M.Fisher explains the MM fed up with Jerry thing

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe that Jerry does not call the plays......recently. However, I believe he does influence the gameplan.

Fisher says something to the effect that McCarthy has more power here than he ever had in Green Bay. However, would that be true if the Cowboys had a legitimate knowledgeable GM?

"You will get destroyed"....says Fisher, if you wish to debate him on the facts.

I feel like a lot of these guys value their access to Jerry Jones and don't wish to see it jeopardized. Therefore, you are going to see them come to Jerry's defense sometimes while participating in the revised narratives.
I do not believe he does that either. I think fans think this and Jerry knows it. So he takes the hit and keeps some criticism off the coaches.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
To me the telling thing is neither MM or Jones individually or together have rushed out and said there was absolutely nothing to that "rumor." It has been long enough now for both of them to comment. I am sure they have had the opportunity. That is the kind of rumor/story that you want to put and end to and move on ASAP.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I remember Belichick experimenting with 2 DC's attempting to be OC's with a 2nd year QB after having a promising rookie year. That did not work out so well.

I wonder why we think having 2 GM's, with 2 completely different philosophies is going to work.

Maybe, just maybe that is why nothing is getting done?

Is Stephen doing a hostile take over from Jerry?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
he pretends like he's one of
"us" but all he does is piggyback off of the very same pampered culture issues that Jerry perpetuates, and he knows it. Fish is striking while the iron is hot then will take his hush money into the sunset at retirement, but not til Jerry says so.Thats always been the Dallas media since Jerry came to town You scratch my back, I scratch yours. You toe the line, you remain inside with limited access to the team. You get out of line, I might make your life harder. Thats how this thing works. Fish creates his own set of Facts, then pretends there are known knowns. Its almost kinda cute, if it wasn't a bit disgusting when you stop and REALLY think about why he does it. It starts and ends with Jerry and Stevie, aways has. Jerry will be the first to tell you with glee. I've said this a million times, I will say it again. LOOK who was one of, if not THE FIRST, to run with a fraudulent story that ultimately got Amari run out of Dallas for a bag of chips. Amari Cooper quietly went about his business and continues to. Highly productive, NOT LAZY and doesn't take plays off. I know the real reason he was run but can't talk about it on here. I won't. But if ya now, you know. Fish tries to pretend Amari was the reason we got beat by San Fran in 2022. Jerry gave him the formulated story, then Fish ran with it, then next thing u now, we give Amari away. For a guy like Fish who claims hes got an office next to Jerry at the star,it sure is weird how he gets so much wrong. I mean, its almost like its on purpose....
I didnt know who fish was back then lol.
I just started watching his shows this off season.
I think jerry uses him, because they led fish to believe they were going to draft brooks, but I think they never intended to.
So far I see fish as a homer, and he has no respect for any player that hasnt done something good. He is also a fan of cowboys,
and is similar to other fans in his opinions and beliefs.

He has criticized jones boys for straddling the fence with dak and lamb,and says they should have signed them because it was the plan.
He also didnt like the one year contracts, and one show he refered to them as one minute contracts, which I thought was funny.
He also gives a lot of info and storys going back to the days of Jimmy and the SB's.

I will find out what he is like during this season upcoming. I do like him better than any of the others, like steven A, skip, shannon S or most of the ex athletes. colin C is ok, but he flips and flops too much.
I will see if I can find a fish show dealing with SF game and amari. I doubt fish had anything to do with his trade, jerry didnt like him, and
he wouldnt take the shot, and missed a game, and jerry got PO and so he got rid of amari.

Amari wasnt a butt kisser, and jerry likes guys who butt kiss really good lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would add MM should have extracted more control before he took the job. Otherwise, he is a fraud as well. Everyone knows Jerry is gonna be Jerry, so MM should have put his needs into writing.
fish said mike has more control, and involvement than he did in GB.
He is involved in the draft here, and in GB had no say in the draft.
He was able to get rid of kellen and be play caller, and he has had some say in hiring of some coaches.

What he lacks is control over adding personnel to the team, aside from the draft. Jimmy controlled that back when he was here
and is how he built such a good team, and they were all his choices.
But many hc's dont have that power.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My best guess is Jerry is less than happy with MM. Thus the 1 year deal.
it isnt a 1 year deal lol, it is just the last year of a 5 year deal.
many of the players are just in the last year of a multi year deal. only new players or ones who contract had expired had to sign one year deals.

Rayman70

Reaction score
it isnt a 1 year deal lol, it is just the last year of a 5 year deal.
many of the players are just in the last year of a multi year deal. only new players or ones who contract had expired had to sign one year deals.
yes true but he could have extended him another year, but chose not to.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I didnt know who fish was back then lol.
I just started watching his shows this off season.
I think jerry uses him, because they led fish to believe they were going to draft brooks, but I think they never intended to.
So far I see fish as a homer, and he has no respect for any player that hasnt done something good. He is also a fan of cowboys,
and is similar to other fans in his opinions and beliefs.

He has criticized jones boys for straddling the fence with dak and lamb,and says they should have signed them because it was the plan.
He also didnt like the one year contracts, and one show he refered to them as one minute contracts, which I thought was funny.
He also gives a lot of info and storys going back to the days of Jimmy and the SB's.

I will find out what he is like during this season upcoming. I do like him better than any of the others, like steven A, skip, shannon S or most of the ex athletes. colin C is ok, but he flips and flops too much.
I will see if I can find a fish show dealing with SF game and amari. I doubt fish had anything to do with his trade, jerry didnt like him, and
he wouldnt take the shot, and missed a game, and jerry got PO and so he got rid of amari.

Amari wasnt a butt kisser, and jerry likes guys who butt kiss really good lol.
the Amari story line you framed is correct. But where I disagree with you is, Fisher was very quick to strongly imply that Amari was taking many plays off in that SF game and was lazy, this and that. Reason? You just said it. They made it all up about him because Jerrah was pissed at him. Fisher, being a nice little soldier, did what was asked/told. I will believe this til the day I go belly up. Fisher STILL makes implications about Amari that are frankly, salacious and slanderous. I guess Fish like that nice home he has in Frisco across from the star, bought and paid for with those Jerry greenbacks. JJ needed a scapegoat for the SF loss, and Amari was it. I would take Amari back in a nano second. Hès just too good still.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I remember Belichick experimenting with 2 DC's attempting to be OC's with a 2nd year QB after having a promising rookie year. That did not work out so well.

I wonder why we think having 2 GM's, with 2 completely different philosophies is going to work.

Maybe, just maybe that is why nothing is getting done?

Is Stephen doing a hostile take over from Jerry?
Isnt it 3 GM's? McClay, Jerry, Stephen. ( the 3 stooges !)
I think jerry has the final say on things, but just does that on certain things.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM will be "out of contract." JJ never talked extension with him. That my friends says ownership isn't thrilled with you. Call it what you will.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the Amari story line you framed is correct. But where I disagree with you is, Fisher was very quick to strongly imply that Amari was taking many plays off in that SF game and was lazy, this and that. Reason? You just said it. They made it all up about him because Jerrah was pissed at him. Fisher, being a nice little soldier, did what was asked/told. I will believe this til the day I go belly up. Fisher STILL makes implications about Amari that are frankly, salacious and slanderous. I guess Fish like that nice home he has in Frisco across from the star, bought and paid for with those Jerry greenbacks. JJ needed a scapegoat for the SF loss, and Amari was it. I would take Amari back in a nano second. Hès just too good still.
Well I remember people here saying amari disappeared in road games, and was taking plays off or not trying as hard as he should.
Fish does in a way have to work with jerry, and maybe he does, and it is possible he too didnt like amari.
Amari was quiet and a odd person, and many here didnt like that.
Also it has come out recently that if jones is going to get rid of a player, or is negotiating a contract, he will arrange for
bad stuff to be released or said about them.

As for his home, he made a comment about that recently , referring to the mortgage, like they were still paying for it.

I liked amari too, but once lamb was drafted , I could see that jerry wanted to replace amari with lamb, and lamb started getting
more targets that amari. Jerry loves lamb, and didnt really like amari at all.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
MM will be "out of contract." JJ never talked extension with him. That my friends says ownership isn't thrilled with you. Call it what you will.
He / they havent extended anyone ! They want to see some more leaves fall this season before extending anyone.
They are right now saying if you want a extension here with cowboys, you better show something better this season, or there
will be no extension,.

Right or wrong, that seems to be their stance.
I am curious if they will try to sign dak in late august, or early sept. If they dont, it could mean they are waiting for how they all do in playoffs.

shabazz

Reaction score
John C Reilly explained the "whole Pan, Pam thing" better on "Stepbrothers" than this lame explanation

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well I remember people here saying amari disappeared in road games, and was taking plays off or not trying as hard as he should.
Fish does in a way have to work with jerry, and maybe he does, and it is possible he too didnt like amari.
Amari was quiet and a odd person, and many here didnt like that.
Also it has come out recently that if jones is going to get rid of a player, or is negotiating a contract, he will arrange for
bad stuff to be released or said about them.

As for his home, he made a comment about that recently , referring to the mortgage, like they were still paying for it.

I liked amari too, but once lamb was drafted , I could see that jerry wanted to replace amari with lamb, and lamb started getting
more targets that amari. Jerry loves lamb, and didnt really like amari at all.
I think its every teams right to do what they wish with a player. That said, it was shady as heck what they did and they did it reading from the same script. It seemed to come from nowhere. I never thought Amari took games off. I do agree that Ceedee was always going to take his place as the number 1 wr. Thats fine. But Amari would have been a great number 2. What a shame we threw him out the window like that. Poor business. We never really replaced him have we? I am willing to bet he torches us badly week 1. Last Amari has been all class. Everything I have ever seen him say about Dallas has been above board. He easily could have threw shade at the team and never did. I want someone to show me where Amari has been a bad teammate on or off the field. YEAH he is quiet, but the guy commands respect on the field from defenses. What a dumb move by Jerry. I like Fish is small samples, but thats about all.

tunahelper

Reaction score
fish said mike has more control, and involvement than he did in GB.
He is involved in the draft here, and in GB had no say in the draft.
He was able to get rid of kellen and be play caller, and he has had some say in hiring of some coaches.

What he lacks is control over adding personnel to the team, aside from the draft. Jimmy controlled that back when he was here
and is how he built such a good team, and they were all his choices.
But many hc's dont have that power.
Don't be surprised is my point. If MM is wondering why Jerry does Jerry he shoukd have known better.

plymkr

Reaction score
oh please... Mike has FAILED miserably in the playoffs. Hes the coach, his teams blew it. That lost to GB was embarrassing and I would have fired him after that game.
I’m still shocked he has a job after the Green Bay loss. For me the most discouraging moment of the offseason was the announcement McCarthy would be back. Inexcusable what happened and he should not have a job.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He does a good job of explaining this and sort of says the person who started this doesnt know anything about cowboys.

Fish: Blow it up and start new in 2025.

That's the only thing that makes any sense of what they've done and haven't done this year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Fish: Blow it up and start new in 2025.

That's the only thing that makes any sense of what they've done and haven't done this year.
Sure it makes sense to a logical person, but GM Jethro wants to continue to hang out and get dunked on at the RIM.

So to him a blow up will most likely be saying bye to DLaw and Martin.