Mahomes is great, but should not be talked amongst Brady or even Montana

ghst187

Reaction score
He is a spectacular player. That is going to impress a lot of people. Remember how so many thought Barry Sanders was many times better than Emmitt?

In this case I have to go with Mahomes; as great as Brady was he was certainly more limited as a player.
Fair point and those who still argue for Brady have valid points too. My point is that it’s now an actual conversation and starting to get close.

1942willys

Reaction score
Fair point and those who still argue for Brady have valid points too. My point is that it’s now an actual conversation and starting to get close.
Took Brady ten years I think after his third to get his fourth. Not sure If I remember that right though

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No. This era for QBs is just far too easy - so easy we have players like Dak and Jackson either in the running or winning MVP.

Montana was great throughout his career in the 80s and early 90s. Brady played through like 3 eras of football and stayed at the top. Mahomes has played in a league where the rules are built around the QB getting big plays, a lot of yard, and a lot of TDs with low turnovers. It's why the league is becoming a bore.

1942willys

Reaction score
No. This era for QBs is just far too easy - so easy we have players like Dak and Jackson either in the running or winning MVP.

Montana was great throughout his career in the 80s and early 90s. Brady played through like 3 eras of football and stayed at the top. Mahomes has played in a league where the rules are built around the QB getting big plays, a lot of yard, and a lot of TDs with low turnovers. It's why the league is becoming a bore.
I liked the fact that this last SB the Defenses really were important.
IT was like in the OLD NBA when Defense mattered; the game was better.
A defensive game is just as interesting to me as a shootout and often more so
BUT the NFL caters to the fly by night fan by wanting flash plays.
They spit on the real football fans all the time.

1942willys

Reaction score
The mental gymnastics going on in the OP...man I'm dizzy.
ya gotta shake your head at the way some people refuse to see the obvious
In a way rarely seen in the NFL Mahones is truly the straw that stirs the drink
there is a guy where stats truly lie; and if that is all you see with him then you are truly blind

Jayinem

Reaction score
The mental gymnastics going on in the OP...man I'm dizzy.
How is it mental gymnastics? I said he's third all time. Is that some type of huge insult to only be behind Brady and Montana? Mahomes said himself he's not even half way to Brady, that was before the Super Bowl win but still.

Do you think Mahomes has already surpassed Brady? Now THAT is mental gymnastics. 7 Super Bowls vs 3 Brady 2-0 against Mahomes in the playoffs.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How is it mental gymnastics? I said he's third all time. Is that some type of huge insult to only be behind Brady and Montana? Mahomes said himself he's not even half way to Brady, that was before the Super Bowl win but still.

Do you think Mahomes has already surpassed Brady? Now THAT is mental gymnastics. 7 Super Bowls vs 3 Brady 2-0 against Mahomes in the playoffs.
Start with the biggest flaw...SBs, W/L are all team accomplishments.

The best player of all time could win zero SBs.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Start with the biggest flaw...SBs, W/L are all team accomplishments.

The best player of all time could win zero SBs.
Quarterbacks are the most important position in all of the sports. That's why they make 2x or 3x everyone else on the team.

I've already had this discussion with someone else in this thread I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Think whatever you want I don't really care.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Quarterbacks are the most important position in all of the sports. That's why they make 2x or 3x everyone else on the team.

I've already had this discussion with someone else in this thread I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Think whatever you want I don't really care.
Doesn't change the fact that it's a team game (the most team oriented of all the main sports) and SBs and W/Ls are strictly team accomplishments.

There's no logic in arguing the opposite. There's even less logic comparing QBs by W/L in head to head games.

It's nonsense and impossible to be consistent in your arguments using something so flawed.

For instance, the logic used for an argument in your OP suggests Eli is better than Brady.

1942willys

Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that it's a team game (the most team oriented of all the main sports) and SBs and W/Ls are strictly team accomplishments.

There's no logic in arguing the opposite. There's even less logic comparing QBs by W/L in head to head games.

It's nonsense and impossible to be consistent in your arguments using something so flawed.

For instance, the logic used for an argument in your OP suggests Eli is better than Brady.
Look what one player can do in the NBA and clearly ONE player there means more than ANY single player on any team in the NFL.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be as good as Brady lol. Mahomes is the QB of the decade and we don't have that. That's all I care about. Jerry should at least try. But nooo, we stick with the average Joe. Uhm, Dak.

I don't care if they call Mahomes the next Brady or whatever. Right now he's the gold standard and that's all that matters. If we want that 6th trophy then we have to go through him.

1942willys

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be as good as Brady lol. Mahomes is the QB of the decade and we don't have that. That's all I care about. Jerry should at least try. But nooo, we stick with the average Joe. Uhm, Dak.

I don't care if they call Mahomes the next Brady or whatever. Right now he's the gold standard and that's all that matters. If we want that 6th trophy then we have to go through him.
Or hope a team in the AFC gets lucky and upsets the Chiefs. I mean it COULD happen....

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

We can't even go through Love.lol

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Mahomes is changing the game of football. Transcendent player. Generational player. He’s the combination of an elite NFL passer and an elite NBA point guard. Never been an NFL QB like him. Dude’s amazing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Mahomes is changing the game of football. Transcendent player. Generational player. He’s the combination of an elite NFL passer and an elite NBA point guard. Never been an NFL QB like him. Dude’s amazing.
How is Mahomes changing football?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
From the standpoint of career accomplishments matter, Brady is clearly the GOAT. Montana still holds an edge over Mahomes.

In terms of who is the all around most talented QB to ever play the game, we've never seen anything like Mahomes. His physical & mental abilities combined with his desire to be great & find a way to win are simply a total package unlike any other. Rogers, Elway are the only QB's I could even put as a rival as far as total package.

Brady, Montana and many others can compare in one or two ways but not all the attributes.

There is simply no QB in the history of the game I would take over him in a "you can have this guy in his prime" scenario.