LVMPD Body Cam Footage in Michael Bennett Incident Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Th e media covered the civil rights movement and protest in the same way. Many of the same type of people said the same things about the liberal media then. They’ve been proven to be on the right side of history and will be again.

LOL right back to civil rights. You going to move it back to slavery next?

Again, provide something. I once had a police officer stop me and my white friends and ask me my age and why i was out so late. It was horrific.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So you're ignoring the Michael Brown lie I referred to and moved on to someone else? And even this one is contested buy the hispanic policeman who says he accidentally shot Kinsey.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/north-miami-cop-who-shot-unarmed-man-charles-kinsey-i-n614766

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/charles-kinsey-shooting-jonathan-aledda-north-miami-police-department/

This looks more like a mismanaged inciden than anything else.
I never heard you refer to Brown.

There are too many “mismanaged” incidents. One is too many if it was one of your family members dead.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
LOL right back to civil rights. You going to move it back to slavery next?

Again, provide something. I once had a police officer stop me and my white friends and ask me my age and why i was out so late. It was horrific.
I’m simply providing a historical civil issue when the liberal media was on one side of a civil issue and then telling you this civil issue will one day be viewed in the same way. There is a right side and a wrong side. History will judge.

Did they police freak out on you? Grab or pull their gun? Did they tell any jokes about how they only shoot black people? Those are always funny!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’m simply providing a historical civil issue when the liberal media was on one side of a civil issue and then telling you this civil issue will one day be viewed in the same way. There is a right side and a wrong side. History will judge.

Did they police freak out on you? Grab or pull their gun? Did they tell any jokes about how they only shoot black people? Those are always funny!!

> Liberal media was once on the right side, so they are always on the right side.

You're so bad at this.

But since we are allowed anecdotes. I shall rework my story: Yes, they beat me and my friends to a bloody pulp, used slurs, come to think of it, these police officers were black!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
> Liberal media was once on the right side, so they are always on the right side.

You're so bad at this.

But since we are allowed anecdotes. I shall rework my story: Yes, they beat me and my friends to a bloody pulp, used slurs, come to think of it, these police officers were black!
Your persecution complex is not allowing you to read my replies correctly. You’re adding things that aren’t there. I didn’t say always. I said in the Civil rights issue and now they’ll be right again. It’s just one comparision. Not always.

Since you brought it let’s move the discussion to that. Liberals vs conservatives on social issues through American history.

Slavery, Blacks right to vote, Jim Crow laws, Woman’s right to vote, Child labor laws, Prohibition of alcohol, War on Drugs, interracial marriage, gay marriage, social security, though Nixon introduced it they now oppose the clean water act. And other environmental laws.

Though not a social issue conservatives opposed the beginnings of this country by choosing to be loyal to the king vs the colonies.

They have been right on some issues. Some are opposing communism and facism which were great stands to take. The social issues they don’t do as well with imo. They tend to let their fear of change blind them.

Btw anecdotes and made up stories that have no purpose other than to arouse emotion with sensationalism aren’t the same thing. I was sharing a real life event that helped me understand other people’s point of view and it was relevent to my explanation. You were... I guess trying to be cute? Funny? Avoid that. You’re not good at it.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Slavery, Blacks right to vote, Jim Crow laws, Woman’s right to vote, Child labor laws, Prohibition of alcohol, War on Drugs, interracial marriage, gay marriage, social security, though Nixon introduced it they now oppose the clean water act. And other environmental laws.

I have to go to work soon or I'd respond to some more of your posts but do you know which party opposed slavery? And which party opposed integration? Which party stood at the steps of schools to not allow black students to enter? Which party was associated with the KKK and had members in the KKK up until very recently? It's amazing to me the Democrat Party has reinvented itself where people like you think they were the party that fought for these civil issues when, in fact, they opposed so many of them.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I have to go to work soon or I'd respond to some more of your posts but do you know which party opposed slavery? And which party opposed integration? Which party stood at the steps of schools to not allow black students to enter? Which party was associated with the KKK and had members in the KKK up until very recently? It's amazing to me the Democrat Party has reinvented itself where people like you think they were the party that fought for these civil issues when, in fact, they opposed so many of them.

Do you understand that throughout our history neither party has always been liberal or conservative on every issue? See people are so blind to their party affiliation they can’t imagine that fact. It’s a Shame they don’t know it.

In the 1860’s the Republican Party was a progressive party that opposed the power structure of that time.
Part of their platform was a progressive tax system and freeing the slaves. They were liberals of that time. The Revenue Act of 1862 brought taxes on the wealthy and a more progressive tax system.

The Democratic Party was the party of the kkk until the Civil Rights movement which Republicans were also a part of at the beginning when members of both parties worked together. However, not long after that many Republicans started their southern strategy and began opposing equal rights and desegregation. Many segregationist Democrats flipped to the Republican Party. This strategy continues today. Voter suppression is one valuable tactic they use.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Reaction score
The Democratic Party was the party of the kkk until the Civil Rights movement which Republicans were also a part of at the beginning when members of both parties worked together. However, not long after that many Republicans started their southern strategy and began opposing equal rights and desegregation. Many segregationist Democrats flipped to the Republican Party. This strategy continues today. Voter suppression is one valuable tactic they use.

As to the bolded part, you have to be kidding. The Democrats ran of a platform of segregation. The only thing that saved that party was JFK who had to send the US Marshals to enforce desegregation. I can go on with names of Southern (Democrat) politicians who were segregationists but I get the feeling it won't make a difference.

And I don't know which politicians flipped their associations. I do know who they were and their affiliation at the time of the Civil Rights movement.

See people are so blind to their party affiliation they can’t imagine that fact. It’s a Shame they don’t know it.

I'm not blind to any affiliation. Politicians suck on both sides. But your statement can apply to both sides.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
As to the bolded part, you have to be kidding. The Democrats ran of a platform of segregation. The only thing that saved that party was JFK who had to send the US Marshals to enforce desegregation. I can go on with names of Southern (Democrat) politicians who were segregationists but I get the feeling it won't make a difference.

And I don't know which politicians flipped their associations. I do know who they were and their affiliation at the time of the Civil Rights movement.

I'm not blind to any affiliation. Politicians suck on both sides. But your statement can apply to both sides.
Democrats opposed civil rights and the laws were passed by liberal/moderate Republicans and liberal/moderate Democrats. The Civil Rights Act was signed into law by Lyndon Johnson, a Democrat.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Yes. At the beginning of the civil rights movement

Status
Not open for further replies.