LVE out for the season (confirmed)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is probably good news for some of the fans that didn’t think he was a good player. LVE had become a whipping boy for some.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m certainly no doctor. That being said, the cowboys cannot rely on LVE as a starter anymore.

If he wants to still play, and sign for backup price and be a backup. Fine.

But he cannot be relied on as a starter.
No argument from me. I think he’s done as an NFL player as well but WTH do I know. The other yahoo stated it as fact.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We really said “no” to Bobby Wagner
That’s a bit of revisionist history.

Wagner was always going to go back to Seattle. When he left he told the fans he would be back to finish his career and he had moved his entire family there when he was there before.

I suppose we could have paid him 15m for a year and it might have tempted him but he wasn’t truly on the market. He was just trying to see what was out there so Seattle would give him their best offer.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Bummer to hear this, didn't think it would be season ending or possibly career threatening. Many people here didn't seem to be a big fan of LVE, but definitely an under appreciated player without a doubt.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That’s a bit of revisionist history.

Wagner was always going to go back to Seattle. When he left he told the fans he would be back to finish his career and he had moved his entire family there when he was there before.

I suppose we could have paid him 15m for a year and it might have tempted him but he wasn’t truly on the market. He was just trying to see what was out there so Seattle would give him their best offer.
Yeah, think he was West Coast all the way. Hoped we had a shot though with the DQ connection.

LVE, another bargain injury contract that comes back to haunt. Wish him the best. I think he’ll be a coach. Very underrated how much he helped support our defense lining them up these last years.

Jerry/Stephen/Will/WhomeverDoingIt — Stop drafting linebackers who drop because of injury red flags! They won’t last.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This is probably good news for some of the fans that didn’t think he was a good player. LVE had become a whipping boy for some.
Despite liking or not liking him, LVE had put out some really atrocious tape in the past few seasons.

Whether it was the neck or other ailments he was not a consistent football player, and his style of play at times did not match the requirements of the position.

LB is one of the most violent positions on the field, and there is a reason why LBs on NFL teams lead their rosters with tackles. The prototypical LB in the league is a person who has a complete disregard for his health and the opposing player's health.

From 2016 to 2021 LBs had the most career ending neck injuries slightly beating out DBs. Between safeties and LBs they outnumber all other positions with the highest number of violent collisions.

Not a position for LVE, and in hindsight a bad roll of the dice by the Cowboys.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10474715/

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Despite liking or not liking him, LVE had put out some really atrocious tape in the past few seasons.

Whether it was the neck or other ailments he was not a consistent football player, and his style of play at times did not match the requirements of the position.

LB is one of the most violent positions on the field, and there is a reason why LBs on NFL teams lead their rosters with tackles. The prototypical LB in the league is a person who has a complete disregard for his health and the opposing player's health.

From 2016 to 2021 LBs had the most career ending neck injuries slightly beating out DBs. Between safeties and LBs they outnumber all other positions with the highest number of violent collisions.

Not a position for LVE, and in hindsight a bad roll of the dice by the Cowboys.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10474715/
Not sure about all of this regarding his play. Since late in 2021 I have read that LVE was one of the highest graded off-ball linebackers in football. No there weren't "splash" plays being made. But in his case I think we dwell on one or two missed tackles a game instead of focusing on the dozen or so things he did very well every week. Not to mention the fact he was the "quarterback" of the defense and got everyone aligned right. Dan Quinn had him playing his best football since his rookie year.

To me he will be missed.