noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn will be a,HC my money is LA
Jerry will give it to a position coach

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
With Dak at the helm and no run game we need a defense that can win us close games against top opponents, that prioritize physicality and run stuffing, ala SanFran, Baltimore.

DQ mad scientist schemes will not do it. They will play well against the Giants of the world, generate a bunch of turnovers and pat the stats, but when we face the top offenses and Qbs they will fold. You can say Dan Quinn is the Dak Prescott of defensive coordinators, only thing missing is the annoying tv commercials.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
We are one week into the offseason and already it’s been a disaster.

Bringing back Quinn is just another dagger

Bigdog

Reaction score
As I have said in another post that I read an article of the Whitt, Jr is not the answer than they should go after the Ravens Assistant HC/DL coach who has done wonders with their defense out of bunch of nobodies

Bowdown27

Reaction score
The only one who has head coaching experience and outside of this team that can possibly make a big impact, it would be Mike vrabel

visionary

Reaction score
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.
No one good is coming to work for a lame duck HC who is likely to be fired end of year therefore i fully expect Quinn back or an internal promotion

slick325

Reaction score
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.
Link or I don't believe the post, Risen. Your veracity is being questioned, sir.

Edit: Kidding

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yep. Linebackers weren’t too small either. Just another excuse we gonna come up with. Yeah it was a issue this year but not last year.
But the middle of the defense was. This year they don't have money but there's some huge names that can play DT in free agency. That hasn't changed since the Rams game in 2018 when some dude off the couch ran all over them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But the middle of the defense was. This year they don't have money but there's some huge names that can play DT in free agency. That hasn't changed since the Rams game in 2018 when some dude off the couch ran all over them.
I mean it’s always going to be something. The defense is never gonna be perfect.

Creeper

Reaction score
You'll get Zimmer and you'll deal with it.
I think Zimmer is washed up, but when Zimmer was here and the Cowboys had some really bad teams, his defenses were not horrible. He did way more with less talent that Quinn is doing with the talent he was given.

Rayman70

Reaction score
running it back with the same bunch again and again, while Jerry keeps repeating the same tired bull**** to the fans, HOPING we are in fact, THAT DUMB, to buy in again. Wake up folks.