Madden 15

CashMan

Reaction score
It's random drafts this year. No set drafts. Every draft will be different, never the same.

I would assume, there will be a database with players, and they will be picked at random, which draft they will be in? If that is the case, someone will put that together with a search feature. If, it is going to be, getting used to drafting players rated in the 60s with a top 10 pick, people are going to get pissed. The scouting sucked in years passed.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I would assume, there will be a database with players, and they will be picked at random, which draft they will be in? If that is the case, someone will put that together with a search feature. If, it is going to be, getting used to drafting players rated in the 60s with a top 10 pick, people are going to get pissed. The scouting sucked in years passed.

No, they said no draft will ever have the same player/stats/etc, and that no draft will ever be the same.

That's why i find it weird they give out even less XP than last years game.

John813

Reaction score
Oh, that sucks and is cool at the same time.

Hopefully the drafts still have some hidden gems through the later rounds.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Oh, that sucks and is cool at the same time.

Hopefully the drafts still have some hidden gems through the later rounds.

There is, tough to find but there is.

I found an HB in the 4th round with a 79 starting overall. And a ROLB in the 3rd round with an 80 starting overall. Damn good value, especially since my 2nd round pick was an MLB with a 69 starting overall...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There is, tough to find but there is.

I found an HB in the 4th round with a 79 starting overall. And a ROLB in the 3rd round with an 80 starting overall. Damn good value, especially since my 2nd round pick was an MLB with a 69 starting overall...

Did u sim through or get there off of normal progression? I heard there is a glitch in terms of simming, so you may have got slighted is why I mention it.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Did u sim through or get there off of normal progression? I heard there is a glitch in terms of simming, so you may have got slighted is why I mention it.

Normal progression, not a big fan of simming my seasons, especially since all the new stuff got added...for a while it was only practicing WIll Smith, he was suddenlly an 86 overall at 24 years old haha...since then, no simming for me.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Normal progression, not a big fan of simming my seasons, especially since all the new stuff got added...for a while it was only practicing WIll Smith, he was suddenlly an 86 overall at 24 years old haha...since then, no simming for me.

Yikes, pulling Telvin Smith (rookie signed off of FA = old tricks) Week 5 after last preseason game and cuts. 86? He had the tools but T. Smith has 5 sacks through 4 games...but with that kind of progression = no brainer. Did you spend all your points towards XP (what I'm doing)? Seems backwards to do the confidence stuff until I have a good squad for game to game matchups, etc.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Yikes, pulling Telvin Smith (rookie signed off of FA = old tricks) Week 5 after last preseason game and cuts. 86? He had the tools but T. Smith has 5 sacks through 4 games...but with that kind of progression = no brainer. Did you spend all your points towards XP (what I'm doing)? Seems backwards to do the confidence stuff until I have a good squad for game to game matchups, etc.

I didn't do the confidence stuff until year two when it was more "my team". And if you mean my coach points, yeah i bought the scouting package so far. Saving up for the trade value package.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I didn't do the confidence stuff until year two when it was more "my team". And if you mean my coach points, yeah i bought the scouting package so far. Saving up for the trade value package.

Oh I was talking about applying your Weekly Prep points solely to XP on the bottom left option of the screen. Are you speaking of buying the XP package for the HC? I only have like 900 pts there so far and didn't see much to do with it yet.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Oh I was talking about applying your Weekly Prep points solely to XP on the bottom left option of the screen. Are you speaking of buying the XP package for the HC? I only have like 900 pts there so far and didn't see much to do with it yet.

Ohhh okay, and yeah, unless one of my rookies has confidence problems, i just do the XP one every time.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ohhh okay, and yeah, unless one of my rookies has confidence problems, i just do the XP one every time.

I notice that vets get higher XP? I did one with Dez and he was like 900+ but Lawrence and Martin only get 400 tops.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I notice that vets get higher XP? I did one with Dez and he was like 900+ but Lawrence and Martin only get 400 tops.

I think it depends on their overall/attributes. Since they are rookies they are less good, so get less XP points. I don't know, that's what i think but it could be anything.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I think it depends on their overall/attributes. Since they are rookies they are less good, so get less XP points. I don't know, that's what i think but it could be anything.

Makes sense, takes a lot more XP to get any type of boost for a Vet or highly rated player.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I do love the challenge, though. In Madden 25 it was too easy to get a team full of all-stars.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I do love the challenge, though. In Madden 25 it was too easy to get a team full of all-stars.

I generally try to play fair, no big FA signings unless absolute need position, etc. I did stockpile picks in the past but would trade them up for 1-2 players to not get greedy with the gamesheet Cashman was talking about where you could get an 80+ player in the 4th, etc. I need CB/3rd WR in this draft. Beasley/Harris aint cuttin it (too many dropped passes even with user controlled holding triangle). Thinking of trading Spencer/Free bf deadline seeing as I'm 0-4 to see what I could coup.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dabbled in MUT for about two weeks before I realized just how much I would have to play to field an online competitive team. Kudos to you that have done it. I just don't have the time.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I dabbled in MUT for about two weeks before I realized just how much I would have to play to field an online competitive team. Kudos to you that have done it. I just don't have the time.

That is a gimmick in my opinion. Plays to ff definitely but no one else, or trying to add a RPG element to the genre. Either way, agree with you, the minimal attempt I went @ it with 25 were quickly abandoned:D.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
No need to scout, wait until someone figures out the draft, and then use their spread sheet.

Why play the game then? lol like seriously why draft if you know the best players already. Thats fun for you? Crazy.