Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rush is playing to secure his clipboard when Dak returns. The only controversy is among those who don't know football or business. He is the best backup in the NFL bar none.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You do realize we don’t matter? We’ll keep buying stuff and we’ll keep supporting and Jerry knows this
That said the cowboys would be prudent to look for a qb if Dak flops
Yep, Jerry has had the masses fooled for awhile.
I sense that changing.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.

Cooper Rush has been in the league for 6 years. He was cut by the Cowboys to get down to the 53 man roster. Any team could’ve picked him up for a song. He’s not better than any of the 32 starting QBs in the league. He’s not even in the same conversation as Dak.

i have no idea what the ‘Rush is the man!’ people are smoking. Again, there’s a 6 year book on Rush. When was the last time a 6th year backup wrestled away the starting position from a healthy franchise QB? I think the answer is never.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not saying Rush has proven to be a world-beater. But any QB who can come in and win games deserves at least a shot at the starting job. Besides, what have you seen from Dak since, say from after the bye week of last season, that makes you feel he is an elite QB worthy of his contract? I haven't seen it.
Maybe. What if that QB does not have NFL starting ability and will never take you to a super bowl?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Thank the heavens these dumb dorky threads can be ceased after tonight. Rush is what he is. A backup QB. This team will be better the sooner he is on the bench.

There is a reason this fanbase is mocked nationwide. We make fun of other fanbases but a big faction of this fanbase honestly believed Rush was really good and the reason for our success. And so much better than Dak lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Make no mistake the Cowboys are feeling some urgency to get Dak back. Can’t believe anyone would think Rush was battling for the starting job. I think it’s safe to say the Cooper Rush love affair has officially ended.

kskboys

Reaction score
Rush is playing to secure his clipboard when Dak returns. The only controversy is among those who don't know football or business. He is the best backup in the NFL bar none.
I agree w/ your first 2 sentences.

Rush isn't top 5 amongst backups.