M.Fisher explains the MM fed up with Jerry thing

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If we, as fans, can easily see that this team is cursed with a FO that's inadequate, isn't it likely that our players are aware of it, too? :facepalm:
They're around the likes of Jerry and Stephen on a somewhat regular basis -- it's more than evident that they know what to expect. :angry:
Somehow, despite all the signs that indicate this team's players have a morale problem that won't quit, the FO yet blames coaching. :muttley:

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
If we, as fans, can easily see that this team is cursed with a FO that's inadequate, isn't it likely that our players are aware of it, too? :facepalm:
They're around the likes of Jerry and Stephen on a somewhat regular basis -- it's more than evident that they know what to expect. :angry:
Somehow, despite all the signs that indicate this team's players have a morale problem that won't quit, the FO yet blames coaching. :muttley:
I wonder if the players are aware of it but cool with it because Jerry is all about marketing and our players seem to be more about marketing and side businesses than results on the field.

an example of this is at the end of the year Lawrence goes on radio promoting his protein thing and then when he finally gets around to football he says the team was tired. I don’t know if that goes in other cities but it flies in Dallas. So I wonder if the players use the Cowboys strictly to make money, like Jerry does, and if we win great but if not they made money. Coaches and GM can’t get mad at the players for making on field results a lesser priority than making money. That’s the culture Jerry established. I don’t know, I’m just thinking out loud.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wonder if the players are aware of it but cool with it because Jerry is all about marketing and our players seem to be more about marketing and side businesses than results on the field.

an example of this is at the end of the year Lawrence goes on radio promoting his protein thing and then when he finally gets around to football he says the team was tired. I don’t know if that goes in other cities but it flies in Dallas. So I wonder if the players use the Cowboys strictly to make money, like Jerry does, and if we win great but if not they made money. Coaches and GM can’t get mad at the players for making on field results a lesser priority than making money. That’s the culture Jerry established. I don’t know, I’m just thinking out loud.
There may be something to that, but maybe the players are aware that Jerry has dementia & won't follow his example. Let's hope so! :muttley:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the guy who started it was a GB reporter when Mike was there.

This wasn't a report based on discovered information. It was a leak directly from a source.

mcmvp

Reaction score
He does a good job of explaining this and sort of says the person who started this doesnt know anything about cowboys.

Tyler Dunn has been around for a while… And he used to cover McCarthy/Packers

The story is probably very legit… Not sure why it would shock anybody. McCarthy is four years into working for Jerry Jones. Any coach that’s worked with Jerry Jones for that long without reaching the fed up point is not a coach worth respecting, really

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fish is all about the click bait.
he pretends like he's one of
"us" but all he does is piggyback off of the very same pampered culture issues that Jerry perpetuates, and he knows it. Fish is striking while the iron is hot then will take his hush money into the sunset at retirement, but not til Jerry says so.Thats always been the Dallas media since Jerry came to town You scratch my back, I scratch yours. You toe the line, you remain inside with limited access to the team. You get out of line, I might make your life harder. Thats how this thing works. Fish creates his own set of Facts, then pretends there are known knowns. Its almost kinda cute, if it wasn't a bit disgusting when you stop and REALLY think about why he does it. It starts and ends with Jerry and Stevie, aways has. Jerry will be the first to tell you with glee. I've said this a million times, I will say it again. LOOK who was one of, if not THE FIRST, to run with a fraudulent story that ultimately got Amari run out of Dallas for a bag of chips. Amari Cooper quietly went about his business and continues to. Highly productive, NOT LAZY and doesn't take plays off. I know the real reason he was run but can't talk about it on here. I won't. But if ya now, you know. Fish tries to pretend Amari was the reason we got beat by San Fran in 2022. Jerry gave him the formulated story, then Fish ran with it, then next thing u now, we give Amari away. For a guy like Fish who claims hes got an office next to Jerry at the star,it sure is weird how he gets so much wrong. I mean, its almost like its on purpose....

Rayman70

Reaction score
My best guess is Jerry is less than happy with MM. Thus the 1 year deal.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "Lame" buds...............

LOBO7

Reaction score
Dont care what McCarthy is feeling. He is lucky to still have a job.
The team was not ready to go at kickoff for a playoff game.
GB 27 Dal 0 2nd Qtr. Never forget.

tunahelper

Reaction score
105 said it perfectly today

They can see why he would be frustrated with Jerry and all the antics, but at the same time he should’ve known we were a clown show coming in.
I would add MM should have extracted more control before he took the job. Otherwise, he is a fraud as well. Everyone knows Jerry is gonna be Jerry, so MM should have put his needs into writing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Poor MM never stood a chance even though the roster was good enough to make an SB run except for the most important player on the field who once again choked.
Another victim of a long line of them the past 8 years.
No it wasn't. We didn't have the DT's to make a super bowl run. To make a SB run, you absolutely must be able to negate the opposing QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it wasn't. We didn't have the DT's to make a super bowl run. To make a SB run, you absolutely must be able to negate the opposing QB.
When your defense holds the Niners to 17 and 23 points you have the talent to reach the SUPERBOWL..................

Reid1boys

Reaction score
105 said it perfectly today

They can see why he would be frustrated with Jerry and all the antics, but at the same time he should’ve known we were a clown show coming in.
oh please... Mike has FAILED miserably in the playoffs. Hes the coach, his teams blew it. That lost to GB was embarrassing and I would have fired him after that game.

Wizarus

Reaction score
I mean its not surprising, Jerry is signing players without even notifying him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Poor Mike. He can always go back to playing pretend head coach in his mommies basement like he did before he got drunk and had a sleep over party with Jerry.

plasticman

Reaction score
I believe that Jerry does not call the plays......recently. However, I believe he does influence the gameplan.

Fisher says something to the effect that McCarthy has more power here than he ever had in Green Bay. However, would that be true if the Cowboys had a legitimate knowledgeable GM?

"You will get destroyed"....says Fisher, if you wish to debate him on the facts.

I feel like a lot of these guys value their access to Jerry Jones and don't wish to see it jeopardized. Therefore, you are going to see them come to Jerry's defense sometimes while participating in the revised narratives.