LVE changed this defense. Dak still a liability

Ken

Reaction score
Does this include yards AFTER the catch?
Does it matter?

I guess people are to young to remember the west coast offense made popular by throwing short and getting rac.

The nitpucking of this guy is unbelievable.

Ken

Reaction score
i mentioned about a week ago, with some blowback, that our D is borderline top 5 and could heat up near the end of the season. I didn’t think they would look THIS good, but we may have just mentally broken the Saints.

LVE is the #1 reason for this, he has changed the entire way this defense plays, which is becoming far more aggressive with tackling and getting takeaways. While I’m still not completely sold on our secondary, Awuzie and Brown stepped up last night.

The offense is a different story - this is reminding me a lot of what we saw last year with the Jags. Yeah, it was great we dominated the clock, but we put up 0 points in the second half and topped out at 13 points.

I don’t like Dak, but there were some positives - that run where he broke two tackles for the first, that got me pumped up....then goes on to miss Gallup who would have the game clinching TD and proceeds to fumble in the red zone. You gotta make those plays, dude.

You can win a Super Bowl with the level the D is playing at right now - but the missed opportunities that we had last night and the turnover, most of the time great offenses will take advantage of these and luckily our D broke the Saints.

Some kudos needs to go to Garrett - I think he feels his seat pretty much on fire right now and he had this team prepared against the most dangerous team in the league. Jerry, see what happens when you don’t allow your coaches and players to ever feel they have job security?
So did we finally beat someo e with a winning record or do we have to put an * on this one too?

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Give it a rest. Dak gets blamed for everything. Good gracious granny, can't everyone just enjoy the win. We get that people don't like Garrett, Dak, Linehan.

Dak carried the team to the play-offs as a rookie. The team had a ton of adversity last season. This year the team cut Dez, lost Witten and Frederick. The team tried to upgrade the line coach which was an obvious failure.

Jerry and Garrett fire the O-line coach.
Jerry trades for Cooper.
Dallas starts winning consistently with Dak as the QB.
Dallas beats the best team in the NFL.
Most fans enjoy their day and basked at how this team rallied as a team with all 46 players contributing to the team win.

Dak had a rating of 115.5 and completed 86% of his passes.

We did win, right? Am I missing something?

And we get that there are people here like you that seem to have no tolerance for any other opinion on Dak other than your own.

But just like you, we don't care.

We get that you don't like any kind of criticism of Dak whatsoever. Luckily people like the OP here could give two rat's turds as to what you like. Now, go follow your own advice and just enjoy the win.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Does it matter?

I guess people are to young to remember the west coast offense made popular by throwing short and getting rac.

The nitpucking of this guy is unbelievable.

But see that's just it. We don't run the West Coast offense. So what in the hell is your point exactly?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
A LVE is a stud and Dak sucks thread. Wow. Groundbreaking.
Did you mention that New Orleans held Zeke to 3.3 yards per carry? So.....the only way we were going to control the clock was through a highly efficient passing game? In other words, exactly the performance that Dak delivered? If Dak had played poorly, Brees would have had several more chances and we would have lost.

But, but, but, but...he fumble, and missed one pass...he not perfect....yep, just like Brees, the guy that is considered the best QB in 2018. Who Dak outdueled.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
i mentioned about a week ago, with some blowback, that our D is borderline top 5 and could heat up near the end of the season. I didn’t think they would look THIS good, but we may have just mentally broken the Saints.

LVE is the #1 reason for this, he has changed the entire way this defense plays, which is becoming far more aggressive with tackling and getting takeaways. While I’m still not completely sold on our secondary, Awuzie and Brown stepped up last night.

The offense is a different story - this is reminding me a lot of what we saw last year with the Jags. Yeah, it was great we dominated the clock, but we put up 0 points in the second half and topped out at 13 points.

I don’t like Dak, but there were some positives - that run where he broke two tackles for the first, that got me pumped up....then goes on to miss Gallup who would have the game clinching TD and proceeds to fumble in the red zone. You gotta make those plays, dude.

You can win a Super Bowl with the level the D is playing at right now - but the missed opportunities that we had last night and the turnover, most of the time great offenses will take advantage of these and luckily our D broke the Saints.

Some kudos needs to go to Garrett - I think he feels his seat pretty much on fire right now and he had this team prepared against the most dangerous team in the league. Jerry, see what happens when you don’t allow your coaches and players to ever feel they have job security?
We all dig Vander Esch.

He has really come on.

Love the wolf call.

Reminds me of Kenny Gant shark find gesture way back when.

Also do not overlook how much fun this team is having.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
But see that's just it. We don't run the West Coast offense. So what in the hell is your point exactly?

Yep! We run an explosive offense that is crafted by an offensive genius!!!

Oh wait....maybe we run a conservative offense that is based around ball control and so the stats are never going to astronimical....hmmmmm.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL so that's your response?

So you had no point at all except your made up, fairy tale delusion.

Keep drinking your Kool-Aid.
Obviously...you missed the point.

No delusion on my side bud.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Yep! We run an explosive offense that is crafted by an offensive genius!!!

Oh wait....maybe we run a conservative offense that is based around ball control and so the stats are never going to astronimical....hmmmmm.

Oh I can play this game too.

Maybe we run a conservative offense based on ball control because the coaching staff knows they have a Quarterback that struggles with pocket awareness, is only successful throwing anything over 15 yards if the play is scripted, has a hard time reading defenses and going through his progressions and struggles to hold onto the ball in the pocket because he stands back there too long.

We could have the exact same coaching staff that runs the rams offense and it would be the exact same thing.

Ken

Reaction score
A LVE is a stud and Dak sucks thread. Wow. Groundbreaking.
Did you mention that New Orleans held Zeke to 3.3 yards per carry? So.....the only way we were going to control the clock was through a highly efficient passing game? In other words, exactly the performance that Dak delivered? If Dak had played poorly, Brees would have had several more chances and we would have lost.

But, but, but, but...he fumble, and missed one pass...he not perfect....yep, just like Brees, the guy that is considered the best QB in 2018. Who Dak outdueled.
LOL.

Don't bri g logic into this! How dare you!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all dig Vander Esch.

He has really come on.

Love the wolf call.

Reminds me of Kenny Gant shark find gesture way back when.

Also do not overlook how much fun this team is having.

We all "Dig" LVE....
We all Dig Zeke...
We all Dig Martin....
We all Dig Cooper...
We all Dig Jaylon....
But.....we DO NOT all dig Dak.....yo dak zoids answer why this is?

P.S. Using Romo and Hate won't cut it unless you have a forest Gump level IQ....

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
And we get that there are people here like you that seem to have no tolerance for any other opinion on Dak other than your own.

But just like you, we don't care.

We get that you don't like any kind of criticism of Dak whatsoever. Luckily people like the OP here could give two rat's turds as to what you like. Now, go follow your own advice and just enjoy the win.
Criticize away, when it warranted. Is Dak perfect- absolutely not. Is he a liability? Not on this game and not since Cooper arrived.
We would have lost this game big time if Dak had played poorly. 3.3 yard per carry, if Dak hadnt hit on pass after pass or made first downs with his feet, Brees would have had a number of more attempts and we would have lost.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Obviously...you missed the point.

No delusion on my side bud.

Well gosh, if I did miss the point then it's a good thing I asked you to explain exactly what your point was.

I asked you what your point was regarding the West Coast offense.

Your reply was for me to pretend that our offense runs it.

Again. Do you have any idea as to what you are talking about or are we just going to pretend?

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Criticize away, when it warranted. Is Dak perfect- absolutely not. Is he a liability? Not on this game and not since Cooper arrived.
We would have lost this game big time if Dak had played poorly. 3.3 yard per carry, if Dak hadnt hit on pass after pass or made first downs with his feet, Brees would have had a number of more attempts and we would have lost.

And I can say this.

We would have lost the game big time if our defense hadn't shut down their offense completely. We didnt score a point in the second half of that game and finished with 13 points and yet you run to defend this offense all in the name of avoiding any criticisms of Dak.

I am thrilled with the win and I thought Dak did some good things as far as running the ball. But the notion that is going on around here that you must be a hater to point out the FACT that Dak struggles to throw the ball down the field almost in every capacity is ridiculous.

Ken

Reaction score
Well gosh, if I did miss the point then it's a good thing I asked you to explain exactly what your point was.

I asked you what your point was regarding the West Coast offense.

Your reply was for me to pretend that our offense runs it.

Again. Do you have any idea as to what you are talking about or are we just going to pretend?
Hmmm...that qbs are in the NFL hall of fame making passes exactly like Dak?

Maybe?

Maybe that EVERY offense in the NFL has elements of the WCO?

Maybe?