it... smh

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score

They were pretty solid tonight... you are living in the Garrett Past...

Eanwen

Reaction score
On Sanders' 20+ yd run, Jaylon was essentially unblocked.

I don't know why the defense looked so confused on that one Eagles' td drive but I saw one twitter peep blaming Jaylon.

Reactions: BAT

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Great choice of words jw.......The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.
I think the offense is playing hungry and all-out as well.
That "hungry and all out" effort really shows. I'm with you, I'm so glad to see our team be out from under Garrett's "country club culture."

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bull****. What he said is that he is out there trying to make every play and he needed to play under more control. If you took away from that exchange half effort was acceptable you're an idiot.

And getting excited about a big play and celebrating is not detrimental. That notion comes from military thinking where people actually die and you have mental health concerns associated. Stoicism is a virtue there. This type of thinking is what made people think Ali was no good.

Jaylon is one thing. He is low football IQ. What you see is lazy is more likely hesitation from indecision as opposed to lazy.

LVE is nothing in the sort. He plays his butt off and makes quick reads. His problem is his 5.6 speed.

Lol anyone who’s capable of mentioning Jaylon Smith in the same breath as Muhammad Ali shows me how much credence I should give them. It’s ironic that you called ME the idiot, though. That’s rich.

I used to actually value your input on this forum, but you’re the type that resorts to ignorant name-calling any time someone offers a viewpoint that differs from your own. You get this worked up, and personally offended by differences of opinions about a sport that you watch as a hobby? Geez. Have a great night.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
LVE is mediocre and Jaylon is shot. You can blame medical issues for both, I'm not going to bring it all down to personal failings. But as of right now, we've got like 5 linebackers who are better than them.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Yeah, Jaylon lead the team (and the NFL, I believe) in tackles last week, then lead the team again in solo tackles tonight. He's the leader of our defense, but you keep on babbling if you'd like.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great choice of words jw.......The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.
I think the offense is playing hungry and all-out as well.
That "hungry and all out" effort really shows. I'm with you, I'm so glad to see our team be out from under Garrett's "country club culture."

Amen brother! I haven’t had this much fun watching the cowboys in a long time