LVE has regressed

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The entire defense has regressed. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't sack the QB. We can't get turnovers.

Dallas is NOT an aggressive defense.

I think that is where a lot of the frustration with this D comes from.

We are a Bend But Dont Break defense.

That means we give up yards and force the other team into FGs, not TDs.

Unfortunately, this type of defense does not work vs tier 1/2 QBs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It’s very surprising to see such regression over a summer. Really doesn’t make sense

It's scheme. Put him in the middle...let him seek and destroy the run game. ...That's what he does. He's a sideline to sideline player...Instead Richard has taken what he does best away...puts him in space on one side of the field...and asks him to cover. Just dumb.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
LVE got beat on some 1-on-1 scenarios today, but the bigger problem is the interior of the DL. LB's should not be the first line of defense. Our DL was getting blown off the ball all night and it made life difficult for LVE and Jaylon.
Exactly. We need a run stuffing DT. Until then teams will run against the cowboys with ease.

dckid

Reaction score
Heard too many times here that free agency doesn't work.

Packers defense is much better because of those 3 free agents. This Front Office has to stop thinking they're out drafting everyone else and get aggressive in free agency if they want to take the next step.

$25M in cap room won't win you a thing. Better players will.
How do you think Aaron Rogers feels after the Packers wastes the prime of his career. That man only has one ring. Rodgers is not the dominant player he once was.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why?

Because you don’t like criticism of your favorite player?

No, what I don't like are fans who immediately start whining when the team wins and tosses blame around.

yentl911

Reaction score
The d line is letting the o line get to the second level and these guys are always in the wash

I don’t care how good you are at lb - you aren’t making plays with a 300 lb guard on you

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Amazing what a couple of Fat DT’s will do to protect your mobile LB’ers.

Thought we drafted one in Trysten Hill...but he's getting off to a slow start. Not ready to jump ship yet...but that kid needs to step up in a hurry.

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought jaylon was worse but they both didn’t play well

I am not sure what game you watched to think Smith was worse than LVE this game.

That’s not to say Smith was great by any stretch but he didn’t have nearly the same number of mistakes LVE had.