Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You mean clear like Jerry Jones clear ?

Or clear ?

I mean like Stephen Jones calling Dak "one of the best players in the league" two days ago clear. He's said that more than once since Dak's been out.

I don't share that overly optimistic point of view, but my opinion isn't the one that matters.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
They have changed the offense to plays that are easy for Rush. He doesn’t have real good zip on the ball. A few of his passes should have been intercepted. Take it out of his hands with quick throws. He is not going to beat anybody with his arm.
The defense is winning games for the Cowboys not Cooper Rush.
I believe with Dak, it’s mental now. They are trying to make him this gun slinger, which he is not.
They need to get an offensive plan together just like the one they have in place for Rush. The difference being , when it’s time to throw deep Dak is much better than Cooper ever will be.
Cooper Rush is doing what a backup QB does. He is just proving that he is a real good backup. That’s it. He won’t be a starter in this league unless it’s with a QB killer team that lures him in with cash.
Dak will be the starter when he is healthy. The Cowboys are playing very well as a team and hopefully Dak will realize he doesn’t have to be something he’s not. I think that starts with our genius OC.
GO COWBOYS!!

Well perhaps they need to make things easy for Dak based on his difficulty reading a defense.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
No he’s not
When Dak is healthy he will be the starter
And there is not a HC in the NFL who wouldn’t make the change back

rambo2

Reaction score

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
Lol, I'm amazed at the stupidity of the general public.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
BnXSpRJ.gif
Ha ha ha! Awesome.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No he’s not
When Dak is healthy he will be the starter
And there is not a HC in the NFL who wouldn’t make the change back
Wanna bet? I'm not going to be shocked if Rush wins Sunday...Dak is holding a clipboard pouting...then asking for a trade

Reaction score

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To think that and say it here is ridiculous.
Anyone who thinks our ownership is going to replace Rush for Prescott I’ll be happy to wager the rest of the season posting in this forum as a wager.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think you are confused.
The Owner of the team is going to have Dak as the starter of the Dallas Cowboys, not the fans.
I certainly don’t think Jerry is waiting on what you think about Dak. to base his decision.
Dak is the QB for the Cowboys( good or bad) and if you and some other people don’t like it, why don’t you do everybody a favor and switch teams.
I’m a fan of the Dallas Cowboys for 45+ years, not individual players. It’s a Team sport.
Picking sides on players that play on the same team that you supposably cheer for is just stupid. Especially when you are comparing a backup to a starter QB in the NFL.
Dak is a top 10 QB in the league and if you think a good backup is going to take his spot when he is healthy you are just as delusional as some of the other dead wood on this forum.
Are you kidding? Look how this team makes decisions.....game plan. It's all by committee. Everyone has imput. Especiallyin the game planning...I can tell the difference between Kellen's plays....Robert Prince bubble screens...McCarthy's inside trap running game the GB is known for...Trust me...Rush wins Sunday....this will be a "committee" decision...what is better for the team going forward. This is a team that is winning..
You don't break that up just to justify some guys contract. That's just dumb.

rambo2

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks our ownership is going to replace Rush for Prescott I’ll be happy to wager the rest of the season posting in this forum as a wager.
You would be correct. It is amazing that anybody is dumb enough to believe they would start Rush over Prescott.

rambo2

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Look how this team makes decisions.....game plan. It's all by committee. Everyone has imput. Especiallyin the game planning...I can tell the difference between Kellen's plays....Robert Prince bubble screens...McCarthy's inside trap running game the GB is known for...Trust me...Rush wins Sunday....this will be a "committee" decision...what is better for the team going forward. This is a team that is winning..
You don't break that up just to justify some guys contract. That's just dumb.
Rush isn't wining, the team is.

d3mb0y5

Reaction score
What people don't give him credit for...he's not turning the ball over....unlike Dak....who has become a turnover machine...
Lol...Jameis Winston, Carson Wentz, and Matt Stafford are turnover machines. It's easy to not turn the ball over when Rush doesn't have to pass it through the first four games because the defense and special teams are playing at a high level. How he handles adversity will truly measure the type of QB he is. So before we anoint him, wait until he is sacked 8 times (Dak v. Atl. 2017) because the o-line can't protect his blindside, or wait until the defense and special teams take a day off and he has to carry them to victory, or wait until opposing defenses breakdown game film and expose his weaknesses for what they are, or God forbid wait until he has to come back from a serious injury and play at a high level. He's just a backup QB that is managing to not lose the game while the rest of the team wins it for him, nothing more, nothing less.