Twitter: Maher: "I’ll put my head on the pillow tonight feeling good about my kicks"

ryanbabs

Reaction score
All you can do is laugh at this point.

This has to be the most puzzling kicker I’ve ever seen. The guy has made three 60+ yard FGs but is extremely inaccurate in vertually anything shorter than this and he also can’t get his kicks into the end zone. :huh:

CB61

Reaction score
All you can do is laugh at this point.

That's the attitude buddy Falls right in line with the whole team we get a paycheck on Monday don't matter I'd sleep pretty good too if I got your paycheck LOL if I performed like you dude I would go bury my head in the sand somewhere and I'd be out there trying to fix that right hashmark thing I would do everything in my power to try to get better not sure if you have or not but I sure the hell don't look like it

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3iorb5.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CB61

Reaction score
That warrants a drug test.
We may actually have to spend a Draft pick on a kicker? And if there was anybody out there that was halfway decent he would be gone tomorrow the Patriots pretty much cleaned out anything that was remotely decent and available

Cmac

Reaction score
We may actually have to spend a Draft pick on a kicker? And if there was anybody out there that was halfway decent he would be gone tomorrow the Patriots pretty much cleaned out anything that was remotely decent and available
I'd take an old Janikowski right now.

CB61

Reaction score
Great idea where is he let's get him signed tomorrow dude had a strong leg
I also believe he was the only kicker to ever go on the first round not positive about that

CB61

Reaction score
I also believe he was the only kicker to ever go on the first round not positive about that
Maybe it was a teams (oak) only time they chose a kicker with number one pick

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The NFL special kicking ball strikes again. I can tell when they use it....It's always a little darker than the rest of the footballs...and it always moves from side to side like it's weighted from within to give it weird aerodynamics.

From his perspective...he probably thought he did hit it good. It's just the NFL likes to screw us every way possible. I'm 99% sure someday we will find out our footballs were soaked in water to make them heavy.....and under inflated. Hell....they may even have rocks inside them. And I really wouldn't be shocked to find out Roger Goodell put them there himself.:rolleyes:
I like this, lol it is entirely possible. and he cant say I got a fixed ball, so he says that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's all about the culture. Players wouldn't be acting like they are under Garrett with Belichick. The Patriots cut about 4 kickers this season because they don't put up with lackluster play that causes their team to lose games.

Even if the Pats dont lose the game, you miss a kick you are gone, PERIOD!!!

And if the next guys misses a kick while the team wins 34-7, he gets a pink slip also.

A couple of weeks ago I saw the RB for the Pats fumble in a game and he was sitting on the bench crying while Hoodie gave him a death stare. Guess what, he sat his arse on the bench the rest of the game, his day was done.

That type of accountability does not exist in Dallas.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Maher should be cut for his performance alone— but even if he wasn’t— he for sure should be cut for that comment

The product on the field is a direct result of what you tolerate in the locker room. Baffling to me that Garrett and the Jones have been around this game as long as they have and don’t get this simple principle of management.

They push back and say “well who do we replace him with? there’s no one better out there!” And that is when you know you are a joke of an organization— your fear of not being able to replace someone is holding you hostage and preventing you from leading this team by virtues that demand respect and performance.

The truth is you should cut him and sign the best K out there and chances are he is no worse than Maher at this point. Tolerating Maher’s performance is bad enough— but to tolerate his non-chalant arrogant mindset is an even worse indictment on the philosophy that guides this FO

We are a laughing stock

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Even if the Pats dont lose the game, you miss a kick you are gone, PERIOD!!!

And if the next guys misses a kick while the team wins 34-7, he gets a pink slip also.

A couple of weeks ago I saw the RB for the Pats fumble in a game and he was sitting on the bench crying while Hoodie gave him a death stare. Guess what, he sat his arse on the bench the rest of the game, his day was done.

That type of accountability does not exist in Dallas.

+1

Garrett is night and day from Belichik. In Garrett’s world he wants the players to love him so he goes to basketball games with them, inspires them with motivational speeches, and claps when they make mistakes and thinks if he is too hard on them, they will shut down. In other words— he doesn’t really treat them like men who are expected to perform— he treats them like children who need to be affirmed.

Belichik demands that his players align themselves with the goals and vision of the team, and anyone who is unable to do that— regardless of talent or contract, will not be on his team. He is viewed as “harsh” but the truth is that he understands that you don’t win in this league unless you push through limits and demand more from yourself than you thought you could give— so BB has created the environment and expectations that demand his players do that. They want to win. He pushes them to win. The results he has achieved create a trust in his players and they submit to him bc they know he is doing what is required, even though it is tough medicine.

Ironically, Garrett thinks he is “loving” his players by supporting them and a guy like BB is a dictator. The exact opposite is true: BB is loving his players by doing his job to make them the best they can be so they can achieve their collective goals. Garrett’s way results in players liking him personally and thinking he is a nice guy— but they are left without a strong compass to acquire the necessary skills and habits to become a champion

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Maher should be cut for his performance alone— but even if he wasn’t— he for sure should be cut for that comment

The product on the field is a direct result of what you tolerate in the locker room. Baffling to me that Garrett and the Jones have been around this game as long as they have and don’t get this simple principle of management.

They push back and say “well who do we replace him with? there’s no one better out there!” And that is when you know you are a joke of an organization— your fear of not being able to replace someone is holding you hostage and preventing you from leading this team by virtues that demand respect and performance.

The truth is you should cut him and sign the best K out there and chances are he is no worse than Maher at this point. Tolerating Maher’s performance is bad enough— but to tolerate his non-chalant arrogant mindset is an even worse indictment on the philosophy that guides this FO

We are a laughing stock

This coaching staff and front office are so stubborn and hard headed that it's to the detriment of the team, they were told in the off season about Maher's issues and did nothing about it. Because they believe that it should be their way or no other way at all. Even if their way costs this team to under perform and disappoint, they will still find reasons to insist how their way of thinking was the correct way.

They don't take real accountability among themselves, which is way Jerry gets so defensive about himself and Garrett being called out with things falling apart this season.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This coaching staff and front office are so stubborn and hard headed that it's to the detriment of the team, they were told in the off season about Maher's issues and did nothing about it. Because they believe that it should be their way or no other way at all. Even if their way costs this team to under perform and disappoint, they will still find reasons to insist how their way of thinking was the correct way.

They don't take real accountability among themselves, which is way Jerry gets so defensive about himself and Garrett being called out with things falling apart this season.

Stubborn and arrogant. Terrible combination