MadDog Russo Say's Kirk Cousins Is Better Than "Overrated" Dak Prescott And Steven A Isn't Having It

shabazz

Reaction score
i do mean this as nice as i can but who cares lol

rodgers vs mahomes or josh allen vs burrow or what ever is worth talk about

dak vs cousins blehhhch

and that’s the point in a nutshell. Dak isn’t in the Burrows, Allen, Mahomes conversations……he’s more in the Carr, Cousins conversations. Flashes against the crap teams and folds against good defenses and in the playoffs. 1-3 when it really counts

Dre11

Reaction score
Huh? Marino made the SB in year two and never made it back. Mentioning Dak and Marino in the same sentence is mind boggling. Some of you are determined to die on the Dak hill. Sad really.

Did he win one? So not winning a superbowl, says very little of the qb play, on the other hand Rex Grossman,Diller, Geoff made it to the superbowl too. What's mind boggling is people who use superbowls as a measure for qb success.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
and that’s the point in a nutshell. Dak isn’t in the Burrows, Allen, Mahomes conversations……he’s more in the Carr, Cousins conversations. Flashes against the crap teams and folds against good defenses and in the playoffs. 1-3 when it really counts
Let me guess, "doesn't beat non conference teams" is next?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I like Stephen A., but all that yelling and shouting is unnerving and irritating. I simply can't listen to him or his guests when they're shouting over each other.
Who told them that was attractive?

Second, I've always called Dak a poor man's Kirk Cousins. If Dak is better than Cousins, it's only marginally. But I have to hand it to both of them - they milked their franchises - Cousins (WFT, Minnesota), Dak (Dallas, Campbell's) - for enough money for 10 lifetimes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Did he win one? So not winning a superbowl, says very little of the qb play, on the other hand Rex Grossman,Diller, Geoff made it to the superbowl too. What's mind boggling is people who use superbowls as a measure for qb success.

Yes, getting your team to the Super Bowl IS a measure of quarterback success. Notice I said "A" measure. But nothing is absolute, meaning it's not an absolute rule that if you get your team to a Super Bowl, you're automatically great.

I think the general fan knows the difference between Marino and Grossman and who contributed greatly to their teams ascending to the Super Bowl albeit a loss (Marino, Elway) and who were merely bus drivers (Grossman, Dilfer). C'mon.

And the players and league recognize the standard because throughout the year I heard commentators talk about the GREATEST of Aaron Rodgers, but how he could even ascend to greater heights with another Super Bowl win.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Listen I don't be throwing confetti at Dak feet either but let's be serious he has never lost to Kirk Cousin so that dead horse doesn't need to be beaten.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Russo said "Dak Prescott is overrated" and that "I'm not in love with Cousins either, but you're making Prescott out to be better than he is".

Steven A is his normal loud self. Apparently he's from the failed school of "the louder you are the more right you appear to be" which usually works the opposite.

Well I'm convinced.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is overrated anymore. He is what he is, and everyone knows it now. Many of us already did.

Redline360

Reaction score
Comparable quarterbacks. However prior to Daks injury I had him ahead of Cousins due to his mobility but that has changed recently. Daks also has one of the best OL in football in front of him. Vikings pass block win rate is atrocious and always sits near the bottom of the league each year. Dak has a luxury Cousins doesn't have in the OL and still puts up similar if not better stats

Let's be real i would rather take Cousins and his contract over Daks any day of the week.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I turned it off Steven A. Smith is a pompous arrogant Prick who doesn't know he sucks

Mad Dog well that says it all Shock Jock who know as much about Sports as Howard Stern knew about .................well anything. Which is very little

Both are high contributors to the decay of western sports

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
If you never seen them play, it be hard to tell who the starter and who was the back up when Cousins went against Cook back in October

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Stephen A., but all that yelling and shouting is unnerving and irritating. I simply can't listen to him or his guests when they're shouting over each other.
Who told them that was attractive?

Second, I've always called Dak a poor man's Kirk Cousins. If Dak is better than Cousins, it's only marginally. But I have to hand it to both of them - they milked their franchises - Cousins (WFT, Minnesota), Dak (Dallas, Campbell's) - for enough money for 10 lifetimes.
Agree. They are the same basic player. Decent QB's, but ones you wouldn't mind upgrading from.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wait.. is this the guy who keeps repeating that Dak will always fail because he was not a first round QB yet by my count NON-first round QBs have won 6? of the last 10 Super Bowls... Foles, Wilson, and of course Brady .. Starting with Kurt Warner the non first round Super Bowl champs list is pretty impressive

1999 - Warner undrafted
2001 - Brady 6th round
2002 - Brad Johnson 9th round
2003 - Brady
2004 - Brady
2009 - Brees 2nd round
2013 - Wilson 3rd round
2014 - Brady
2016 - Brady
2017 - Foles - 2nd round
2018 - Brady
2020 - Brady

So that's 12 of the last 22 Super Bowls won by guys drafted outside the first round. Yet somehow people keep clinging to this "you need to draft a QB in the first round" canard. That list has 6 names on it who say that notion is dead wrong.. what you need to do is build a really good team and get a good QB who won't screw it up and who can make a few plays when called upon.

Frankly more QBs have been carried by their teams to a championship than the other way around.. Ask Troy Aikman.. Give me the best team in the league and I'll take my chances with a top 15 or better QB. That guy in Green Bay has been the best QB in the game for the most part of the last decade and aint got diddly to show for it. Putting it all on the QB is simply going about it the wrong way.. The Patriots never put it all on Brady.. At least not for long stretches. If I'm not mistaken he had a top 5 defense in all but one of his championship runs. That always gave him the luxury of being able to play within himself, punt the ball and wait for the opportunity to exploit the opposing defense when it made a mistake.
well, some would argue
Brady doesn't count, because it brady and he skews records. wilson doesn't count, because some considered him first round talent (no proof), and johnson got lucky and so did warner. Foles doesn't count neither. he could have been a first rounder, because he had more talent than Lynch and Lynch went first round. so yeah, that leaves warner and that was a miss by NFL, he could have easily been a first rounder....so yeah if they are not first rounders its challenging....

:rolleyes:

that's called a spin

jay94

Reaction score
There in the same tier, before this year I had Dak higher.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Is it really worth the time trying to find out which one of these crappy QBs is better ?
They are both not the ones you would build your franchise on.

Id say Cousins is in the lower tier of average where Dak is in the upper tier of the bad QBs.
:clap: well said