LVE > Sean Lee

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This tweet is garbage. Lee would have made little to no difference in the Houston game or the Detroit game both Qbs were putting the passes where they needed to be. Detroit was throwing dimes, and Houston's WR had hands of glue in that game.

The tweet is garbage...?
It's literally statistics with him on and off the field, and didnt even mention either of those games.

But thinking he wouldnt have made a difference is just ludicrous lmao. Kerryon Johnson doesnt average 6.1 ypc with Lee in the game. Also Stafford didnt target Byron once in the game, so of his 30 passes, there were quite a bit that targeted LBs, Lee is as good of a cover LB as any in the league. He absolutely makes a differencd.

You can give your hypotheticals that you have no clue to be right or not, I'll post the facts.

lopey

Reaction score
Never thought I would say that but it is true. Here’s why -

1. Lee has been a great player but is not reliable
2. LVE was supposed to be a guy that needed more experience. I don’t see it. He is always around the play, I have not seen him miss a tackle, and he is BIG.
3. LVE is a big guy. He will probably end up being 260 pounds. Guys go down when he hits them. Lee was always a bit undersized.
4. LVE is very quick. Big man who is a glider but man he covers ground. Smith is more of a quick twitch player but LVE is extremely fluid for a big man. Lee was always quick but has no advantage over LVE in speed.
5. LVE has been excellent in coverage. That was his rep and he has been good. Long limbed guy that is tough to throw around.
6. LVE is just starting to come into his own. He will get bigger and with more experience...

I hope they don’t stunt his growth when Lee is healthy.

Thoughts?
I agree

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Ideally, we find a way to get all 3 a lot of playing time. Maybe start Smith or LVE at SLB, use Smith as a designated pass rusher on some nickel formations and rotate them on the other.
Then, if Lee gets hurt again, Wilson starts again and we are still good.
We have so much cap space next year, I would really like to keep Lee for the rest of his contract.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Aren't they playing 2 different positions at this point?

I thought they moved Jaylon Smith to the weak side and LVE was playing middle linebacker.

I don't see Lee playing MLB or how you can move Jaylon when he is thriving on the weak side.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lee can play any of the 3 LB spots, keep LVE where he is and keep Jaylon in the middle.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Never thought I would say that but it is true. Here’s why -

1. Lee has been a great player but is not reliable
2. LVE was supposed to be a guy that needed more experience. I don’t see it. He is always around the play, I have not seen him miss a tackle, and he is BIG.
3. LVE is a big guy. He will probably end up being 260 pounds. Guys go down when he hits them. Lee was always a bit undersized.
4. LVE is very quick. Big man who is a glider but man he covers ground. Smith is more of a quick twitch player but LVE is extremely fluid for a big man. Lee was always quick but has no advantage over LVE in speed.
5. LVE has been excellent in coverage. That was his rep and he has been good. Long limbed guy that is tough to throw around.
6. LVE is just starting to come into his own. He will get bigger and with more experience...

I hope they don’t stunt his growth when Lee is healthy.

Thoughts?
It isn't an either or

Let them all play ...... the more the merrier....bring in Thomas and Wilson for some fun

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ideally, we find a way to get all 3 a lot of playing time. Maybe start Smith or LVE at SLB, use Smith as a designated pass rusher on some nickel formations and rotate them on the other.
Then, if Lee gets hurt again, Wilson starts again and we are still good.
We have so much cap space next year, I would really like to keep Lee for the rest of his contract.
JSmith as the SAM with his hand on the ground outside of DLaw opens up some serious blitzes

jrumann59

Reaction score
The tweet is garbage...?
It's literally statistics with him on and off the field, and didnt even mention either of those games.

But thinking he wouldnt have made a difference is just ludicrous lmao. Kerryon Johnson doesnt average 6.1 ypc with Lee in the game. Also Stafford didnt target Byron once in the game, so of his 30 passes, there were quite a bit that targeted LBs, Lee is as good of a cover LB as any in the league. He absolutely makes a differencd.

You can give your hypotheticals that you have no clue to be right or not, I'll post the facts.
Did you watch that game Johnson only carried the ball 9 times he had 1 rush for 32 yards and the rest of his carries were 8 for 23 yards. Lions as a team was 20 for 91 and 1 TD two longest runs 17 by agnew and 32 by Johnson. In the passing game rb and TE combined for 9 catches for 45 yards with Riddick being the "biggest" threat of that group at 4 for 20. How is Lee helping with their 3 WR that averaged over 16 yards a catch.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Vander Esch is ahead of Jaylon on the mental side of playing in the NFL. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Jaylon was last season.
I don't think so. If he was, he'd have the green sticker on his helmet on game day. Jaylon's problems last year were all related to the drop foot. I think his mind knew where to be, but his body wouldn't let him get there. I think there were times he got caught "guessing" where the play was going so he could try and get there as quickly as he could. Then if the play went the other way, he looked bad. This year we are starting to see the real Jaylon, the Jaylon I saw in HS and at ND.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Sean Lee at full strength and health is one of the more elite LB's in the league. The problem is, we never see that guy and in the first few weeks of the season he was sloppy and rusty.

LVE, the "Tacklin' Dutchman", is the real deal. There may not be an open field tackler in the NFL that is better.

cern

Reaction score
any shortcoming by Jaylon smith last year were due to physical limitations, not mental limitations. any suggestion to the contrary is insulting. lee's greatness is etched in stone, but he is guaranteed to miss at least 6 games a year. lve's progress has been outstanding. he does possess good recognition skills and has the athletic ability to be a great lb. but as hunters in west texas are wont to say, "you gotta let the big dog eat".

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Did you watch that game Johnson only carried the ball 9 times he had 1 rush for 32 yards and the rest of his carries were 8 for 23 yards. Lions as a team was 20 for 91 and 1 TD two longest runs 17 by agnew and 32 by Johnson. In the passing game rb and TE combined for 9 catches for 45 yards with Riddick being the "biggest" threat of that group at 4 for 20. How is Lee helping with their 3 WR that averaged over 16 yards a catch.

What was your point here?
Yes I watched, I was there lmao, and all the things you just stated would have been affected by Lee playing. The 32 yard rush was right up the middle in Jaylon's gap. Lee has been exceptional for many years stopping the big run.

And I provided proof with the tweet that I included. Review it

As for "how could he help blah blah blah"
With him on the field we allow 5.73 yards per pass attempt, with him off we allow 9.12. THATS HOW LEE IS HELPING AND YOU'D KNOW THAT IF YOU LOOKED AT MY INITIAL POST

Batman1980

Reaction score
The fact that it's even up for debate speaks volumes about LVE. Bobby Carpenter he is not. Those accusations were laughable. He is the future.

To go from 9 man football to Boise State to starting at WILL for the Dallas Cowboys in his rookie season. Yeesh!