Twitter: Machota: Romo changed play on 3rd and goal play; Dez didn't know

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why do you keep changing the argument? I already said Romo, given a choice, would want to pass than run . Read my posts before responding to it.

But to say, he will not run a balance offense at any circumstances, is completely wrong. As I pointed out Romo did run it under Parcells and Phillips. Under JG, Romo has gotten away from it.

If JG wanted to run more, he would. He's the HC and it's his offense. He has every authority to tell Romo, no more audibles.

I have not changed anything. The truth is that Tony has never shown that he would rather or would even consider running a balanced offense. When you are a Free Agent QB trying to stick, you run what your told. When you have a guaranteed contract and you are the starter, not so much.

Yeah, JG should be able to tell him that, you would think. However, JG doesn't even have the authority to call plays on his own team anymore so no, that doesn't sound like any sort of guarantee to me.

Sorry, I don't see the proof.

Better just to agree to disagree for you. I'm not buying what you're selling. You were doing better with Rat Butt Poetry.

I don't believe it.

Zman5

Reaction score
I have not changed anything. The truth is that Tony has never shown that he would rather or would even consider running a balanced offense. When you are a Free Agent QB trying to stick, you run what your told. When you have a guaranteed contract and you are the starter, not so much.

What do you call what he did in 2006 and 2007 then?

Yeah, JG should be able to tell him that, you would think. However, JG doesn't even have the authority to call plays on his own team anymore so no, that doesn't sound like any sort of guarantee to me.

Then JG needs to be replaced. Simple as that.

Sorry, I don't see the proof.

Better just to agree to disagree for you. I'm not buying what you're selling. You were doing better with Rat Butt Poetry.

I don't believe it.

You must have a Ratt Butt fetish for you to keep posting that. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
10 pages in and only one person defending Romo.. haha. I think it is cut and dry who messed up.. and messed up badly on this play. We pay elite money to Romo not to mess up in situations like this.

The rest of us Romo supporters are just tired of the same ole haters spewing their hate after every bad play Romo makes. We know we're not going to change your minds so to continue to try would be insanity.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What do you call what he did in 2006 and 2007 then?

No choice, which is not the case now.

Then JG needs to be replaced. Simple as that.

Many on this board would agree with you and if he doesn't win this year, I would be in favor of that as well but that doesn't mean it will happen. Jerry does what Jerry wants to do.

You must have a Ratt Butt fetish for you to keep posting that. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I have to say that I liked your other stuff better. This does not much for me but in defense of me, I am pretty newly exposed to this thing you call Rat Butt Poetry. In truth, never heard it before last night so be patient. Might take me some time to gain appreciation for it.

Thanks in advance.

Zman5

Reaction score
No choice, which is not the case now.

Ha ha. Funny you agree now saying ,if Romo didn't have a choice to pass all he wants, he will and did run a balance attack. Finally you are starting to comprehend the difference between if he wants to run it or will run it.

It's up to the coaches and the current HC doesn't want to run.

I have to say that I liked your other stuff better. This does not much for me but in defense of me, I am pretty newly exposed to this thing you call Rat Butt Poetry. In truth, never heard it before last night so be patient. Might take me some time to gain appreciation for it.

Thanks in advance.

You definitely have a Rat Butt fetish. I suggest you seek out professional help.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ha ha. Funny you agree now saying ,if Romo didn't have a choice to pass all he wants, he will and did run a balance attack. Finally you are starting to comprehend the difference between if he wants to run it or will run it.

Not what I said at all. Good try thou. I said a rookie FA trying to earn a spot does what he is told. A guy with 100 Mil plus is doing what he wants. It's different. At this point, he will not run it because nobody but Jerry has the power to make that happen and Jerry will not do that.

It's up to the coaches and the current HC doesn't want to run.

Perhaps, perhaps not but the HC has already said that the play calling was poor against KC last week. Let's see what changes.

You definitely have a Rat Butt fetish. I suggest you seek out professional help.

What choice do I have. You continue to talk so by default, I am forced to hear it. It's cool, there are worse out there. If the worst you do is this, then it's not that big of a deal.

As to your suggestions, well, I've read your posts. Suffice to say that I would sooner head the advice of a suicide boomer with 50 pounds of explosives strapped to his chest if he were to tell me, "Pull my finger!"

You got no proof to support your claims.

Agree to disagree.

Zman5

Reaction score
Not what I said at all. Good try thou. I said a rookie FA trying to earn a spot does what he is told. A guy with 100 Mil plus is doing what he wants. It's different. At this point, he will not run it because nobody but Jerry has the power to make that happen and Jerry will not do that.

Perhaps, perhaps not but the HC has already said that the play calling was poor against KC last week. Let's see what changes.

What choice do I have. You continue to talk so by default, I am forced to hear it. It's cool, there are worse out there. If the worst you do is this, then it's not that big of a deal.

As to your suggestions, well, I've read your posts. Suffice to say that I would sooner head the advice of a suicide boomer with 50 pounds of explosives strapped to his chest if he were to tell me, "Pull my finger!"

You got no proof to support your claims.

Agree to disagree.

So you admit Romo did run a balance attack in 2006 and 2007 yet I don't have a proof he will ever run it. OK. Whatever. Maybe your fetish has gotten to you. Go seek help. You definately need it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So you admit Romo did run a balance attack in 2006 and 2007 yet I don't have a proof he will ever run it. OK. Whatever. Maybe your fetish has gotten to you. Go seek help. You definately need it.

No, he ran a more balanced attack then he does today. He ran nothing like what Emmitt played in, which was your point.

Zman5

Reaction score
No, he ran a more balanced attack then he does today. He ran nothing like what Emmitt played in, which was your point.

This argument started when I responded to your post claiming that ES would be traded because Romo will not hand the ball off to him 25-30 times.

My point was that if Romo could hand the ball off to an average RBs like Barber and Jones for 46% of the offensive plays, he certainly would hand off more to a first ballot HOF and NFL all time rushing yard leader.

Read my post before making wrong assumptions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This argument started when I responded to your post claiming that ES would be traded because Romo will not hand the ball off to him 25-30 times.

My point was that if Romo could hand the ball off to an average RBs like Barber and Jones for 46% of the offensive plays, he certainly would hand off more to a first ballot HOF and NFL all time rushing yard leader.

Read my post before making wrong assumptions.

That's right, and that's where it's going to end as well. I've seen no proof to the contrary.

Your point, was unfounded and without proof. It will remain so, I suspect.

You are not so good with the whole Agree to Disagree thing are you?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The rest of us Romo supporters are just tired of the same ole haters spewing their hate after every bad play Romo makes. We know we're not going to change your minds so to continue to try would be insanity.

Im tired of that too. I've seen it everywhere and for too long. In this case I feel he really screwed up. I bet he knows it.

Zman5

Reaction score
That's right, and that's where it's going to end as well. I've seen no proof to the contrary.

Your point, was unfounded and without proof. It will remain so, I suspect.

You are not so good with the whole Agree to Disagree thing are you?

I was just responding to your erroneous post concerning what point I was making. Based on your replies, it's obvious you didn't even read my posts clearly before replying to it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was just responding to your erroneous post concerning what point I was making. Based on your replies, it's obvious you didn't even read my posts clearly before replying to it.

Read them, understood them. Pretty much heard everything you have to say. Don't agree.

Agree to disagree or don't.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm not talking about after the audible was called. I'm talking about before romo called the screen audible the coverage and offensive set was much different. Dez wasn't on an island with Flowers. The island was created from the defense shifting after the audible was called. At this point the play has already been changed so unless you know that Romo then has the option to keep everyone in the new screen play formation and only change the route Dez (who would now be a blocker and not going out for a pass) is to run then you can't say he blew it.

Listen what it comes down to is this....People are blaming Romo for changing the play because they see Dez one on one with a DB. What is being ignored is that Dez was only one on one because the audible was called and the defense shifted. So unless you know that after the audible was called that Romo had the option to abandon the audible call that everyone shifted for and then keep the formation yet change the target and assignments of Dez, you can't say romo blew it.

He didn't audible out of a play to Dez while Dez had single coverage on the outside.

Simply put, you're wrong. Go back and watch, as I have multiple times now. Dez is single covered the entire time, including before the snap. The safety to his side of the field is between 8-10 yards away BEFORE the audible. There is no way that safety gets over there to make a play on the ball.

If Romo just looks Dez's way before the snap, there is no need for the audible in the first place. Then, if for some unforeseen reason, he audibles anyway, all he has to do is survey the field again (one of the most important responsibilities a QB has) and its clear Dez is singled.

I am not a Romo hater. I never have been, but that play is without any doubt, 100% on Romo.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Simply put, you're wrong. Go back and watch, as I have multiple times now. Dez is single covered the entire time, including before the snap. The safety to his side of the field is between 8-10 yards away BEFORE the audible. There is no way that safety gets over there to make a play on the ball.

If Romo just looks Dez's way before the snap, there is no need for the audible in the first place. Then, if for some unforeseen reason, he audibles anyway, all he has to do is survey the field again (one of the most important responsibilities a QB has) and its clear Dez is singled.

I am not a Romo hater. I never have been, but that play is without any doubt, 100% on Romo.

It's been explained now over 11 pages. Some people just want to be blind to the facts. In the end they will all see the light though.

superonyx

Reaction score

Wow it's hard to even have the desire to debate someone who doesn't understand what single coverage is.

superonyx

Reaction score
It's been explained now over 11 pages. Some people just want to be blind to the facts. In the end they will all see the light though.

Here we go with your use of "facts" yet the only fact you have presented have been your opinions. Back up and revisited the post where you went off and posted something so bizarre that it didn't warrant a response. You remember the post. I can't even quote it here because I get embarrassed even reading it again...