LVE > Sean Lee

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Never thought I would say that but it is true. Here’s why -

1. Lee has been a great player but is not reliable
2. LVE was supposed to be a guy that needed more experience. I don’t see it. He is always around the play, I have not seen him miss a tackle, and he is BIG.
3. LVE is a big guy. He will probably end up being 260 pounds. Guys go down when he hits them. Lee was always a bit undersized.
4. LVE is very quick. Big man who is a glider but man he covers ground. Smith is more of a quick twitch player but LVE is extremely fluid for a big man. Lee was always quick but has no advantage over LVE in speed.
5. LVE has been excellent in coverage. That was his rep and he has been good. Long limbed guy that is tough to throw around.
6. LVE is just starting to come into his own. He will get bigger and with more experience...

I hope they don’t stunt his growth when Lee is healthy.

Thoughts?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Although LVE looks good for a rook, he still has much, much more to learn and it'd be best if he's doing so in real game situations with Lee on the field. Unless Lee is a liability when he's out there I think it's shortsighted to turn over the keys to a rookie unless you're forced to.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Play them both but play LVE more.

Sean Lee will get hurt again. So limit his snaps as much as possible.

He should welcome the role of being a player coach here in Dallas. He could extend his career and play a few more years if he did that and be a great leader for our team.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
At some point you have to bite the bullet and sit the "old guy". While Lee, when healthy, is probably better than LVE you can't count on him to be out there. And there are lots of younger defenders, like Smith, Awuzie, Jones, etc. that will be around a lot longer than Lee. The defense needs to get a starting unit set up, and Lee is too old to be in that group.

Sad, Lee's given so much to the team, but that's life in the NFL.

LVE should get the majority of the snaps, have Lee spell him to keep LVE fresh. That should help keep Lee healthy as well, you'll have him for LVE's backup, and a darn good one at that...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never thought I would say that but it is true. Here’s why -

1. Lee has been a great player but is not reliable
2. LVE was supposed to be a guy that needed more experience. I don’t see it. He is always around the play, I have not seen him miss a tackle, and he is BIG.
3. LVE is a big guy. He will probably end up being 260 pounds. Guys go down when he hits them. Lee was always a bit undersized.
4. LVE is very quick. Big man who is a glider but man he covers ground. Smith is more of a quick twitch player but LVE is extremely fluid for a big man. Lee was always quick but has no advantage over LVE in speed.
5. LVE has been excellent in coverage. That was his rep and he has been good. Long limbed guy that is tough to throw around.
6. LVE is just starting to come into his own. He will get bigger and with more experience...

I hope they don’t stunt his growth when Lee is healthy.

Thoughts?

Vander Esch is ahead of Jaylon on the mental side of playing in the NFL. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Jaylon was last season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Vander Esch is ahead of Jaylon on the mental side of playing in the NFL. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Jaylon was last season.

His position is very good for a rookie and even if he gets a little out of position he is so explosive that he can make up for it and you would never know.

The Cowboys have so much confidence in him that he is guarding 4.3 WR's 30 yards down field lol.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So....

1. Lee is unreliable
2. Sean Lee is also around the play? So that's not really a point here or there
3. LVE is big. Again that doesnt mean anything
4. LVE is fast. Again no point
5. Lee is one of the best cover LBs in the league
6. LVE is on the rise

Check out @JohnOwning’s Tweet:

Dwight

Reaction score
Start both of them. It will maximize the talents on the defense. LVE will continue to improve.

However, the FO needs to strongly consider cutting ties with Lee next offseason. Money can be used for talented free agents.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Everyone's all amped up abut this defense - and I'd love to be as well. Unfortunately, the Cap & free agency will destroy this up and coming unit before we ever have a chance to see what it could potentially be.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So....

1. Lee is unreliable
2. Sean Lee is also around the play? So that's not really a point here or there
3. LVE is big. Again that doesnt mean anything
4. LVE is fast. Again no point
5. Lee is one of the best cover LBs in the league
6. LVE is on the rise

Check out @JohnOwning’s Tweet:

This tweet is garbage. Lee would have made little to no difference in the Houston game or the Detroit game both Qbs were putting the passes where they needed to be. Detroit was throwing dimes, and Houston's WR had hands of glue in that game.