Mahomes is great, but should not be talked amongst Brady or even Montana

Jayinem

Reaction score
So now he's 4 rings behind Brady. He's 28 so he has another 17 years to get 4 more. I'd say he's got a good shot at it....
I don't think you can pencil him in for playing until 45 but who knows. He's definitely got a shot, I'm just saying don't crown him until he gets there.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Peters (41), Arizona Cardinals punter Andy Lee (40) and San Francisco 49ers kicker Robbie Gould (40) are the only active players who are 40 years old and currently on an NFL roster.Feb 21, 2023

All punters or kickers.

Jayinem

Reaction score
so in one year he became garbage, is that what you are saying?
That is why TB sucked that year?
Yes of course, he got old. It happens to everyone, it happened to him a lot later than everyone else. Why are you knocking him for that? Why does this even need to be explained to you?

ghst187

Reaction score
Have to somewhat disagree with the OP as Brady won his first few rings mostly due to his defenses being great. His first one they only scored 20 points. The pats won and Brady was the QB. Later on, he carried the team. Mahomes is the KC offense and has been carrying them to three rings already, likely more to come.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Mahomes is what so many thought Rodgers was going to be after he beat Pitt in the Super Bowl. But unlike Rodgers, the pressure doesn't phase Mahomes. As a full time starter since 2018, KC has been in every AFC title game. 5 of the 6 at home. 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 wins. 2 of them coming after trading away the most explosive WR in Hill.

Brady didn't become prime goat Brady until the 2nd HOF phase of his career when he sliced and diced teams for rings. His first half, he was Brock Purdy like. Made just enough plays to win the games and leaned heavily on the great defense he had. Mahomes hit the ground running right away. He also went from a guy who relied on huge plays downfield by Kelce and Hill to a guy who kills you by death by a thousand paper cuts style. No longer needs a big play to beat you.

I don't care about total ring count. Mahomes is better overall right now than any QB I have seen.

1942willys

Reaction score
Yes of course, he got old. It happens to everyone, it happened to him a lot later than everyone else. Why are you knocking him for that? Why does this even need to be explained to you?
his stats were still pretty good that year but you are saying that the team was total crap just because of him?

Jayinem

Reaction score
his stats were still pretty good that year but you are saying that the team was total crap just because of him?
Yeah he was pretty good for 46 years old, when 99% of players retire at or before 40. But he wouldn't have lost to the Dallas freaking Cowboys and Dak Prescott notorious playoff chokers at home if he wasn't washed. Are you saying he should have won the Super Bowl at 46?

Michael Jordan couldn't lead the Wizards to the playoffs when he was 40 years old. No one knocks him for that and goes "see he was never that great to begin with" everyone but you seems to understand aging, and that is what you're doing you pointed to his last season and said "where's the magic" so it's you trying to blame it all on Brady.

Last edited:

1942willys

Reaction score
Mahomes is what so many thought Rodgers was going to be after he beat Pitt in the Super Bowl. But unlike Rodgers, the pressure doesn't phase Mahomes. As a full time starter since 2018, KC has been in every AFC title game. 5 of the 6 at home. 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 wins. 2 of them coming after trading away the most explosive WR in Hill.

Brady didn't become prime goat Brady until the 2nd HOF phase of his career when he sliced and diced teams for rings. His first half, he was Brock Purdy like. Made just enough plays to win the games and leaned heavily on the great defense he had. Mahomes hit the ground running right away. He also went from a guy who relied on huge plays downfield by Kelce and Hill to a guy who kills you by death by a thousand paper cuts style. No longer needs a big play to beat you.

I don't care about total ring count. Mahomes is better overall right now than any QB I have seen.
so many brady bots want to claim it was all him from day one. He was a bus driver at first; a very good one and made some plays but it was the Pats D that was the real driving force; that and BB
Tom Brady threw 78 picks in his first six years as a starter. He AVERAGED 12 INTS A YEAR
He really did not explode until 2007.

1942willys

Reaction score
He wouldn't have lost to the Dallas freaking Cowboys and Dak Prescott notorious playoff chokers at home if he wasn't washed.

Michael Jordan couldn't lead the Wizards to the playoffs when he was 40 years old. No one knocks him for that and goes "see he was never that great to begin with" everyone but you seems to understand aging.
what a crock

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Have to somewhat disagree with the OP as Brady won his first few rings mostly due to his defenses being great. His first one they only scored 20 points. The pats won and Brady was the QB. Later on, he carried the team. Mahomes is the KC offense and has been carrying them to three rings already, likely more to come.
So you think KC defense is not Elite? Also, I believe Brady had a more difficult conference rivals than Mahomes.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I disagree with the notion that is generally agreed upon that Brady was a bus driver during the first 3 Super Bowl wins. The first one (his first full year as a starter) he was although he still had the game winning drive. But then the second one against Carolina was a shoot out where the Patriots won 32-29 Delhomme threw for 323 yards and 3 TDs, not exactly some defensive game where Brady had to just drive the bus. Third one was 24-21 vs. the Eagles which is just a normal scoring game not low not high.

Brady had 6 game winning drives in his 6 Super Bowl wins as a Patriot, which is ungodly. I'm not going to say he didn't have good defenses he did but that doesn't mean you could have just put a white guy that looked like Brady and the Patriots win all those Super Bowls. Look at how that worked out when he left under the great Bill Belichick who no team wanted to hire this offseason. (p.s. Atlanta owner said Belichick did not ask for any roster decision making power, they still didn't hire him)

Jayinem

Reaction score
But really I don't need to keep arguing with 1942willys about Brady vs. Mahomes, all I have to do is say scoreboard.

Brady 7 Super Bowls
Mahomes 3 Super Bowls

Brady vs. Mahomes in the playoffs Brady is 2-0.

So it's not even an argument right now, Brady is the GOAT. Mahomes still has a long ways to go to change that. Maybe he will maybe he won't.

Mahomes is not even half way there, you know who agrees with that notion? Mahomes he said so himself.

1942willys

Reaction score
But really I don't need to keep arguing with 1942willys about Brady vs. Mahomes, all I have to do is say scoreboard.

Brady 7 Super Bowls
Mahomes 3 Super Bowls

Brady vs. Mahomes in the playoffs Brady is 2-0.

So it's not even an argument right now, Brady is the GOAT. Mahomes still has a long ways to go to change that. Maybe he will maybe he won't.

Mahomes is not even half way there, you know who agrees with that notion? Mahomes he said so himself.
So when Mahomes has like six or seven in ten years you will still be a brady Bot?

ghst187

Reaction score
Sorry, agree to disagree, not saying Mahomes has passed Brady but he has entered the conversation. He has a lot of years left and another ring or two and I think the footing is even to argue either way.

1942willys

Reaction score
Sorry, agree to disagree, not saying Mahomes has passed Brady but he has entered the conversation. He has a lot of years left and another ring or two and I think the footing is even to argue either way.
He is a spectacular player. That is going to impress a lot of people. Remember how so many thought Barry Sanders was many times better than Emmitt?

In this case I have to go with Mahomes; as great as Brady was he was certainly more limited as a player.