Madden 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2901053 said:
I've been racking up the delay of game penalties just rying to get used to the console version. :laugh2:

It seems like the play clock is going really fast this year.

I've basically tried to learn about 25 plays in the Cowboys playbook and learn all the default audibles as well.

If you can learn 25 plays inside and out than it makes you that much harder to defend.

I know I have to be extremely frustrating to play against online because I play really good defense and I can play great ball control on offense.

I just need to become a little more explosive. Whether thats making plays and avoiding guys in open space or having my receivers make big plays for me downfield.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;2901033 said:
Does anyone know how you sub a player in for a play/series on the fly now? Seems like they took it out of the game this year, which would be pretty darn stupid.

If you Flick the Right Stick to the left or right it will change the packages around.

If you hit RB than you can sub a player in or out.

Just go to practice mode and work on it until you can do it fast.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CATCH17;2901137 said:
It seems like the play clock is going really fast this year.

I've basically tried to learn about 25 plays in the Cowboys playbook and learn all the default audibles as well.

If you can learn 25 plays inside and out than it makes you that much harder to defend.

I know I have to be extremely frustrating to play against online because I play really good defense and I can play great ball control on offense.

I just need to become a little more explosive. Whether thats making plays and avoiding guys in open space or having my receivers make big plays for me downfield.

I still haven't figured out how to send Ware on a blitz. When I try to do it myself I can't time the snap correctly. In the pc version you just chose him and hit the down arrow to blitz him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2901145 said:
I still haven't figured out who to sent Ware on a blitz. When I try to do it myself I can't time the snap correctly. In the pc version you just chose him and hit the down arrow to blitz him.

Y+A+ Down the right stick.

I think thats right.

If that isn't it just try A+down on the right stick.

I do it all the time mindlessly so i'd have to have the controller in my hand to remember lol.

Ocassionaly you should move Ware into the gap between Olshansky and Ratliff and let him blitz. If the OL doesn't pick it up than the QB is done.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CATCH17;2901176 said:
Y+A+ Down the right stick.

I think thats right.

If that isn't it just try A+down on the right stick.

I do it all the time mindlessly so i'd have to have the controller in my hand to remember lol.

Ocassionaly you should move Ware into the gap between Olshansky and Ratliff and let him blitz. If the OL doesn't pick it up than the QB is done.

Good to know...thanks

Time unleash hell

Oh and I used to switch him to the left side. Ware vs a RT is a joke :D

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Havent played much this week but I'm 8-1 online. Still dont have alot of things mastered but I'm solid.

anybody want to play on 360 send me a friends request. JulianEvo1X

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2901289 said:
Havent played much this week but I'm 8-1 online. Still dont have alot of things mastered but I'm solid.

anybody want to play on 360 send me a friends request. JulianEvo1X

Your 360 will have the Red Ring of Death by halftime. :laugh2:

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;2901007 said:
Have you figured out how to complete deep passes down the sideline with Roy?

Is Crayton a deep threat?

I've spent a lot of time working on this but I just can't figure it out and im starting to wonder if Dallas just isn't capable of doing it.

I know Miles Austin is a beast on the game.

WE'll have to scrimmage each other one day and share some tips. I have you on my buddy list and I even sent you a message yesterday ;)

If you use the Cowboys playbook I got some plays for you that are tough to stop.

I can't really hit any of them deep other the Austin, i do hit Roy and Crayton deep from time to time but that's usually the result of who ever i'm playing being stupid on defense or the occasional flea flicker.
Most of the time when i do hit passes 20+ yards downfield it's on my 2nd or 3rd read, unless i spot something pre-snap i'm usually not looking down field

I'm using the SF playbook right now apart from a few formations (Shotgun with Witten in the backfield and full house) i didn't really like the Dallas playbook.

I'm usually on most evenings so just send me a message if you want to play i prefer unranked since you can play 6min QTRs without accelerated clock or 8 min with 15sec accelerated. Ranked games are far to quick now and i only play them if i can't find a game on my friends list.
Ranked games just seem like go score, get a stop on D, go score again and just sit back in zone and get picks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;2901425 said:
I can't really hit any of them deep other the Austin, i do hit Roy and Crayton deep from time to time but that's usually the result of who ever i'm playing being stupid on defense or the occasional flea flicker.
Most of the time when i do hit passes 20+ yards downfield it's on my 2nd or 3rd read, unless i spot something pre-snap i'm usually not looking down field

I'm using the SF playbook right now apart from a few formations (Shotgun with Witten in the backfield and full house) i didn't really like the Dallas playbook.

I'm usually on most evenings so just send me a message if you want to play i prefer unranked since you can play 6min QTRs without accelerated clock or 8 min with 15sec accelerated. Ranked games are far to quick now and i only play them if i can't find a game on my friends list.
Ranked games just seem like go score, get a stop on D, go score again and just sit back in zone and get picks

We can just play unranked and share some of our tips with each other.

IF you used the Cowboys playbook I could show you some bad *** plays.

Dallas does have the full house and shotgun with Witten in the backfield btw.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;2903738 said:
This play really isn't anything special i just thought it was a really cool catch so i uploaded it :)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8730556

Who caught it?

I've lost 4 heartbreakers in a row online.

For some reason the computer feels the need to make me fumble twice a game and make my receivers drop passes.

I've lost some serious heartbreakers.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
CATCH17;2904091 said:
Who caught it?

For some reason the computer feels the need to make me fumble twice a game and make my receivers drop passes.

Just lost a overtime game against a inferior player that got lucky...And then the game before I lost to another guy because felix fumbled 3 times. two of them returned for td's. Freaking sucks, now my record is 9-3 online:mad:

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;2904091 said:
Who caught it?

Austin

I took a "loss" last night when i got kicked off the servers with less then a minute left being up by 10. People that pick quit and count when they're losing with no shot at coming back or before the game has really started annoy the hell of of me. You get no points for it and you're just giving the other person DNF for the sake of being a ****

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2904257 said:
Just lost a overtime game against a inferior player that got lucky...And then the game before I lost to another guy because felix fumbled 3 times. two of them returned for td's. Freaking sucks, now my record is 9-3 online:mad:

My record got screwed from the get go because my stupid internet kept disconecting.

DemonBlood

Reaction score
Does anyone know why EA removed Tony's voice in the game? I miss "Kill, Kill, Kill". Now he has some random guys voice.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DemonBlood;2904408 said:
Does anyone know why EA removed Tony's voice in the game? I miss "Kill, Kill, Kill". Now he has some random guys voice.

It's still there, your 360 must have a problem. ;) :laugh2: