LVE is a liability

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LVE has had a pretty solid season this year. A few media members were having a discussion about him a couple weeks ago and they thought the same thing. Some on this board think everyone is a liability. The only player the Cowboys have that hasn’t taken criticism from fans here is Parsons.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I had high hopes for LVE after his Rookie season but injuries have really taken a toll.
My observation of him is that he is bad on doing his assignments physically and he is also slow on his mental recognition.
He is constantly hitting the wrong gaps or slow to get there.
Great guy but an average player at best at this point.
I agree. And I was like you. I believed he was gonna be really good. But this year, I can't see anything positive he's done.He runs around out there just like Jaylon did. He doesnt play with the intensity that he started out with his rookie year. Not even close. Also he seems lost out there
Any LB that plays next to Parsons is not going to look great. Lol. But he hasn’t been quite the same since neck surgery..
Not even close.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes not been that bad..really show me all these ugly highlights..hes an average LB plays solid but nothing specials..worth keeping cheap because we need cox back healthy and maybe draft another guy before going and purging this roster..LVE is now the heath of LBs and not bad at all if he plays for cowboys friendly deal.if not for sure buh bye..

blueblood70

Reaction score
LVE has had a pretty solid season this year. A few media members were having a discussion about him a couple weeks ago and they thought the same thing. Some on this board think everyone is a liability. The only player the Cowboys have that hasn’t taken criticism from fans here is Parsons.
agree

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had high hopes for LVE after his Rookie season but injuries have really taken a toll.
My observation of him is that he is bad on doing his assignments physically and he is also slow on his mental recognition.
Yes....he's just abig body that accidently gets in the way sometimes.

Haven't seen the wolf call in a while. I wonder what happened.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With Jaylon gone, he the next man up to take the blame....

UncleRico

Reaction score
LVE just kind of is what he is at this point. Decent, not great run defender, decent rushing the passer for an off ball LB. Terrible in coverage. He has turned into an average traditional 1-2 down LBer, and that is what he is being used as. That has value, just not very much because you can only play him about 35-40% of your snaps.

20 years ago he may still have a large role for a team, but the game has evolved. With the physical limitations he has due to injuries his skillset just doesnt match up with todays game.
This^^

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The time to address this was during the draft and in the offseason at the very least before the end of the trade deadline.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
LVE takes tackling angles that protect his neck. He lets runners get to his side before tackling them. He won’t stick his shoulders into a tackle. This minimizes his tackling window. Dude is completely finished in this league.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
LVE is missing three key ingredients for him to keep his job.

1. Diagnosis. He seems to be a step late to the party or a step early to the fake invite. Either way you are just not in the mix.
2. Stoutness. In the wash and head up against some of the lineman with those long arms he can't stack and shed. It's like he has no power after initial contact.
3. Explosiveness. There is absolutely no violence in this guys overall game. How many times have you guys shouted out at the TV saying, "LVE brought the house on that one!" I daresay possibly never in this season. He has a tentative game. There's no juice in his play.

He a great guy, and a nice young man, but this may be his last season of football. His wheels won't get faster, and unless he get quicker at diagnosing, and more violent at attacking the ball or taking on the point of attack I think he is done.

His comments post Jaylon Smith departure were troubling to me. Why show up your coaches by spouting off. Smith was determined by the coaching staff to be not good enough to stay on the squad. Keep your shut and embrace your new players.

I wish him all the best, but football may not be the best for him now. Especially taking in account his injury history.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
..yep, that's not his fault. Its like decent car, racing against Top-Line Racer. The obvious is always there.

But what is his fault is he doesn't even look like his best year. How do you sell to your employer inconsistent work results?

"Hey boss I was great in 2018. Not as great in 2021. Let's make a deal for 2022 to 2026 based on the the average LBs contracts in the league. I promise you it will a way better deal than some rookie you draft."

Who will take that bait?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
LVE takes tackling angles that protect his neck. He lets runners get to his side before tackling them. He won’t stick his shoulders into a tackle. This minimizes his tackling window. Dude is completely finished in this league.
You are right, he doesn't stick his shoulders into his tackles like he did in the past.