Madden 10

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
a friend bought this game yesterday and we played a match...

I threw 3 interceptions and fumbled the ball twice and that is why I lost 31-21

somehow his CB's dropped INT's that my grandmother could catch, and caught 2 insane "yeah right" INT's in my freakin endzone...

both fumbles that I had came at a time when I was breaking away and just about to score. how convenient.

somehow his O-line opened holes the size of the ozone and my tacklers bounced off more often than tackling. Also, when a couple of my defenders had him locked up, I would come in with a safety from the top to try to push him back, but no... my safety would just bounce off the "pile", not affecting it. ********.

**** this game. I won't waste my money.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Cowboys playbook is horrid. I'm rolling with Run'n'Gun this year, we have a good set up for it.

Running with Barber is hard this year for some reason, I'm still working on my stick work though.

My 360 name is Teren Kanan if anyone wants to lab, or play a game.

Lots of improvements this year, overall a good experience. I do feel however, that so long as Madden holds exclusive rights to NFL content, the game will only slightly improve from year to year. Gotta have competition to make a good game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CATCH17;2885924 said:
Felix Jones is a monster on this game.

He is only a 79 overall but Reggie Bush is a 78 overall.

Wow. The last one I played, 07 I think it was, from Bush rookie year had him at like an 87 overall if I remember right. They've really dropped him down. Good move.

Cochese;2887008 said:
2k5 is still ahead in many factors. They had intelligent linemen who knew how to pull properly, they had good offensive line/defensive line interactions, where its just a hugfest in Madden. Their gangtackling engine is still superior to anything I have ever seen in Madden.

Oh, and the 3-4 is still broken. It gets gashed by the run and generates little passrush because no one at EA knows that the nose gets doubled.

Madden 10 is a step in the right direction, but this game still isnt even close to resembling football. Its like playing 7v7, the linemen dont matter, the developers dont care about them.

Interesting. I haven't played since the 07 version, as I said, but I never had a single issue with being run all over in the 3-4 or having trouble getting sacks. In fact my trouble is that it was too unrealistically skewed in my favor. I never got less then 4-5 sacks in a game and I think I've allowed a 100 yard rusher about 3 times in all the years I've had it. Most of the time if a team gets 25-30 yards, total, rushing they've had an impressive day.

I always found that most frustruating is that no matter how hard you set the levels the CPU just never could seem to make a real game of it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol @ you guys who find 1 or 2 things wrong about the game and it is all of a sudden the worst game ever.

Madden 10 doesn't "suck".

Sure there are some things not to like but it is a damn fun game overall.

You actually have to practice on things to get better and you have to pretty much learn a playbook.

You can't just go into a game. Pick a play and stare 1 route down until he gets open.

If you do that then of course you will throw picks.

The best thing to do is learn to run the football inside and outside of the tackles.

Don't hold down the sprint button the entire time. Wait until you actually see a hole and run through it.

And find about 10 -15 passing plays that you like and master those plays.

Read the defense, figure out all your check downs, and learn the best hot routes for those formations.

I know a lot of you like to whine but this is far from the worst game ever.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
best Football game i have ever played. it's better then the 2ks and light years better then 08 and 09. That's how much better this game is.

By the way my record is 11-4 now...Just beat a guy 14-7. defensive struggle with me scoring a winning TD to witten with 16 seconds left on the clock.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I haven't really started playing online yet, just been trying to hone my skills on All-Madden. It is damn near impossible to run on all madden, tackling is pretty damn hard as well, the RBs bounce off of everything.

My record in my franchise is 5-1 right now. I'll be ready to dominate online in a little while :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ajk23az;2905866 said:
I haven't really started playing online yet, just been trying to hone my skills on All-Madden. It is damn near impossible to run on all madden, tackling is pretty damn hard as well, the RBs bounce off of everything.

My record in my franchise is 5-1 right now. I'll be ready to dominate online in a little while :)

The computer cheats on all madden and is very unrealistic.

It is made to be like that.

If you can dominate on All-Madden than you are good.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Been playing like crap lately. Lost like 4 in a row. My defense and offense sucked I think I'm losing my touch...I need more practice. I cant stop a mobile QB and I sure in hell cannot stop the screen plays. :bang2:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2905264 said:
lol @ you guys who find 1 or 2 things wrong about the game and it is all of a sudden the worst game ever.

Madden 10 doesn't "suck".

Sure there are some things not to like but it is a damn fun game overall.

You actually have to practice on things to get better and you have to pretty much learn a playbook.

You can't just go into a game. Pick a play and stare 1 route down until he gets open.

If you do that then of course you will throw picks.

The best thing to do is learn to run the football inside and outside of the tackles.

Don't hold down the sprint button the entire time. Wait until you actually see a hole and run through it.

And find about 10 -15 passing plays that you like and master those plays.

Read the defense, figure out all your check downs, and learn the best hot routes for those formations.

I know a lot of you like to whine but this is far from the worst game ever.

Its not a horrid game, its a mediocre game. It really doesnt represent football, at all. The 3-4 is beyond broken, Im in my franchise right now and I dont see Ware, Harrison or any of the other usual 3-4 beasts in the top 30 in sacks. In fact, Marcus *** Spears is leading the Cowboys in sacks.

The AI never covers runningbacks in the flats, and the zones are off so drags and slants are practically money plays. It may not piss you off YET, but it will start to get to you eventually.

You dont have to read a defense, in fact thats one of the funniest things Ive heard about Madden outside of that show for rocket catchers and exploiters on espn 2.

Its got until NHL comes out to get some serious issues patched, or else its getting traded in and I take another 3 year Madden hiatus.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm still having a hard time applying pressure. Unless the QB holds the ball for an unnatural amount of time, I never really come close to applying pressure.

I don't even mess around with the 3-4, I choose the 4-3 defense and change the 3-4 OLB's to DE's.

I thought this year you'd get to see elite players (like Ware) dominate lesser guys but he still gets stonewalled by nobodies.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;2918069 said:
I'm still having a hard time applying pressure. Unless the QB holds the ball for an unnatural amount of time, I never really come close to applying pressure.

I don't even mess around with the 3-4, I choose the 4-3 defense and change the 3-4 OLB's to DE's.

I thought this year you'd get to see elite players (like Ware) dominate lesser guys but he still gets stonewalled by nobodies.

Lets see. You are playing a defense out of character and you wonder why it isn't working. :laugh2:

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Ok i broke down and bought this. It's about what I expected. Good but with a few large warts.

One thing i have noticed is how crappy this game runs when you are playing online. Then I figured out that the game was stuttering whenever the drive was seeking, so i installed it to the hard drive. Lo and behold, it stopped. So if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, install the game.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2918069 said:
Another thing that pisses me off to no end is the fact that the cpu QB will do anything other than take a sack. He would rather loft a duck right into my defensive ends face mask than get sacked.

My advice to you is once you get close, press x or whatever the dive tackle is on ps3 thats the only way to guarantee you get the QB down.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;2918179 said:
Lets see. You are playing a defense out of character and you wonder why it isn't working. :laugh2:

Come on bro, this is Madden.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
nyc;2918179 said:

Yes, I'm sure Madden takes into account the experience a guy has at a position.

If I take a DE that's 82 and turn him to a OLB, in Madden, and his rating is now 90, I assume that means he's good at that position, in Madden. Silly me.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I recommend that everyone who bought this game go and trade it in for Arkham Asylum.

What. A. Game.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cochese;2919389 said:
I recommend that everyone who bought this game go and trade it in for Arkham Asylum.

What. A. Game.

I bought it for PS3. Haven't had much chance to play it yet but what I did see was very impressive.