Machota on the new DC if Quinn leaves

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
running it back with the same bunch again and again, while Jerry keeps repeating the same tired bull**** to the fans, HOPING we are in fact, THAT DUMB, to buy in again. Wake up folks.
If we continue to watch snd support then we are that dumb.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So the board is blaming Quinn for the poor play of our front 7? When do the players take accountability?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I remember last offseason being excited and thrilled, even lucky that DQ stayed to DC in Dallas.
Not this year. I really don't care what they change. To be honest, we need half a dozen better players on the roster. I was over DQ the last month of the season when his hybrid BS go steamrolled by solid running teams.

JustChip

Reaction score
Jerry want to keep the existing staff in their entirety; getting dominated for the first 54 minutes of a 60 minute Wildcard game where Dallas was heavily favored and their franchise QB was lucky to have thrown just 2 picks is “close” in Jerry’s mind.
I guarantee Jerry is thinking were it not for the injuries, Dallas would’ve been in the Super Bowl. The problems with that thinking are: 1) every team has injuries, 2) good coaching overcomes injuries (Philly loses their MVP candidate QB and still wins the SB), and 3) adequate backup and roster help mitigate injuries.

Coaching failed Sunday, but more importantly, the FO failed. They constructed a best-case defensive roster predicated on remaining healthy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So the board is blaming Quinn for the poor play of our front 7? When do the players take accountability?
I think he kind of had a hand in picking the players the last couple of years. And it seems the lighter method didn't pan out.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Bring in Wink Martindale , someone that knows how to bring the heat

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Quinn deserves some blame for being completely unable to counter motion and the run. That said, his defense was severely undermanned at LB. Problem is, we don't know if that's how Quinn likes it.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Naw it won’t be that bad. Truthfully Quinn probably deserves another chance. He sucked once. Mike deserves to be fired more than him.
Negative. He didn't suck once. The same thing that bedeviled the Cowboys vs. the Cardinals NEVER GOT FIXED. He had Parsons and Evans to deploy into the middle once LVE went down...and he refused. He was content to keep experimenting with safeties. Clark and Bell are below average linebackers (and so is LVE)...especially against 12 and 22 personnel. They got their azzes kicked against Buffalo...and again vs. Green Bay. The big nickel works when you can play downhill with a lead, but in close games vs. teams determined to run...it doesn't. Quinn had cornerbacks playing 10 yards off TIGHT ENDS vs. Green Bay. He put those guys in a position to fail. The Cowboys are not really a zone team. And they rely too heavily on cover 1/3.

McCarthy has a team that led the league in ppg. He helped his QB have the best season of his career. Lamb was second only to Tyreek HIll in how he was targeted and how much he contributed. 36 wins...3 years...2 division titles...3 consecutive playoff appearances. 15-1 home record. Not saying this all great but it obviously factored in Jerry's thinking.

kramskoi

Reaction score
In 12 of the 18 games the team played in 2023, the defense gave up points on the first possession. Getting Turnovers masked a ton of this D’s weaknesses. If they were not getting them, they were an average defense.
And seven fewer defensive turnovers than 2022 didn't help.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Negative. He didn't suck once. The same thing that bedeviled the Cowboys vs. the Cardinals NEVER GOT FIXED. He had Parsons and Evans to deploy into the middle once LVE went down...and he refused. He was content to keep experimenting with safeties. Clark and Bell are below average linebackers (and so is LVE)...especially against 12 and 22 personnel. They got their azzes kicked against Buffalo...and again vs. Green Bay. The big nickel works when you can play downhill with a lead, but in close games vs. teams determined to run...it doesn't. Quinn had cornerbacks playing 10 yards off TIGHT ENDS vs. Green Bay. He put those guys in a position to fail. The Cowboys are not really a zone team. And they rely too heavily on cover 1/3.

McCarthy has a team that led the league in ppg. He helped his QB have the best season of his career. Lamb was second only to Tyreek HIll in how he was targeted and how much he contributed. 36 wins...3 years...2 division titles...3 consecutive playoff appearances. 15-1 home record. Not saying this all great but it obviously factored in Jerry's thinking.
Parsons lack of ability against the run is not on Quinn. And when I say Quinn sucked once I mean in the playoff. His unit typically shows up.

This team wins in spite of Mike more than they win because of him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why would you ever want to come here as an assistant if there is no opportunity to advance unless you leave the club?

Whit and Harris should be next up as DC. You might have one of the next hot young DC and you’re so hell bent on not promoting them.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Parsons lack of ability against the run is not on Quinn. And when I say Quinn sucked once I mean in the playoff. His unit typically shows up.

This team wins in spite of Mike more than they win because of him.
Parsons doesn't have a "lack of ability" vs. the run. What film have you been watching??? Quinn has stubbornly wanted to play him at edge, where he can be more easily accounted for by opposing teams...either by running away from him or coming right at him with power. His best season remains his rookie year, where he played mostly at linebacker.

He should've been put back in the middle of that defense once LVE went down. Even BEFORE that. Moreover, Evans should've been deployed with him to help solve the problems with their run defense. Didn't happen...and then Buffalo happened, where you saw what an unmitigated disaster both Clark and Bell were. The all-22 showed two guys in WAY over their heads...getting blown off the ball at the second level, since they were "waiting" for the plays to come to them, which is what no REAL linebacker does. That was the final warning about what was to come and Quinn mostly ignored it.