Twitter: Maher: "I’ll put my head on the pillow tonight feeling good about my kicks"

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe he should be cut. But kickers DO have leave their misses behind them. It is a must.

If you're a kicker, all you can do is give it your best shot. If it doesn't go through, it doesn't go through.
It's not like he didn't care if it went through. You give it your best effort, and move on.
Otherwise you go into a death spiral and miss your kicks the rest of the game. He did not do that.

Now if you don't practice or give your best effort, that's different.
But that's not the case here. He's hasn't been good enough, but he is giving his best effort.

Honestly, sometimes these guys kick the ball 100% perfectly, but wind gust grabs it and it somehow drifts out of the uprights.
Not saying that happened here, but you can't kill yourself for failing IF you gave your best effort. That is actually the mentality of a loser. They MUST have short memories.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
All you can do is laugh at this point.

The thing is, if you watch all 5 kicks, he DID hit them all well. He missed the one, but it looked good (not great) coming off the foot
Even the holder seemed shocked it didn't go through. His other 4 went right through.
Bad miss but he struck it cleanly.

cern

Reaction score
maher puts his head on the pillow and sleeps. jerry puts his face in the pillow and screams. isn't that special?

Zordon

Reaction score
You know after being a fan of this franchise for awhile you really get used to everything. Nothing really shocks you anymore.

But this Maher situation is something else. The fact that it's Saturday and he's still on the team is really despicable.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If it takes a kicker to finally get ride of the Clapper i am all for it. Continue to feel good about your kicks Brett for the rest of the season.
Great point!! Jerry rants about how the kicker keeps missing kicks that could keep us in games, BUT he decides to keep the lame kicker! This should be an alarming warning sign: If Jerry is willing to keep this incompetent kicker, he may be willing to resign his incompetent step son!! I don’t want to take any chances we MUST fail to make the playoffs to ensure Garrett is fired!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maher's statement is a culture..not just on him. THIS IS NO ACCIDENT. Thus, why Michael Bennett went off recently. That's the 1 guy I want on my team next season,PERIOD.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You know after being a fan of this franchise for awhile you really get used to everything. Nothing really shocks you anymore.

But this Maher situation is something else. The fact that it's Saturday and he's still on the team is really despicable.

It's all about the culture that is set by the owners and head coach. With some coaches players know that there is a certain line that they can't cross or a certain way that they can't act or they will be held accountable by either being benched or cut. But, there is no accountability in and around the Cowboys so the players know that they can be arrogant after playing badly and still keep their job if the head coach and the owners favor them for whatever reason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There'll come a time when Mr. Maher will rest his head upon his pillow and wonder why he was rejected, despite being so self satisfied. :rolleyes:

CB61

Reaction score
This Thread should be deleted it makes me sick everytime I see it, probably believe the rest of our players feel this way too they're just smart enough not to say it? Goes back to the old Theory they're just collecting paycheck

cowboyed

Reaction score
Maybe he should be cut. But kickers DO have leave their misses behind them. It is a must.

If you're a kicker, all you can do is give it your best shot. If it doesn't go through, it doesn't go through.
It's not like he didn't care if it went through. You give it your best effort, and move on.
Otherwise you go into a death spiral and miss your kicks the rest of the game. He did not do that.

Now if you don't practice or give your best effort, that's different.
But that's not the case here. He's hasn't been good enough, but he is giving his best effort.

Honestly, sometimes these guys kick the ball 100% perfectly, but wind gust grabs it and it somehow drifts out of the uprights.
Not saying that happened here, but you can't kill yourself for failing IF you gave your best effort. That is actually the mentality of a loser. They MUST have short memories.

Callous polygamists :p

jnday

Reaction score
This is the same kicker that half this board supported during preseason and didn’t want any competition brought in at the position.