Madden 15

John813

Reaction score
Oh thanks for the reply. That was my fault. I wasn't talking about the deep ball from the user. In fact, I think deep ball in Madden is easy especially if it is man coverage with no safety help. I was talking about the CPU lack of throwing the deep ball against the user. A lot of people are complaining about CPU throwing a lot to flats and drags but intermediate and long throws aren't happening as much as they should.

I guess that is me playing a lot of NCAA 14, because on Heisman difficulty, if you play man across the board, the CPU will make you pay. It sounds like the defense in Madden 15 is too good for the user that CPU has no other chance but to check it down in All Madden.

I've had the CPU throw it deep against me whenever I was in a zone defense. Seems the CPU doesn't go deep if you're in Man coverage. I wish the CPU threw flats/drags against me. They love carving up the Cowboys secondary 15-20 yards just about every passing play.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The only way to throw the deep ball is if they are playing man and don't have safety coverage over the top.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Titans-linebacker-Madden-short.349.png

Reactions: Ren

John813

Reaction score
Some random comments after playing around 12+ games in total since last tuesday.

1. I've noticed that the CPU would align their DT's to attack my weakest guard.
When I play as the Dolphins, my right guard is a 68 overall. Wilfork would be lined up over him constantly, and abuse him. I shifted Mankins over to RG and had my RG play on the left side, and sure enough Wilfork was lined up over him the very next play, and the majority of the plays afterwards.

2. The CPU passing game has varied, depending on which team I would play as. With Miami, I have two safeties in the 90overall range, and two corners at 85 overall and above. The safeties are good in zone coverage and the corners are good in man to man coverage, so I run a lot of Man to man with safety help. The linebackers are in the 70's to 80's in overall.
So, the CPU throws the ball a lot against this defense and doesn't mind chucking it 15-20 yards at a time.
Probably around 30 pass attempts and 15 rushing attempts a game +/- on 11 minute quarters.

Against Dallas, with corners in the low 80's/high 70's, and two safeties in the mid 80's, the CPU loves to run it.
Even with Lee at 89 ovr, Carter at 86 ovr and a drafted LOLB at 77ovr, they'll run it 20-25 times, totaling around 150-160 yards and only pass around 15-20 times. Usually only on 3rd down or 2nd and long.
The defensive line has Melton(90ovr), Lawrence(85ovr), Gardner(75ovr), and Odrick(80ovr).

3. The CPU will adjust their defensive coverage as the game goes on. If I'm killing them on the slants, 5 yard in's or curls, they'll switch coverages and bring the safety in the box. Then the deep ball becomes available in the 4th.

4. Receivers are easily replaceable, if they are not elite. One draft in, and I already have 3 rookie receivers who could be the #2 over Williams. They may be 10 points overall lower than Williams, but they all have above average catching and route running attributes.
The only negative is that their AWR is in the 30's/40's.However, they have every other important attribute high enough where they could be just as good as a Dez or Green, but be rated in the 80's due to their AWR being low.

5. Can't run worth a damn. Impossible on All-Madden. Other than a fluke 50 yard TD run, my average hovers in the 2.0-2.5 ypc. And this with a stud O-line.

6. Backup defensive players will have impressive stat lines when simming a game, every once in a while. Ben Gardner, somehow got 9 sacks being a back to Selvie(4 sacks) in the 2014 season. Jeff Heath had 45 tackles, 4 INTs, 2FF being the backup to Wilcox, who started all 16 games.

7. Eli is a FA, and rated 69ovr by the 2015 season. :D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Some random comments after playing around 12+ games in total since last tuesday.

1. I've noticed that the CPU would align their DT's to attack my weakest guard.
When I play as the Dolphins, my right guard is a 68 overall. Wilfork would be lined up over him constantly, and abuse him. I shifted Mankins over to RG and had my RG play on the left side, and sure enough Wilfork was lined up over him the very next play, and the majority of the plays afterwards.

2. The CPU passing game has varied, depending on which team I would play as. With Miami, I have two safeties in the 90overall range, and two corners at 85 overall and above. The safeties are good in zone coverage and the corners are good in man to man coverage, so I run a lot of Man to man with safety help. The linebackers are in the 70's to 80's in overall.
So, the CPU throws the ball a lot against this defense and doesn't mind chucking it 15-20 yards at a time.
Probably around 30 pass attempts and 15 rushing attempts a game +/- on 11 minute quarters.

Against Dallas, with corners in the low 80's/high 70's, and two safeties in the mid 80's, the CPU loves to run it.
Even with Lee at 89 ovr, Carter at 86 ovr and a drafted LOLB at 77ovr, they'll run it 20-25 times, totaling around 150-160 yards and only pass around 15-20 times. Usually only on 3rd down or 2nd and long.
The defensive line has Melton(90ovr), Lawrence(85ovr), Gardner(75ovr), and Odrick(80ovr).

3. The CPU will adjust their defensive coverage as the game goes on. If I'm killing them on the slants, 5 yard in's or curls, they'll switch coverages and bring the safety in the box. Then the deep ball becomes available in the 4th.

4. Receivers are easily replaceable, if they are not elite. One draft in, and I already have 3 rookie receivers who could be the #2 over Williams. They may be 10 points overall lower than Williams, but they all have above average catching and route running attributes.
The only negative is that their AWR is in the 30's/40's.However, they have every other important attribute high enough where they could be just as good as a Dez or Green, but be rated in the 80's due to their AWR being low.

5. Can't run worth a damn. Impossible on All-Madden. Other than a fluke 50 yard TD run, my average hovers in the 2.0-2.5 ypc. And this with a stud O-line.

6. Backup defensive players will have impressive stat lines when simming a game, every once in a while. Ben Gardner, somehow got 9 sacks being a back to Selvie(4 sacks) in the 2014 season. Jeff Heath had 45 tackles, 4 INTs, 2FF being the backup to Wilcox, who started all 16 games.

7. Eli is a FA, and rated 69ovr by the 2015 season. :D

Great read and personal overview. Appreciate the post.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Ultimate team worth messing with?

My friend has the game. They tried to make it equal for all teams so someone wont have a superstar team. There are no 99 overall players and they are hard to find. If you're going to build a team, it's going to take a lot of time. Not many legendary players at all, and their ratings are pretty low compared to previous years.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
i must be the worst ever at this game. dez cant catch anything beyond 10 yards. i play on all-pro and even if he has + every advantage he still wont get the ball. he stops short or goes long on every route and lets the ball get picked off every time. its really aggravating me.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The only way to throw the deep ball is if they are playing man and don't have safety coverage over the top.

I've noticed that with deeper corner routes if the D plays Cover 3 and you can control him to go up for it (sometimes not needed) but that is about it so far. Still haven't wont a straight go route taking control of receiver lob, touch, or dart n taking control for the better angle, etc. You deftly have to control the receiver a lot of the time and hold triangle throughout the catch. But agree, a lot of drops but noticed this esp for Williams on anything. Swallowed my pride and went down to all pro (0-7 will do that:D). Still a challenge tho but little easy to run/stop run and pass rush (D still passes on me though).

John813

Reaction score
i must be the worst ever at this game. dez cant catch anything beyond 10 yards. i play on all-pro and even if he has + every advantage he still wont get the ball. he stops short or goes long on every route and lets the ball get picked off every time. its really aggravating me.

That's odd. He's the receiver I can just throw it to, and unless he's in double coverage, he snags the catch.
Are you playing franchise, and what's his confidence? Maybe that's playing a role??

I still can't run with Dallas. However, I average 130 yards a game with D. Williams with the Dolphins and worse offensive line. wth

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I've noticed that with deeper corner routes if the D plays Cover 3 and you can control him to go up for it (sometimes not needed) but that is about it so far. Still haven't wont a straight go route taking control of receiver lob, touch, or dart n taking control for the better angle, etc. You deftly have to control the receiver a lot of the time and hold triangle throughout the catch. But agree, a lot of drops but noticed this esp for Williams on anything. Swallowed my pride and went down to all pro (0-7 will do that:D). Still a challenge tho but little easy to run/stop run and pass rush (D still passes on me though).

What you should do, is download slider sets. I put it on All-pro, but adjust the slider sets (Like player QB accuracy at 2 instead of at 30-50).

Basically All-madden but with an actual chance to win if you play great with a good game plan.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
If you're controlling the QB, the left stick is a lot more sensitive when throwing a pass. If you have it to the left, the pass will go wayyy left.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
That's odd. He's the receiver I can just throw it to, and unless he's in double coverage, he snags the catch.
Are you playing franchise, and what's his confidence? Maybe that's playing a role??

I still can't run with Dallas. However, I average 130 yards a game with D. Williams with the Dolphins and worse offensive line. wth

i dunno what it is. he's always getting beat bad.

i can run with murray pretty well...averaged like 5 ypc last game.

been throwing 5 int's a game because of the WR's looking more lost than rosie odonnell in a fitness club

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What you should do, is download slider sets. I put it on All-pro, but adjust the slider sets (Like player QB accuracy at 2 instead of at 30-50).

Basically All-madden but with an actual chance to win if you play great with a good game plan.

Smiity Sliders? Actually JUST started using them (2 games) and love em...I set the game speed to slow too and feels much more realistic in terms of momentum of players,etc.)

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Smiity Sliders? (actually JUST started to using them and love em...set the game speed to slow too and feels much more realistic in terms of momentum of players,etc.)

There's lots of great sliders to download. Don't remember which one i use, and since i'm not home i can't really say.

But it definitely makes the game 100% better when you have some good sliders.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There's lots of great sliders to download. Don't remember which one i use, and since i'm not home i can't really say.

But it definitely makes the game 100% better when you have some good sliders.

Cool bro, could you PM the specific slider you found or post here, either way. Thanks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ultimate team worth messing with?

I love Ultimate team.

It's hard to earn coins but you can scoop up a lot of good young players for cheap.

I use Michael Floyd and Cordarelle Patterson at receiver and they are pennies.