Mahomes is great, but should not be talked amongst Brady or even Montana

Jayinem

Reaction score
Not yet at least.

Brady 7 Super Bowls and here is why it's even more clear that Brady is the GOAT over Mahomes than Jordan is over Lebron. Brady is 2-0 against Mahomes in the playoffs, the only QB except Burrow to beat him. Mahomes may win his 3rd but 49ers could also win the game then Mahomes is 2-2. Either way why do people say he doesn't even need to get to 7 to surpass Brady? Brady could have had 9 Super Bowls he scored the game winning drive as he always does then Belichick's defense gives up a TD to Eli, and against the Eagles Brady had 505 yards a playoff record 33 points should have been enough to win another one easily but Belichick gives up 41 against Nick Foles?

Mahomes also has not looked great in any Super Bowl. Don't forget that Montana was 4-0 in Super Bowls and never threw a single pick.

I would feel comfortable putting Mahomes third all time already, which is absolutely fantastic and nothing to be ashamed about. Time will tell if he can get to second or first. But he has a long ways to go IMO. He currently is in a tie for 5th for most Super Bowls for a QB with 8 other QBs, if he wins this Super Bowl he will tie Aikman for forth, behind only Montana Bradshaw and Brady. Not bad at all and he could play 10-12 more years.

I say all of this as someone who lives and grew up in Lubbock, Texas home of Texas Tech where Mahomes played college football. I am more of a fan of his than Brady or Montana just keeping it real.

Last edited:

DZSierra

Reaction score
I think the only people putting Mahomes up with Brady or Montana are Chiefs fans.

Kuddos to Reid though. I think they were like 8-7 this year at one time and the reality is they looked pretty bad with their recievers from what I remember. No clue what changes Reid made, but seems to be working of course.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I think the only people putting Mahomes up with Brady or Montana are Chiefs fans.

Kuddos to Reid though. I think they were like 8-7 this year at one time and the reality is they looked pretty bad with their recievers from what I remember. No clue what changes Reid made, but seems to be working of course.
Their defense has been fantastic this post season, only giving up 7 to Tua 24 to Allen and 10 to Lamar, an average of less than 14 ppg. There was no reason for Ravens to lose that game only giving up 17 points to Mahomes who was great in the first half but only managed 68 yards 0 points in the second half.

The Chiefs might even get someone like Mike Evans at receiver next season and then it's over they'll win the next couple of Super Bowls most likely with this defense.

1942willys

Reaction score
Not yet at least.

Brady 7 Super Bowls and here is why it's even more clear that Brady is the GOAT over Mahomes than Jordan is over Lebron. Brady is 2-0 against Mahomes in the playoffs, the only QB except Burrow to beat him. Mahomes may win his 3rd but 49ers could also win the game then Mahomes is 2-2. Either way why do people say he doesn't even need to get to 7 to surpass Brady? Brady could have had 9 Super Bowls he scored the game winning drive as he always does then Belichick's defense gives up a TD to Eli, and against the Eagles Brady had 505 yards a playoff record 33 points should have been enough to win another one easily but Belichick gives up 41 against Nick Foles?

Mahomes also has not looked great in any Super Bowl. Don't forget that Montana was 4-0 in Super Bowls and never threw a single pick.

I would feel comfortable putting Mahomes third all time already, which is absolutely fantastic and nothing to be ashamed about. Time will tell if he can get to second or first. But he has a long ways to go IMO. He currently is in a tie for 5th for most Super Bowls for a QB with 8 other QBs, if he wins this Super Bowl he will tie Aikman for forth, behind only Montana Bradshaw and Brady. Not bad at all and he could play 10-12 more years.

I say all of this as someone who lives and grew up in Lubbock, Texas home of Texas Tech where Mahomes played college football. I am more of a fan of his than Brady or Montana just keeping it real.
I can see you are one of those that think the dynasty was all Brady so I will not bother to respond

Jayinem

Reaction score
I can see you are one of those that think the dynasty was all Brady so I will not bother to respond
Brady moved on from the Patriots and won another Super Bowl with a new team who was I think 7-9 the previous year with no training camp due to covid. What did Belichick win before or after Brady?

I give Belichick 20% credit into making the Patriots a disciplined team. But Brady won 6 Super Bowls with 6 game winning drives, Belichick is a defensive coach so he had nothing to do with Brady being a great quarterback, maybe he helped a little on the discipline side. But I already mentioned how you can blame Belichick that he didn't win 2 more because he Brady his job and the defense didn't.

Other than maybe Mahomes or Montana you could not have replaced Brady with any QB and gotten 6 Super Bowls I do not believe. I believe they could have won the 6 with plenty of other coaches.

There is always going to be some percent of credit to go around, but the majority always goes to the Quarterback. That is why they're the highest paid players in the NFL. They also get the majority of blame when they lose. The only exception would be like the 2000 Ravens when they just won with a historically great defense and could win games 7-0.

Last edited:

1942willys

Reaction score
Brady moved on from the Patriots and won another Super Bowl with a new team who was I think 7-9 the previous year with no training camp due to covid. What did Belichick win before or after Brady?

I give Belichick 20% credit into making the Patriots a disciplined team. But Brady won 6 Super Bowls with 6 game winning drives, Belichick is a defensive coach so he had nothing to do with Brady being a great quarterback, maybe he helped a little on the discipline side. But I already mentioned how you can blame Belichick that he didn't win 2 more because he Brady his job and the defense didn't.

Other than maybe Mahomes or Montana you could not have replaced Brady with any QB and gotten 6 Super Bowls I do not believe. I believe they could have won the 6 with plenty of other coaches.

There is always going to be some percent of credit to go around, but the majority always goes to the Quarterback. That is why they're the highest paid players in the NFL. They also get the majority of blame when they lose. The only exception would be like the 2000 Ravens when they just won with a historically great defense and could win games 7-0.
this goes to show how little you really know
Who set the roster? Not tom brady
Who hired the staff? Not Tom Brady
Who was the GM all those years? Not Tom Brady
Who decided on FA? Not Tom Brady

I could go on but to claim BB only had 20% credit then how do you explain the year BB won 10 games with Brady injured?
How do you explain Brady's last year when his team stank it up and had a losing record?
Where was his magic then?

Jayinem

Reaction score
Are you joking about his last year he was 46 years old, which is ungodly that he was even still playing football. Oh wow Belichick won 10 games without Brady one year with Jimmy G who went on to make a Super Bowl with the 49ers, that's all you got to show Belichick is some great coach without Brady? Why'd he just lose his job? Why'd he lose his job in Cleveland before New England? Because he's a product of Tom *** Brady the GOAT. He is basically Jerry Jones without Brady a loser. His career record is 82-97 without Brady. This is not even debatable it's just trying to deflect credit away from Brady because you don't like him or something.

You're bragging about him being GM but that's not the same as being a coach besides the Patriots just had ZERO PRO BOWLERS this past season which is hard to do. He is to blame for terrible drafting. Every one of your points are so easy to shoot down.

Last edited:

1942willys

Reaction score
Are you joking about his last year he was 46 years old, which is ungodly that he was even still playing football. Oh wow Belichick won 10 games without Brady one year with Jimmy G who went on to make a Super Bowl with the 49ers, that's all you got to show Belichick is some great coach without Brady? Why'd he just lose his job? Why'd he lose his job in Cleveland before New England? Because he's a product of Tom *** Brady the GOAT. He is basically Jerry Jones without Brady a loser. His career record is 82-97 without Brady. This is not even debatable it's just trying to deflect credit away from Brady because you don't like him or something.

You're bragging about him being GM but that's not the same as being a coach besides the Patriots just had ZERO PRO BOWLERS this past season which is hard to do. He is to blame for terrible drafting. Every one of your points are so easy to shoot down.
Are you really this dense?
So from 2001 to 2020 what have you to say?
Just keep digging the hole you are in deeper.

but keep on spotting evidence that you have no clue about the NFL
I could use a laugh

Fastphilly

Reaction score
There will be some thing that is a negative for any of these “Top 3” quarterbacks.

I cannot put Mahomes above Brady or Montana at this point and I love the Chiefs. He has not played long enough yet to leap those other two, However if he continues on the current pace yes he will be the GOAT. If he wins 5 or 6 SBs in his first 12 years as a starter I’ll crown him. Winning 7 is a great accomplishment for Brady but taking 22 years to do it does take some of the luster out of it, not to mention he went 10 years without winning a championship which is a lengthy drought no matter how you slice it.

1942willys

Reaction score
There will be some thing that is a negative for any of these “Top 3” quarterbacks.

I cannot put Mahomes above Brady or Montana at this point and I love the Chiefs. He has not played long enough yet to leap those other two, However if he continues on the current pace yes he will be the GOAT. If he wins 5 or 6 SBs in his first 12 years as a starter I’ll crown him. Winning 7 is a great accomplishment for Brady but taking 22 years to do it does take some of the luster out of it, not to mention he went 10 years without winning a championship which is a lengthy drought no matter how you slice it.
There is luck involved in winning a SB sometimes; the helmet catch; Pete Carrols brain fart call; etc
Brady suffered from one and benefited from the other
But I have to agree you must put Brady at the top for the length of time and total number of wins
Montana was 4-0 in SBs so one has to look at it that way too
At this time one has to think of Mahoones as a serious contender for the #3 position and if he continues and wins say 2-3 more in a shorter time then Brady did for the top spot
I mean if say Mahoones goes 5-1 vs Brady 7-3
I think there is no doubt that overall Manoones does not have the absolute dynasties yet that Montana and Brady had; especially Brady.
But the Chiefs and Mahoones are getting close to entering those areas

Pape

Reaction score
Brady & Belichick... The only Coach/QB combination where they get set against each other...

Brown & Graham ... Lombardi & Starr... Landry & Staubach... Noll & Bradshaw... Walsh & Montana... Shanahan & Elway (w/an assist from TDavis)... and yet with New England, its not Brady & Belichick its Brady versus Belichick, smh...

As for Mahomes, if he wins, (i will never count on Kyle Shanahan to not go t--- up in a big spot) he's come close to equaling Bradys early career achievements

Brady: 3 appearances/5 years, 3-0, back to back champhionships, won in his first year as starter

Mahomes: 4 appearances/7 years, 2-1, (loss was to Brady), won in his third year as starter, has the potential to go 3-1 with back to back championships

I think you could safely say he belongs in the conversation, especially if he wins...

I would put him behind Brady, closing in on Montana, but he's already surpassed Manning and that caliber of Super Bowl winning QBs

1942willys

Reaction score
Brady & Belichick... The only Coach/QB combination where they get set against each other...

Brown & Graham ... Lombardi & Starr... Landry & Staubach... Noll & Bradshaw... Walsh & Montana... Shanahan & Elway (w/an assist from TDavis)... and yet with New England, its not Brady & Belichick its Brady versus Belichick, smh...

As for Mahomes, if he wins, (i will never count on Kyle Shanahan to not go t--- up in a big spot) he's come close to equaling Bradys early career achievements

Brady: 3 appearances/5 years, 3-0, back to back champhionships, won in his first year as starter

Mahomes: 4 appearances/7 years, 2-1, (loss was to Brady), won in his third year as starter, has the potential to go 3-1 with back to back championships

I think you could safely say he belongs in the conversation, especially if he wins...

I would put him behind Brady, closing in on Montana, but he's already surpassed Manning and that caliber of Super Bowl winning QBs
Brown and Graham made it to every championship game they were together,
Very under rated duo by far too many in love with the so called modern era

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Mahomes wins the SB this year, he joins Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman and Brady as the only QB's with 3 or more SB rings.

Anyway you slice it, that ain't bad. And he isn't close to being done.

Pape

Reaction score
Brown and Graham made it to every championship game they were together,
Very under rated duo by far too many in love with the so called modern era
Paul Brown tops my list of Head Coaches... the knock, if there is one, is that the first four were in the AAFC and went 2-3 in the NFL championship games... but really was amazing what they accomplished

Jayinem

Reaction score
There is luck involved in winning a SB sometimes; the helmet catch; Pete Carrols brain fart call; etc
Brady suffered from one and benefited from the other
But I have to agree you must put Brady at the top for the length of time and total number of wins
Montana was 4-0 in SBs so one has to look at it that way too
At this time one has to think of Mahoones as a serious contender for the #3 position and if he continues and wins say 2-3 more in a shorter time then Brady did for the top spot
I mean if say Mahoones goes 5-1 vs Brady 7-3
I think there is no doubt that overall Manoones does not have the absolute dynasties yet that Montana and Brady had; especially Brady.
But the Chiefs and Mahoones are getting close to entering those areas
Mahomes, not Mahoones or Manoones LMAO.