Madden 10

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I thought about getting Madden 2010. My problem is I play about 15 games and get tired of it. My bother on the other hand, plays each version that comes out about 40k times. :laugh2:

I ended up getting Kill Zone 2 and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

Mortal Kombat last forever. Got a couple of friends over? FIGHT! Everyone I spoke to about Kill Zone 2 said it kicks ***. Though I've never been big into playing FPS with a console controller. I've always preferred a computer mouse and keyboard. You just get better (finer) control.

Ren

Reaction score
nyc;2919581 said:
I thought about getting Madden 2010. My problem is I play about 15 games and get tired of it. My bother on the other hand, plays each version that comes out about 40k times. :laugh2:

I ended up getting Kill Zone 2 and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

Mortal Kombat last forever. Got a couple of friends over? FIGHT! Everyone I spoke to about Kill Zone 2 said it kicks ***. Though I've never been big into playing FPS with a console controller. I've always preferred a computer mouse and keyboard. You just get better (finer) control.

I didn't think that highly of KZ2, it looks stunning but other then that it's painfully average unless you're really into FPS i'd give it a pass

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've actually put Madden down for a little while because I consistently get screwed on fumbles.

Im sick of it.

Even Jason Witten has fumbled 4 or 5 times for me.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CATCH17;2919618 said:
I've actually put Madden down for a little while because I consistently get screwed on fumbles.

Im sick of it.

Even Jason Witten has fumbled 4 or 5 times for me.

Do you hit the cover up button when someone is getting near or try to bull through them for a few more yards?

I drafted a Brandon Jacobs clone ( 6'4" 265 lbs) in my franchise last night and even with his high carry rating he fumbled 3 times in the season opener. I stopped trying to bulldoze through people and cover up the ball when I'm going down and it seems to have helped.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Ren;2919603 said:
I didn't think that highly of KZ2, it looks stunning but other then that it's painfully average unless you're really into FPS i'd give it a pass

KZ2 is awesome online, though. Single player is very nice to look at, but short.

TheCount;2919641 said:
Do you hit the cover up button when someone is getting near or try to bull through them for a few more yards?

I drafted a Brandon Jacobs clone ( 6'4" 265 lbs) in my franchise last night and even with his high carry rating he fumbled 3 times in the season opener. I stopped trying to bulldoze through people and cover up the ball when I'm going down and it seems to have helped.

Yeah, if you keep trying to bulldoze people at the end of runs, you are going to get stripped more often.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;2919641 said:

R1 right? Yeah it hasn't helped much.

I picked up the sticks last week after taking a break from a 4 game losing streak. I lost some real heartbreakers.

Well first game back I play the dolphins.

Penning avoids the sack somehow and rolls out to hit Ginn about 15 yards down field and of course nobody was there to tackle him.

So im ok with that.

I get the ball back on the next series and I throw a pass to Witten in the flats because all of his safeties are deep.

He hits Witten, Witten fumbles, he picks it up and takes it in for a score.

I didn't even finish playing the game. I just quit right there.

I'll probably give it another go this weekend though.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CATCH17;2919652 said:
R1 right? Yeah it hasn't helped much.

I picked up the sticks last week after taking a break from a 4 game losing streak. I lost some real heartbreakers.

Well first game back I play the dolphins.

Penning avoids the sack somehow and rolls out to hit Ginn about 15 yards down field and of course nobody was there to tackle him.

So im ok with that.

I get the ball back on the next series and I throw a pass to Witten in the flats because all of his safeties are deep.

He hits Witten, Witten fumbles, he picks it up and takes it in for a score.

I didn't even finish playing the game. I just quit right there.

I'll probably give it another go this weekend though.

Yeah I think it's R1, unless I've been pushing the wrong button, which is possible.

I don't like that unless you go into the regular play selection screen, you can't run subs or sub packages either. Sometimes I like to pick by play type, and all you can do is flip the play in that case.

You could try adjusting the game sliders, is there one for fumbles?

Ren

Reaction score
Fumbles are random as hell and really need to be toned down. Honestly i think they set it to high to show off their lame fight for the fumble button mash mini game.

I fumble sh'tloads in ranked games when i play unranked with friends it doesn't seem to happen nearly as often

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;2919671 said:
Yeah I think it's R1, unless I've been pushing the wrong button, which is possible.

I don't like that unless you go into the regular play selection screen, you can't run subs or sub packages either. Sometimes I like to pick by play type, and all you can do is flip the play in that case.

You could try adjusting the game sliders, is there one for fumbles?

I play online so I dont think adjusting the sliders would make a difference.

Ren, I agree about the fumbling just to show off their in game fumble recovery system.

It hasn't ruined the game for me, other than my online record, but right now my Madden life is depressing.