M.Fisher explains the MM fed up with Jerry thing

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I believe that Jerry does not call the plays......recently. However, I believe he does influence the gameplan.

Fisher says something to the effect that McCarthy has more power here than he ever had in Green Bay. However, would that be true if the Cowboys had a legitimate knowledgeable GM?

"You will get destroyed"....says Fisher, if you wish to debate him on the facts.

I feel like a lot of these guys value their access to Jerry Jones and don't wish to see it jeopardized. Therefore, you are going to see them come to Jerry's defense sometimes while participating in the revised narratives.
What makes one a legit GM? Jerry stayed on a national championship team. He's as qualified as any gm in the league. Put mahomes on his rosters and he had 3 more titles. It's as simple as that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m still shocked he has a job after the Green Bay loss. For me the most discouraging moment of the offseason was the announcement McCarthy would be back. Inexcusable what happened and he should not have a job.
If we do the same, Mike will be bye bye. I'm ok with one more shot. Same with dak. If they wait for season to end and we exit again in rd 1, I say bye bye to dak also. As painful as going 6 and 11 will be, it's not all that different than 1st rd. Playoff exits.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What makes one a legit GM? Jerry stayed on a national championship team. He's as qualified as any gm in the league. Put mahomes on his rosters and he had 3 more titles. It's as simple as that.
It is not as simple as that.

If it was he would have 7 SB rings.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mike should’ve been gone if they were going to stick with the same team.

You had Belichick sitting there and that was such an obvious move to make.

The Cowboys performance at home against GB should’ve cost people their jobs and absolutely nothing happened.

That sends the message that all of that was acceptable.

They never make changes and keep getting the same results. It’s a joke.

Getting rid of Dak or McCarthy had to be done and they did neither.

This franchise doesn’t have a lot of hope anytime soon unless a phenom arrives out of nowhere on offense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Mike should’ve been gone if they were going to stick with the same team.

You had Belichick sitting there and that was such an obvious move to make.

The Cowboys performance at home against GB should’ve cost people their jobs and absolutely nothing happened.

That sends the message that all of that was acceptable.

They never make changes and keep getting the same results. It’s a joke.

Getting rid of Dak or McCarthy had to be done and they did neither.

This franchise doesn’t have a lot of hope anytime soon unless a phenom arrives out of nowhere on offense.
I don't believe Belichick will be interested coming to a team with a rookie or a project QB like Trance. Not worth his time.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Jerry cares about staying relevant ( in his own eyes) first, and winning second.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. It’s not as simple as that. If all you need is a great QB like Mahomes to win then I have some key questions:
  • Why didn't Texas Tech win a Big 12 title, a national championship or even a bowl game while Mahomes was at Tech? Pat Mahomes was GREAT at Tech. As a huge Tech fan, I can answer that: Because they didn’t have a defense. Mahomes put up 700 yards passing and 59 pts vs OU in 2016…and lost. You have to have more than a great QB. Especially in the NFL!
  • Did you notice how great the chiefs defense was last year? There is no way they win that SB last year without their great D. The chiefs defense kept them in the game in the first half when Mahomes and the chiefs offense sucked. They came alive in the second half while the defense kept t(em in the game.
  • Remember Tom Brady’s last SB win with Tampa Bay? It was greatly aided by a great defense. In the NFC championship game at GB that year, Brady threw 3 pics in that game and without the Bucs great defense making a late stand, they don’t even make that SB.
If all you need is a great QB why has Aaron Rodgers only won 1 SB? The great Dan Marino never won one. The great John Elway won 2 at the end of his career because he finally had a great roster.

YES…you need to have at least a good QB to win in this league. But It takes a great team to win a championship. A great QB alone is not enough.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
This story was bogus from the start, a month ago when I first saw it. Not a shred of proof of this exists, and anyone who doesn't think McCarthy is living the dream for a bonus year that he knows he stole is mistaken.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I believe that Jerry does not call the plays......recently. However, I believe he does influence the gameplan.

Fisher says something to the effect that McCarthy has more power here than he ever had in Green Bay. However, would that be true if the Cowboys had a legitimate knowledgeable GM?

"You will get destroyed"....says Fisher, if you wish to debate him on the facts.

I feel like a lot of these guys value their access to Jerry Jones and don't wish to see it jeopardized. Therefore, you are going to see them come to Jerry's defense sometimes while participating in the revised narratives.
ok I dont think any owner or GM would actually call plays from their suite lol.
I do remember jerry coming down to the sideline to tell JG that Romo was ok to play after he got hurt or concussed in a game.
That was jerry telling JG to put romo back in the game.

Game plan influence, sure in a general way, doubt anything specific. and this would be done before a game.

"You will get destroyed"....says Fisher, if you wish to debate him on the facts....... lol I saw that one, and fish can be arrogant, and quick tempered
if someone keeps saying same dumb thing over and over, or just dumb, and maybe something fish has covered many times.
He kicked one guy out of the chat and was obviously mad, and the guy was a prime paying member.
He let him back in a few days later.
But the whole jerry calls the plays thing really gets him irritated. So for those that dont like fish, join the chat, and just keep bringing that up lol.

Fish doesnt coddle jerry, but he cant just say anything he wants, as he needs to be on their good side to have access to do his job.
after 35 years, I would think he wants to just retire from that job, would be stupid to lose it at this point.

plasticman

Reaction score
Where do I start?

Being a college football player doesn't even begin to qualify as a credential to be an NFL GM.

The only difference between Jerry Jones and other GM's in the league is credentials, experience, commitment, and talent.

If you were to read any team profile of their GM you will get a story of 20 to 30 years experience starting as a junior scout and then regional scout all the way up to assistant and chief director of operations. At each level they were promoted through their achievements and the success of the teams thy helped to build.

These GM's treat their jobs as a 24/7 responsibility. The only thing they have on their minds are ways in which they can increase their team's success. Jerry Jones treats this job as a part time affair, just one of his many roles. he does the team, the fans, and other GM's a huge disservice by claiming to be a qualified GM.

Jerry Jones has cheated us. He has replaced winning as the prime goal of this team to marketing and financial success.

I don't want to hear how much money he has milked us all for. It is not an attribute that i admire when I watch my team on the field. Profit does not appear on the scoreboard. I am a fan of the team, the players and the game. I am not a fan of Jerry's deceptive, dishonest, and conceited agenda of self-promotion.

When you read Jerry's profile you won't see any list of credentials prior to naming himself as the GM and let me make this clear. There is not a single team in this league that would have ever considered hiring Jerry Jones for any football related executive position.

In addition, if Jerry wasn't the owner then there are at least three occasion in which he would have been fired. Jerry has propped himself up as a football expert by standing on the heads of those with the real talent.

Jerry was so committed in delivering the same success from past teams that he scoured the entire country looking for the most qualified candidates for the GM job. He searched high and low. imagine his surprise when he discovered the most qualified person for the job......was him.

The only great decision that Jerry has made as an owner was hiring Jimmy Johnson, something four other teams were attempting to do. Jerry sealed the deal by agreeing tro two principles that Jimmy insisted upon.

1. Jimmy was going to make every football related decision.

2. Jerry would provide the money to meet any and all of his needs.

Despite the historical revisions, Jimmy ran everything when it came to the team. In fact, jerry never even publicly announced the fact that he had given himself the GM title.

When this finally became known, he was pressed by the media who insisted on knowing who was really7 the GM. I will never forget Jerry's answer. he said the Cowboys had two GM's. It wasn't long after that when Jimmy got tired of Jerry's antics.

I have about another 25 pages of criticism on Jerry, but i will spare everyone's eyes as well as my typing fingers for now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I disagree. It’s not as simple as that. If all you need is a great QB like Mahomes to win then I have some key questions:
  • Why didn't Texas Tech win a Big 12 title, a national championship or even a bowl game while Mahomes was at Tech? Pat Mahomes was GREAT at Tech. As a huge Tech fan, I can answer that: Because they didn’t have a defense. Mahomes put up 700 yards passing and 59 pts vs OU in 2016…and lost. You have to have more than a great QB. Especially in the NFL!
  • Did you notice how great the chiefs defense was last year? There is no way they win that SB last year without their great D. The chiefs defense kept them in the game in the first half when Mahomes and the chiefs offense sucked. They came alive in the second half while the defense kept t(em in the game.
  • Remember Tom Brady’s last SB win with Tampa Bay? It was greatly aided by a great defense. In the NFC championship game at GB that year, Brady threw 3 pics in that game and without the Bucs great defense making a late stand, they don’t even make that SB.
If all you need is a great QB why has Aaron Rodgers only won 1 SB? The great Dan Marino never won one. The great John Elway won 2 at the end of his career because he finally had a great roster.

YES…you need to have at least a good QB to win in this league. But It takes a great team to win a championship. A great QB alone is not enough.
also great coaching

plasticman

Reaction score
ok I dont think any owner or GM would actually call plays from their suite lol.
When Wade Phillips was given the title of Head Coach, he was not given a defensive coordinator. He was expected to coach the defense. The disrespect didn't stop there.

in addition, the offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett did not have any contact or communication with Phillips except during practice and games. Jason Garrett was instructed to report directly to Jerry Jones.

Now.....when you have the guy in charge of the defense and the guy in charge of the offense both reporting to the same guy.......what is that guy's title?

Any time the media asked Wade about the offense his answer was "I don't know."

The Cowboys imploded in 2010 and it started with game #1. Rookie Dez Bryant was injured all preseason long. He didn't get in a single practice, didn't have a single preseason play. And, yet, there he was in the first quarter playing in the first drive. He knew only one play at the time, a sideline pass which they called twice in a row, resulting in nothing but the end of that first drive of the season.

Jerry wanted to show everyone they made a mistake by passing on Dez. he wanted to show the league how smart he was and it cost them a game and the entire season, eventually.

LOL, after getting wiped out by the Packers in game #8 of that season, he fired Wade and promised to get to the bottom of what went wrong.

Everyone knew what was wrong. it is the same thing that is wrong today, the same thing that ran off both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells

DandyDon52

Reaction score
erry was so committed in delivering the same success from past teams that he scoured the entire country looking for the most qualified candidates for the GM job. He searched high and low. imagine his surprise when he discovered the most qualified person for the job......was him.
that was funny lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Now.....when you have the guy in charge of the defense and the guy in charge of the offense both reporting to the same guy.......what is that guy's title?
head coach lol
I have often said jerry is the real HC, but he isnt calling plays.
I imagine he did say I want dez playing game one. He will do that sort of thing.

plymkr

Reaction score
And I would add this phenom is going to have to be ultra competitive person to be a true leader to fight the toxic culture we have. Aikman was a phenom but he also couldn’t handle losing and didn’t tolerate BS. We need that back. I would argue that our teams have been talented but we don’t have the mentality that Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and Woodson brought to the team. Those guys hated losing. These guys seem to be cool with it as long as their side hustles and socials are doing well.

It was a pretty strong indictment of the team’s mentality when Lawrence did that interview and plugged his protein shake thing and then said the team was “burned out”. That pretty much told me everything and then keeping McCarthy after that playoff game was accepting mediocrity as the standard.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Where do I start?

Being a college football player doesn't even begin to qualify as a credential to be an NFL GM.

The only difference between Jerry Jones and other GM's in the league is credentials, experience, commitment, and talent.

If you were to read any team profile of their GM you will get a story of 20 to 30 years experience starting as a junior scout and then regional scout all the way up to assistant and chief director of operations. At each level they were promoted through their achievements and the success of the teams thy helped to build.

These GM's treat their jobs as a 24/7 responsibility. The only thing they have on their minds are ways in which they can increase their team's success. Jerry Jones treats this job as a part time affair, just one of his many roles. he does the team, the fans, and other GM's a huge disservice by claiming to be a qualified GM.

Jerry Jones has cheated us. He has replaced winning as the prime goal of this team to marketing and financial success.

I don't want to hear how much money he has milked us all for. It is not an attribute that i admire when I watch my team on the field. Profit does not appear on the scoreboard. I am a fan of the team, the players and the game. I am not a fan of Jerry's deceptive, dishonest, and conceited agenda of self-promotion.

When you read Jerry's profile you won't see any list of credentials prior to naming himself as the GM and let me make this clear. There is not a single team in this league that would have ever considered hiring Jerry Jones for any football related executive position.

In addition, if Jerry wasn't the owner then there are at least three occasion in which he would have been fired. Jerry has propped himself up as a football expert by standing on the heads of those with the real talent.

Jerry was so committed in delivering the same success from past teams that he scoured the entire country looking for the most qualified candidates for the GM job. He searched high and low. imagine his surprise when he discovered the most qualified person for the job......was him.

The only great decision that Jerry has made as an owner was hiring Jimmy Johnson, something four other teams were attempting to do. Jerry sealed the deal by agreeing tro two principles that Jimmy insisted upon.

1. Jimmy was going to make every football related decision.

2. Jerry would provide the money to meet any and all of his needs.

Despite the historical revisions, Jimmy ran everything when it came to the team. In fact, jerry never even publicly announced the fact that he had given himself the GM title.

When this finally became known, he was pressed by the media who insisted on knowing who was really7 the GM. I will never forget Jerry's answer. he said the Cowboys had two GM's. It wasn't long after that when Jimmy got tired of Jerry's antics.

I have about another 25 pages of criticism on Jerry, but i will spare everyone's eyes as well as my typing fingers for now.
Put John lynch in there and see how many of your boxes he checks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

im not going down this road AGAIN. Ill just say a couple of words. Peyton manning, Tom Brady, Mahomes, you think their rosters were head and shoulders above the rest of the league? Not a chance. Broncos sucked, fot Manning and wala, won a SB. I guess the GM all of the sudden learned. Bucs hadnt MADE THE PLAYOFFS in a decade, got Brady... wala, won a SB.

Chiefs hadnt sniffed a SB, got Mahomes, Wala, GM all of the sudden was Genius and they have 3.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
im not going down this road AGAIN. Ill just say a couple of words. Peyton manning, Tom Brady, Mahomes, you think their rosters were head and shoulders above the rest of the league? Not a chance. Broncos sucked, fot Manning and wala, won a SB. I guess the GM all of the sudden learned. Bucs hadnt MADE THE PLAYOFFS in a decade, got Brady... wala, won a SB.

Chiefs hadnt sniffed a SB, got Mahomes, Wala, GM all of the sudden was Genius and they have 3.
Hey it’s ok if we disagree. But- Three points based on your argument:
  • You mentioned Peyton Manning. His SB with the broncos was greatly aided by the NFL’s #1 defense in 2015. They led the league in sacks and only gave up 14 pts per game in the playoffs. Peyton doesn’t win that SB without that great broncos D.
  • The chiefs in 2023 had a top 3 defense. As I stated earlier, without that D the chiefs don’t win the SB.
  • Are you saying all it takes to be a great GM is to be lucky? Lucky to get a great QB? By the way the chiefs made trades to move up in the draft to acquire Mahomes.