Machota on the new DC if Quinn leaves

glimmerman

Reaction score
In case Quinn leaves.

LOL.

We gonna run this entire thing back as is, aren’t we?
Yep. You know it. Reports are already saying MM is coming back. 3 years of 12 wins makes it easy for JJ to blame others. Is it Daks regular season skills. It’s not MM clock management skills. And playcalling has been sketch. Maybe let Dak call his own plays. He did well in a preseason game calling them. Quinn will be back. I doubt after that implosion on Defense anyone will offer him a HV call. Best we can do is shore up the trenches..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Parsons doesn't have a "lack of ability" vs. the run. What film have you been watching??? Quinn has stubbornly wanted to play him at edge, where he can be more easily accounted for by opposing teams...either by running away from him or coming right at him with power. His best season remains his rookie year, where he played mostly at linebacker.

He should've been put back in the middle of that defense once LVE went down. Even BEFORE that. Moreover, Evans should've been deployed with him to help solve the problems with their run defense. Didn't happen...and then Buffalo happened, where you saw what an unmitigated disaster both Clark and Bell were. The all-22 showed two guys in WAY over their heads...getting blown off the ball at the second level, since they were "waiting" for the plays to come to them, which is what no REAL linebacker does. That was the final warning about what was to come and Quinn mostly ignored it.
What film have I watched? Have you not seen Parsons not play the edge well? Why do you think teams are attacking his side of the field on the edge? Because it’s how they neutralize him. He’s an edge rusher. Has been all season. He’s our best pass rusher what since does it make to put him at linebacker? On this team?

rambo2

Reaction score
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.
Ron Rivera

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.
All I got from this was that Jerry will force MM to hire Mike Zimmer if Quinn leaves.

Praxit

Reaction score
Honestly dont see how he gets a HC job after Sunday
.....my worries too, crap. I just cant see another Dan Quinn defense in 24'.

It was mind blowing at times, then at others, '*** is this guy doing?".. The latter seemed to play more in part.

MarkP88

Reaction score
I truly believe it's Seattle or he is coming back. Just like MM, think Jerry allows him to finish his contract and have 1 more season.
In that case, he's coming back. I don't see how in the world Seattle could sell him to their fans after his defense getting shredded in the team's biggest game of the year.

Bagman

Reaction score
In case Quinn leaves.

LOL.

We gonna run this entire thing back as is, aren’t we?
Exactly !! Why the **** are we worried about "if" Quinn leaves ? He should be locked out of the facility for failure to improve the defense. Every good to decent offense beat his butt down. Embarrassing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

-

-

Cowboys should target the Ravens D-Coordinator. That 36 year old. He's been coaching since his 20s, and he has created some very good Defenses. Only problem is he runs a 3 - 4 defense. Cowboys don't have the size inside to run a good 3 - 4.

If Belichick was willing to come be Asst. Head Coach / D-Coordinator, that would be golden. If not, look around for a good 4 - 3 D experienced but successful D-Coordinator, even if from the college ranks.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
In that case, he's coming back. I don't see how in the world Seattle could sell him to their fans after his defense getting shredded in the team's biggest game of the year.
He has strong ties with Carroll and their GM, but I do agree, very hard sell.