Maake Kemoeatu signs with the Panthers

Silverstar

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Phone operator - "Suicide Hotline... may I help you?"

Nors - "Yes sir, this is Nors... I'm gonna do it."

Phone operator - "Your name is... Nors?"

Nors - "Yeah, its short for NorEaster... it's a big snowstorm that blows in from Canada. I'm from New England and we get... look it isn't important! I'm gonna do it!"

Phone operator - "Your parents named you after a storm from Canada?"

Nors - "No! I call myself that. Forget about my name, okay? I'm going to jump."

Phone operator - "Okay, I'll drop it... just strange is all. Why are you going to jump?"

Nors - "Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells let the PERFECT nose tackle get signed in free agency by the Carolina Panthers and now if Ferguson gets hurt, Pepper Johnson will have to fill in."

Phone operator - "His parents named him Pepper?"

Nors - "No, Parcells used to have a player named Thomas Johnson back when he coached... Look! It doesn't matter what his name is! I need help because I think the only solution to my sorrow is to jump!"

Phone operator - "Why is that the only solution?"

Nors - "Well... Maake Kemouate would've been the perfect backup NT for Dallas and..."

Phone operator - "Did his parents name him Maake or did he call himself that? Is that a storm too?"

Nors - "Look... The names aren't important, okay!? What is important is that Dallas is a 3-4 team and that we now don't have depth at the most important position for any 3-4 team!"

Phone operator - "What's a 3-4 team?"

Nors - "The 3-4 is the best defense in the world! You have 3 defensive linemen and 4 linebackers. It adds a ton of versatility to what the defense can do and is almost unstoppable if run right. The New England Patriots run it you know."

Phone operator - "Okay... I'll forget the names. So, the panthers now have a perfect backup for their 3-4, and you don't want that?"

Nors - "No, they don't run a 3-4... they use a 4-3. Most teams run a 4-3 defense."

Phone operator - "If the 3-4 is so great, why do most teams use a 4-3?"

Nors - "I'm not sure... the 4-3 isn't even close to... Look man! I'm going to jump to my death if you can't help me! Do you want to help?"

Phone operator - "I just don't understand why almost everyone would use the 4-3 if this 3-4 is supposed to be sooooooo great."

Nors - *click*

Woman in background - "Who was that Hos?"

Hos - "Oh, nobody."

Post of the day!

:laugh2:

visionary

Reaction score
Gaede said:
Don't worry Nors! Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy are both on the market!!

And we might still draft Vernon Davis and Leonard Pope!

Keep your hopes up pal!

that was a very mean thing to say. you are propping him up just to see him knocked down later.

:p:

visionary

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:

Nors - "Yeah, its short for NorEaster... it's a big snowstorm that blows in from Canada. I'm from New England and we get... look it isn't important! I'm gonna do it!"

Phone operator - "Okay, I'll drop it... just strange is all. Why are you going to jump?"

Nors - "Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells let the PERFECT nose tackle get signed in free agency by the Carolina Panthers and now if Ferguson gets hurt, Pepper Johnson will have to fill in."

Nors - "No, Parcells used to have a player named Thomas Johnson back when he coached... Look! It doesn't matter what his name is! I need help because I think the only solution to my sorrow is to jump!"

Nors - "Well... Maake Kemouate would've been the perfect backup NT for Dallas and..."

Phone operator - "Did his parents name him Maake or did he call himself that? Is that a storm too?"

Nors - "Look... The names aren't important, okay!? What is important is that Dallas is a 3-4 team and that we now don't have depth at the most important position for any 3-4 team!"

Nors - "The 3-4 is the best defense in the world! You have 3 defensive linemen and 4 linebackers. It adds a ton of versatility to what the defense can do and is almost unstoppable if run right. The New England Patriots run it you know."

Phone operator - "Okay... I'll forget the names. So, the panthers now have a perfect backup for their 3-4, and you don't want that?"

Nors - "No, they don't run a 3-4... they use a 4-3. Most teams run a 4-3 defense."

Nors - "I'm not sure... the 4-3 isn't even close to... Look man! I'm going to jump to my death if you can't help me! Do you want to help?"

Phone operator - "I just don't understand why almost everyone would use the 4-3 if this 3-4 is supposed to be sooooooo great."

Nors - *click*

Hos - "Oh, nobody."

:bow:

that is one of the funniest posts i have ever read.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Big hat, no cattle

We are doing an outstanding job in FA today. Just signed two backup Oline guys.

Bring it

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We may make jokes, but when Ferguson starts to get pushed back like he did last year, and we wonder why we can't stop the inside running attack after all the LBrs we signed, then we will remember the Kemoeatu signing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:

Nors - *click*

Hos - "Oh, nobody."
**, if you could have worked in something about a Draw vs. a Delay that would have been pure genius. Not that it isn't already.

Post of the day.

:clap:

ghst187

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
We may make jokes, but when Ferguson starts to get pushed back like he did last year, and we wonder why we can't stop the inside running attack after all the LBrs we signed, then we will remember the Kemoeatu signing.

yep, but his money was too stinking much IMO. Wasn't it like 4.5 mil per year plus SB? That's pretty crazy for a DT, esp when we just bought one for about that. Kemo was probably a better fit than Fergi, but we got what we got now. Not enough money to sign everyone we want and DL wasn't our biggest problem last year. There's still the draft to come also. Sounds like Watson is on our board too.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Nors said:
Big hat, no cattle

We are doing an outstanding job in FA today. Just signed two backup Oline guys.

Bring it

What can we say....BP is no Belichek, now is he?

Ty Law still out there, doesn't he have a home in the Netherlands? :laugh2:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile said:
**, if you could have worked in something about a Draw vs. a Delay that would have been pure genius. Not that it isn't already.

Post of the day.

:clap:

I'm not familiar with the Draw vs. Delay debate. How'd I miss that one?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
yep, but his money was too stinking much IMO. Wasn't it like 4.5 mil per year plus SB? That's pretty crazy for a DT, esp when we just bought one for about that. Kemo was probably a better fit than Fergi, but we got what we got now. Not enough money to sign everyone we want and DL wasn't our biggest problem last year. There's still the draft to come also. Sounds like Watson is on our board too.
You're right, I do believe Watson becomes a player on draft day.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
You're right, I do believe Watson becomes a player on draft day.

Not in round 1, I hope. In the second, I'd be thrilled to get him... but not in the first.

ghst187

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Not in round 1, I hope. In the second, I'd be thrilled to get him... but not in the first.

definitely agreed. Might be wishful thinking to hope he's still there at our pick in the second so it may take some manuevering in the second to get him. No way he's first round though.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Kemoe could have been had for a cap charge of less than #4M in 2006......

Only a $6m dollar signing bonus. There now spread out to 5 years so his pro-rated bonus is only $1.2M

His Base Salary is $1M this year, and has another 2m most likley in Roster Bonus's or another bonus gaurenteed. They are most likely for this year/and next year.

SOOO, with that low of a Signing Bonus this deal could be heavily backloaded, and in the worst case scenerio he could be released after 2 years without the Panthers taking a big NET hit.

The Panthers SCORED BIG with this signing. If we can get any good NT/3-4 de with these numbers IM IN.

Quote:
Panthers | Contract update: M. Kemoeatu
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:20:00 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Carolina Panthers DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu's new five-year contract is worth $27.5 million. It includes a $6 million signing bonus and $2 million in a second-tier bonus. His base salary for 2006 is $1 million.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's gone now...move on...

EB001121_pamprin-tablet-refills.gif

Take two and don't call me in the morning. :D;)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
good for them. That's an expensive backup to Ferguson if you ask me.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That is far from a cheap contract. No way the Cowboys would have been interested with Ferguson as our starter.