LVE > Sean Lee

aikemirv

Reaction score
Everyone's all amped up abut this defense - and I'd love to be as well. Unfortunately, the Cap & free agency will destroy this up and coming unit before we ever have a chance to see what it could potentially be.

Not if you pay the defense and let Dak go - don't pay Dak and draft a QB

jrumann59

Reaction score
What was your point here?
Yes I watched, I was there lmao, and all the things you just stated would have been affected by Lee playing. The 32 yard rush was right up the middle in Jaylon's gap. Lee has been exceptional for many years stopping the big run.

And I provided proof with the tweet that I included. Review it

As for "how could he help blah blah blah"
With him on the field we allow 5.73 yards per pass attempt, with him off we allow 9.12. THATS HOW LEE IS HELPING AND YOU'D KNOW THAT IF YOU LOOKED AT MY INITIAL POST
He has been ok this year, if anything his age has started to show. Tackles that would have been losses last year were small gains. Lee has done a lot for this team with his time here but he is what he is right now an aging LB with injury issues and has looked slow this year. His skills from years past do not carry over to this year.

Those stats are garbage because look at who they played his two games that he played in Carolina and NYG both of which had issues overall. Him being in the lineup would not have helped that much against the attack of Stafford and the catching clinic Houston put on. In both of those games the receivers were covered.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He has been ok this year, if anything his age has started to show. Tackles that would have been losses last year were small gains. Lee has done a lot for this team with his time here but he is what he is right now an aging LB with injury issues and has looked slow this year. His skills from years past do not carry over to this year.

Those stats are garbage because look at who they played his two games that he played in Carolina and NYG both of which had issues overall. Him being in the lineup would not have helped that much against the attack of Stafford and the catching clinic Houston put on. In both of those games the receivers were covered.

He had 11 tackles and a half sack in 36 snaps against the Seahawks before his injury. If he plays all 69 snaps that on pace for 21 tackles. But yeah, he's been "okay" this year.
That was the last we've seen of Sean Lee. So everything you're saying has been disproven. 21 tackles is not looking slow hahah

It would have been much easier if you had said "well you have to take into account the competition when comparing his in and out split" instead of "this tweet is garbage".

DiResta

Reaction score
no, he isn't
but his ceiling is way, way up there

it's a good thing Stephen (despite his shortcomings) doesn't kneejerk as hard as some fans, he'd be cutting everybody after a bad game (Jarwin, Hurns, Heath, etc...) or trading the draft for every name player that popped up on his feed

Vander Esch overall had a good game and he's truly a tackling machine but rewatching every snap he had at least 3 bad run fits in this game 2 of which went for big gains (one was called back on a sketchy holding call though)

this isn't those 2 but the rb thankfully didn't hit it or he had only Xavier to beat

Lee is still the best linebacker on t he team when healthy, he's coaching these guys up realtime and he's the leader of the defense
can we please stop trying to get rid of these experienced vets (Romo) when they obviously give a huge benefit with experience and in Lee's case play rotation?

do you have to cut Lee to see how these guys might look completely different figuring it out for themselves?
so annoying

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
His position is very good for a rookie and even if he gets a little out of position he is so explosive that he can make up for it and you would never know.

The Cowboys have so much confidence in him that he is guarding 4.3 WR's 30 yards down field lol.

LOL I think that was the Jags scheming correctly rather than being overly confident in LVE. But I get what you mean.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
no, he isn't
but his ceiling is way, way up there

it's a good thing Stephen (despite his shortcomings) doesn't kneejerk as hard as some fans, he'd be cutting everybody after a bad game (Jarwin, Hurns, Heath, etc...) or trading the draft for every name player that popped up on his feed

Vander Esch overall had a good game and he's truly a tackling machine but rewatching every snap he had at least 3 bad run fits in this game 2 of which went for big gains (one was called back on a sketchy holding call though)

this isn't those 2 but the rb thankfully didn't hit it or he had only Xavier to beat

Lee is still the best linebacker on t he team when healthy, he's coaching these guys up realtime and he's the leader of the defense
can we please stop trying to get rid of these experienced vets (Romo) when they obviously give a huge benefit with experience and in Lee's case play rotation?

do you have to cut Lee to see how these guys might look completely different figuring it out for themselves?
so annoying

The only way he will stop making the nit picky mistakes is if he plays more.

We can't throw the football well enough to make noise this season anyways. We are a mediocre team. Play the young guy. He'll be running circles around Lee in a year or 2.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know why it would have to be one or the other but if that's the question, then it's Lee all day. LVE has more athletically but Lee has forgotten more about playing Defense then LVE has ever known, at this point in his career. That's more important then anything else. Our Defense is good with either player but only one guy on this Defensive unit has seen everything there is to see in the NFL. That's the bigger threat IMO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone's all amped up abut this defense - and I'd love to be as well. Unfortunately, the Cap & free agency will destroy this up and coming unit before we ever have a chance to see what it could potentially be.

How many on defense will be free agents next year, and are you assuming we can't/won't sign any of them, or acquire any new talent to help make up for the ones we do lose?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Playing Lee less isn't going to keep him from tearing a hamstring.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Vander Esch is ahead of Jaylon on the mental side of playing in the NFL. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Jaylon was last season.
Mental side meaning? LVE didn't have to mentally worry about the effects of drop foot.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He had 11 tackles and a half sack in 36 snaps against the Seahawks before his injury. If he plays all 69 snaps that on pace for 21 tackles. But yeah, he's been "okay" this year.
That was the last we've seen of Sean Lee. So everything you're saying has been disproven. 21 tackles is not looking slow hahah

It would have been much easier if you had said "well you have to take into account the competition when comparing his in and out split" instead of "this tweet is garbage".
He is not tackling as good as he has in the passed, many of his tackles this year have been more the hold on and drag down. He gets to the spot about half a step late. How many of his tackles were solo and assists?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Whut?
Lee doesn't have Woodson's speed nor flexibility. That would be an awful move.

Lee is a bad choice for that. As you say, doesn't have the speed or flexibility.

But Jaylon does. I've been advocating for Jaylon to play the role of an in the box SS, particularly in "nickel". Let him cover a TE in man, let him blitz, let him spy the QB, let him blitz/cover the RB.

Our LBs should be kept on the field as much as possible. In nickel, put Heath single high, Jaylon as that in the box SS, bring in a corner and take out the S. Lee and LVE play the traditional LB roles.

But if we are only going to play 2 LBs, I could see taking Lee off the field. LVE and Jaylon are just more athletic.