Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

leeblair

Reaction score
Remember when you said Kellen Moore was going to beat out Romo for the starting job? Lol. Good times
Kellen Moore is STILL the best quarterback on the Cowboys squad.
As we've seen repeatedly, talent doesn't get rewarded by Jerry.
That's why you guys think Dak is still number 1.

Otis313

Reaction score
Rush has done everything you could ask for from a backup QB. He has gotten wins when the starter of the team is injured. That’s what a BACKUP QB does.
The fact that we constantly see people on this forum saying he is going to take Dak’s job is just stupid.
I don’t care if he was your choice of QB or not, the billionaire owner of this team chose him and he is not going to listen to any of the Dak haters opinion.
Instead of constantly crying about why Dak is our QB and why he was paid 40 million, why not be an adult and cheer for the whole team to win? I know that won’t happen because there are a few clowns on this forum that think they know what it takes to run an NFL team and will argue with you to try and jam their clueless opinion on everybody.
I was never a huge fan of the Dak signing but he is what we have as our QB. A top 10 QB. And now we know we have a capable backup. I’ll take it.
If our superstar OC finally starts to help our team out and design some plays that will get this offense some identity, I think we could do something.
GO COWBOYS! Go kick some beagle a** this Sunday night!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Rush's play will have every last effect on the team one way or the other. The tally will be in at the end of the season or when the change takes effect.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What Cooper Rush has done is show we can win without a great offense. The pressure is on Dak. He doesn't have to be great ,just solid and better not turn the ball over. All we need is a few more points. No more deer in the headlight games. this defense is a SB caliber defense. Dak needs to be the way he was in 2016.

leeblair

Reaction score
Honestly............No true GM or coach is dumb enough to think that Cooper Rush is starter material. NONE!

Only a handful of clowns on here actually see that kind of talent. The same fools that think Dak is average.

Has there EVER been a group of fans that are worse at judging QB's in the history?
You can't erase the past 4 games. They happened. Rush took over, and the Cowboys started winning.
Not just against weak teams, but the Cowboys have beat 4 of the top teams in the league. Two were in last year's Super Bowl!
Now, before that, no one was really surprised to see Dak stink it up and lose the first game. That's his way.
No matter how you try to cover it up, Rush has led the Cowboys to 4 straight quality wins- something Dak could never do.
So if Dak comes back in, and you guys say he is so much better than Rush, unless he goes undefeated, you've been proven wrong.

leeblair

Reaction score
Honestly............No true GM or coach is dumb enough to think that Cooper Rush is starter material. NONE!

Only a handful of clowns on here actually see that kind of talent. The same fools that think Dak is average.

Has there EVER been a group of fans that are worse at judging QB's in the history?
The FACTS say that Cooper Rush is the better quarterback.
I don't know what land you live in, but the truth is that Rush is better than Dak. That's undeniable.
How good Rush is- well- that remains to be seen.
But there's NO DOUBT that he is better than Dak.
Only an idiot would deny what we've all seen.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Rush has done everything you could ask for from a backup QB. He has gotten wins when the starter of the team is injured. That’s what a BACKUP QB does.
The fact that we constantly see people on this forum saying he is going to take Dak’s job is just stupid.
I don’t care if he was your choice of QB or not, the billionaire owner of this team chose him and he is not going to listen to any of the Dak haters opinion.
Instead of constantly crying about why Dak is our QB and why he was paid 40 million, why not be an adult and cheer for the whole team to win? I know that won’t happen because there are a few clowns on this forum that think they know what it takes to run an NFL team and will argue with you to try and jam their clueless opinion on everybody.
I was never a huge fan of the Dak signing but he is what we have as our QB. A top 10 QB. And now we know we have a capable backup. I’ll take it.
If our superstar OC finally starts to help our team out and design some plays that will get this offense some identity, I think we could do something.
GO COWBOYS! Go kick some beagle a** this Sunday night!

So the back-up QB wins 4 straight and doesn't turn the ball over so then what the heck is Dak's job and why isn't he doing the same thing?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
Rush wins and Dak is Tony Romo........
P.S.Without the talent of course.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The FACTS say that Cooper Rush is the better quarterback.
I don't know what land you live in, but the truth is that Rush is better than Dak. That's undeniable.
How good Rush is- well- that remains to be seen.
But there's NO DOUBT that he is better than Dak.
Only an idiot would deny what we've all seen.

What facts? This should be good…

leeblair

Reaction score
What facts? This should be good…
The games and the results of those games.
I realize the actual games don't back up the way you guys try to lay out one stat after another to try and justify your agenda, but the games are the facts. They are what actually happened.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Rush is the next Gardner Minshew. A player that comes in, does his job, captures lightning in a bottle, and gets made into something he's really not.

Let's be honest. If there wasn't such a strong anti-Dak sentiment among many Cowboys fans people will see Rush has been okay. Nothing more, nothing less. He's proving to be a quality high end backup quarterback that can win short term.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I realize the actual games don't back up the way you guys try to lay out one stat after another to try and justify your agenda, but the games are the facts. They are what actually happened.

And the games prove the defense is winning, not the offense. What if Dallas gave up more than a single touchdown in all of Rush's starts so far? Then his record wouldn't look so good right now. The Cowboys are playing complementary football right now but this win streak is not sustainable unless Rush and the offense vastly improve.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I’ve watched every snap of every game…Rush has been mediocre at best. He’s had like 6 picks that were either dropped or brought back by penalty and were winning bc of the run game and defense.

Our offense is limited and held back by Rushs talent. He’s done a fine job for what a backup is supposed to do but he’s not the guy.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I
I don't care what you hear from whomever ...

Nice post, can't argue with statements like that, as you're already said you won't listen to anybody else. So even if you're wrong, which you probably are, there's discussion to be had.

Mods, might as well remove the post....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rush is the next Gardner Minshew. A player that comes in, does his job, captures lightning in a bottle, and gets made into something he's really not.

Let's be honest. If there wasn't such a strong anti-Dak sentiment among many Cowboys fans people will see Rush has been okay. Nothing more, nothing less. He's proving to be a quality high end backup quarterback that can win short term.
The question is not what Rush is but what we really have with 160 million $ Dak.
Rush has proven we got robbed!!!!!!

Big D

Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
No.