LVMPD Body Cam Footage in Michael Bennett Incident Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Bull. He said he was single or because of his appearance, not that he was single or because the cops were white.

Some of you guys are so hoping to turn this into a black vs white thing that you can't even see he, and the other protestors, are talking about police culture.

LOL! Bennett wrote a public statement and made it a national issue. Read that statement and get back to me.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Tell that to Mark Fuhrman....... he had a screenplay used against him to help free a murderer
Do you want your boss having a record of everything you say and do, all day every day? Cops have rights too

Many professions have to deal with constant surveillance while on the job. There is no right to an employer that does not surveille nor is there any right to law enforcement receiving such rights.

They do have plenty of rights though. In fact they have more rights than we do.

When a cop is accused of a crime, before questioning begins he must receive in writing who said accuser is and what the allegation is. You cannot question a cop accused of a crime for 3 days so he can "cool off." When he is questioned he can only be done so by one person with a defense attorney and union rep present. Said interviews have to be during regular hours and for a limited duration. You cannot threated disciplinary action. While the investigation is ongoing the public is to be kept in the dark. Civilian oversight is prohibited. If all of those conditions are not met then the case is procedurally dropped.

That is before you even consider the conflict of interest in local police and prosecutors investigating and prosecuting themselves.

Meanwhile when we are accused they send multiple police at us, interrogate us for as long as the want, and at any hour of their whim. They try to coerce us to waive the right to an attorney and threaten to throw the book at us if we do not cooperate. They will use the press and public opinion to our advantage with leaked information and smear campaigns.

Cops should be held to a higher standard not a lower.

The OJ case was all about the defense manipulating a lack of trust that the public had in the police in the wake of the Rodney King beatings and acquittals. That is just another in a long line of crap that cops get away with because they are cops.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Many professions have to deal with constant surveillance while on the job. There is no right to an employer that does not surveille nor is there any right to law enforcement receiving such rights.

They do have plenty of rights though. In fact they have more rights than we do.

When a cop is accused of a crime, before questioning begins he must receive in writing who said accuser is and what the allegation is. You cannot question a cop accused of a crime for 3 days so he can "cool off." When he is questioned he can only be done so by one person with a defense attorney and union rep present. Said interviews have to be during regular hours and for a limited duration. You cannot threated disciplinary action. While the investigation is ongoing the public is to be kept in the dark. Civilian oversight is prohibited. If all of those conditions are not met then the case is procedurally dropped.

That is before you even consider the conflict of interest in local police and prosecutors investigating and prosecuting themselves.

Meanwhile when we are accused they send multiple police at us, interrogate us for as long as the want, and at any hour of their whim. They try to coerce us to waive the right to an attorney and threaten to throw the book at us if we do not cooperate. They will use the press and public opinion to our advantage with leaked information and smear campaigns.

Cops should be held to a higher standard not a lower.

The OJ case was all about the defense manipulating a lack of trust that the public had in the police in the wake of the Rodney King beatings and acquittals. That is just another in a long line of crap that cops get away with because they are cops.
LOL, you must have a crappy attorney.

Money does buy the best defense. And if you think the cops got away with anything in the OJ case then why didn't they get a conviction?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
LOL! Bennett wrote a public statement and made it a national issue. Read that statement and get back to me.

Have you read it?
I'd love for you to show me where he said the officers were white.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
These body cams should not be able to be turn off and on any time the police want. But I thought I read the detaining officer had his body cam off during the pursuit but later had it on when detaining Bennett.

Most likely a battery life issue. I hear John Goodenough (basically the inventor of lithium-ion batteries) has a new technology that could possibility change that. (non-explosive batteries at that)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is a prime example of what the war on cops is based upon,,, BS and spin.
Right. This video “Trumps” all the other videos that show unarmed citizens being shot. That and thousands of accounts by minority citizens going back 50 plus years.

Yep. This one means that was all bs.

Good call.:)

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL, you must have a crappy attorney.

Money does buy the best defense. And if you think the cops got away with anything in the OJ case then why didn't they get a conviction?

I was speaking for citizens in general thus the use of the word we and not for myself. I have never needed a criminal attorney although as a teenager I was able to get an ADA to drop an MIP charge all by my lonesome. As for the cops getting away with something, I was speaking of the cops in the Rodney King beating getting acquitted.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When I watched the original video I heard a cop tell everyone to not move and I heard another cop telling everyone to go out the door.

So I can't say without a doubt that Bennett didn't hear a cop telling him to go out the door.

What I can say without a doubt is that Bennett was really reaching when he said this was some type of racist thing.

I also don't know how he was treated throughout the entire process so who knows.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was speaking for citizens in general thus the use of the word we and not for myself. I have never needed a criminal attorney although as a teenager I was able to get an ADA to drop an MIP charge all by my lonesome. As for the cops getting away with something, I was speaking of the cops in the Rodney King beating getting acquitted.

Your reading comprehension sucks.
Of course you've seen the RK video the media wanted you to see after they edited it to suit their narrative. That's right, the media chose to edit out the first three seconds of the tape that showed Rodney King rising up from the street to charge one officer in a clear-cut violent assault. In self defense, that officer struck King with his PR-24. There were 4 cops around RK that night and two were eventually convicted in a retrial and sent to prison. The other two... yeah they got acquitted because they didn't do anything wrong.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Of course you've seen the RK video the media wanted you to see after they edited it to suit their narrative. That's right, the media chose to edit out the first three seconds of the tape that showed Rodney King rising up from the street to charge one officer in a clear-cut violent assault. In self defense, that officer struck King with his PR-24. There were 4 cops around RK that night and two were eventually convicted in a retrial and sent to prison. The other two... yeah they got acquitted because they didn't do anything wrong.
and nothing happened to the other 2 people in the car with King that didn't fight the Police high on drugs

Cops aren't paid to have fistfights or "fair fights" with criminals.... that is why we give them the weapons

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
remember folks, our dear Commissioner made a public stand with Bennett by affording him the benefit of the doubt (i.e. taking his side before facts and evidence released)

the same doubt was not benefited to Zeke in his case in which most of the evidence and facts point to false allegations

now please, tell me more about how there is no anti-Cowboy bias in the NFL offices

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
remember folks, our dear Commissioner made a public stand with Bennett by affording him the benefit of the doubt (i.e. taking his side before facts and evidence released)

the same doubt was not benefited to Zeke in his case in which most of the evidence and facts point to false allegations

now please, tell me more about how there is no anti-Cowboy bias in the NFL offices
Also remember... our dear Commissioner made a public stand by allowing players to take a knee during the national anthem to protest what they perceive as police brutality and further supported that stance by refusing the request of the Cowboys last season to affix a sticker to their helmet to show support for the family's of the cops shot down in Dallas.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Also remember... our dear Commissioner made a public stand by allowing players to take a knee during the national anthem to protest what they perceive as police brutality and further supported that stance by refusing the request of the Cowboys last season to affix a sticker to their helmet to show support for the family's of the cops shot down in Dallas.
this one is arguably the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.