LVE out for the season (confirmed)

8FOR!3

Reaction score
With Overshown returning and Clark/Bell looking like serviceable starters, I think it's ok if LVE chooses to return next season but we don't have to rely on any single one of them to start. Just need two or three of them to be healthy. So I'd get bringing back Evans or someone to make sure you always have at least three healthy guys. Would it be nice to have some sort of big run stuffing guys like an improved/healthy LVE? Yeah, but I also think right now we have bigger draft needs. PFF has Bell as about the same against the run as LVE and drastically better in coverage. They have Clark/Evans as worse against the run but better than LVE in coverage. But tbh LVE is like a 70 run grade for them and Clark 61/Evans 65 aren't drastically worse by any means. Would it be nice to have an elite LB against the run? Yeah, but if they lack in coverage then you're creating other problems.

Evans only has like 14 snaps against the run and against the pass according to PFF so it's a super small sample size but at this point I don't think LVE is any kind of major upgrade. If anything it's marginal.

tomokawan

Reaction score
With Overshown returning and Clark/Bell looking like serviceable starters, I think it's ok if LVE chooses to return next season but we don't have to rely on any single one of them to start. Just need two or three of them to be healthy. So I'd get bringing back Evans or someone to make sure you always have at least three healthy guys. Would it be nice to have some sort of big run stuffing guys like an improved/healthy LVE? Yeah, but I also think right now we have bigger draft needs. PFF has Bell as about the same against the run as LVE and drastically better in coverage. They have Clark/Evans as worse against the run but better than LVE in coverage. But tbh LVE is like a 70 run grade for them and Clark 61/Evans 65 aren't drastically worse by any means. Would it be nice to have an elite LB against the run? Yeah, but if they lack in coverage then you're creating other problems.

Evans only has like 14 snaps against the run and against the pass according to PFF so it's a super small sample size but at this point I don't think LVE is any kind of major upgrade. If anything it's marginal.
Don't want him back. He is the hamster in the wheel trying to stay healthy. He never will.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Don't want him back. He is the hamster in the wheel trying to stay healthy. He never will.
It's one more year under contract. As long as we're not relying on him and have a guy like Evans as well then I'm not going to worry about it. It's up to him if he wants to try to play another season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is our second LB that we have taken a "flyer" on in the draft that had an injury we knew about. I think it's time we go with a healthier choice in 2024.
We don't know how to do this, we love injured players who we have to wait on!!!!

erod

Reaction score
Surely he retires now. Dumb to continue to play.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We have players, coaches here as well as doctors. How interesting.
I’m certainly no doctor. That being said, the cowboys cannot rely on LVE as a starter anymore.

If he wants to still play, and sign for backup price and be a backup. Fine.

But he cannot be relied on as a starter.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Well, go ahead and step up with the specifics of the medical then. Otherwise bias only is being spewed about.
Bro was IRd over a neck issue that’s been a constant in this young man’s career. What else needs to be said? Lmao

The medical team with the certification you demand have said, you can not play until we know how this heals.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I hope that injury didn't mess up his fusion. I'd be more worried of having life long neck pain and issues than ending my career after already making millions.
I can't see playing heavy contact sports with screws and rods in one's spine. This re-injury injury was pretty much predictable. And even wo playing sports, the chances of adjacent disc disease if quite moderate in years to come after a spinal fusion.

Last edited:

Doomsday77

Reaction score
We don't know how to do this, we love injured players who we have to wait on!!!!
And I get it from the standpoint of our front office. Value pick (potentially), don't need that particular position immediately so we'll wait. Not what I would do but not my money.