Make up your darn mind!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go. Well we have now let him go. We heard from many that we need to not re-sign Dak... well, here we are. Stop being so loyal to all of our middle tier players and stop overpaying our guys.

Well here we are, doing exactly what so many in here have wanted and what do we see? non stop complaining about what the front office is doing.
Im not real happy about much of this to be honest.... but who cares. What happened last year> 1 and out. What happened the year before? 1 and out.

IM all for doing what they are doing with Dak. IMO, you can not latch your wagon to a qb, no matter how good he played last year when we see the same old 1 and out..... not only 1 and out, but PATHETIC play from the qb in those games.

IM shocked to see them doing this, but as a certain person once famously said, what the hell do you have to lose? In our case? whew... I guess we are repeating multiple 1 and out playoff appearances.

CWR

Reaction score
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go. Well we have now let him go. We heard from many that we need to not re-sign Dak... well, here we are. Stop being so loyal to all of our middle tier players and stop overpaying our guys.

Well here we are, doing exactly what so many in here have wanted and what do we see? non stop complaining about what the front office is doing.
Im not real happy about much of this to be honest.... but who cares. What happened last year> 1 and out. What happened the year before? 1 and out.

IM all for doing what they are doing with Dak. IMO, you can not latch your wagon to a qb, no matter how good he played last year when we see the same old 1 and out..... not only 1 and out, but PATHETIC play from the qb in those games.

IM shocked to see them doing this, but as a certain person once famously said, what the hell do you have to lose? In our case? whew... I guess we are repeating multiple 1 and out playoff appearances.
The thing is I'm still not believing they won't extend Dak.

As far as the players we lost I'm not upset they left, I'm upset we are doing nothing to replace them.

Had we brought in a rb and another lb I'd probably feel differently. There have been quite a few reasonable signings that would've made us better.

At the end of the day we saved money, BUT does anyone believe well take advantage of those cap dollars down the road? We never do.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We have big money in Diggs, a WR that is going to get a HUGE deal if we keep him, a defensive player that is going to be the highest paid non qb in the league... how the hell are you supposed to take advantage of cap dollars?

I hate the thought of those deals to CeeDee and Parsons... but why get those kinds of players if you want to just let them walk after they have shown they are really, really good players?

We can have lots of cheap players, but they will never equate to having Parsons and Lamb on your team.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Been time to let tyron go, with Dak there's the ones that say WHO WILL YOU REPLACE HIM WITH, uhhh someone else!! Sheesh

raven55

Reaction score
my question your going to give this money to a under sized defensive end that as the season goes along gets worn down and he has already proved he not a linebacker because in coverage he is lost in left field without a glove so TRADE HIM NOW one less person on your team to be payed. let his mouth be someone else's problem

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I understand the frustration by many around here, but I don't see why many get so worked up, when all we can do as fans is wait and see.....I don't like how the off season is playing out, I don't like losing in the playoffs, especially this year to a big underdog. The fact of the matter is, there is nothing we can do about it, other than vent. We all do that in our own way.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
my question your going to give this money to a under sized defensive end that as the season goes along gets worn down and he has already proved he not a linebacker because in coverage he is lost in left field without a glove so TRADE HIM NOW one less person on your team to be payed. let his mouth be someone else's problem
he is pretty much accepted by EVERYONE as a top 3 defensive player in the entire league. This is about his mouth for you.

INSANE to think you are going to trade players like Parsons and get better. It was only a short few years ago that our pass rush was pathetic...... I guess thats where you want to return to.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go.
I don't get it either. Last year all we heard is that he is a part time player who always gets hurt and is overpaid.

This year he is suddenly a big loss and the Cowboys have to move mountains to replace him because he was such a valuable piece.

Huh???

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
For now, lads, this FO seems too paralyzed and undecided on what "all in" means or how to define it.
Such a metaphysical concurrence would, naturally, perplex and daze the Arkansas family.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
he is pretty much accepted by EVERYONE as a top 3 defensive player in the entire league. This is about his mouth for you.

INSANE to think you are going to trade players like Parsons and get better. It was only a short few years ago that our pass rush was pathetic...... I guess thats where you want to return to.
I’ve got no issues with his mouth but have contemplated if the team should trade him provided the compensation is well worth it.

The only reason to even remotely entertain this is due to his continued reduced output late in the season. I don’t even believe this is truly a Micah problem but more a byproduct of how he’s utilized. If the staff cannot devise a way to assist with keeping Micah’s output at a more consistent level, then maybe they don’t know how to use him. From a late season results perspective he’s turning into the defensive counterpart to Dak.

Not saying I would definitely trade the uber-talented dude but you can’t blame people for giving it a thought, and I put the lion’s share of that on Quinn.

GMO415

Reaction score
2025 Dak has $95 million in dead cap space? There is absolutely no way he walks away.

Rayman70

Reaction score

great valid points. I agree. I think Tyron was a great decision. Im on board with most of the moves except Hankins. I see a major shift in thinking in 1 aspect. I see a youth movement coming by the front office. This is new. I expect Gilmore to leave too. Hes old and slow. Coming off injury. The purge was a long time coming. I think the issue fans have, as well as myself isn't the moving on by our players but its the bull**** ALL IN junk we get fed, while we see an exodus. I don't mind moving on, but to sell me that THIS is what all in is, is a sham! You can only sell snake oil so many times before people wise up. Not properly replacing the guys we purged is the big issue I have.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
great valid points. I agree. I think Tyron was a great decision. Im on board with most of the moves except Hankins. I see a major shift in thinking in 1 aspect. I see a youth movement coming by the front office. This is new. I expect Gilmore to leave too. Hes old and slow. Coming off injury. The purge was a long time coming. I think the issue fans have, as well as myself isn't the moving on by our players but its the bull**** ALL IN junk we get fed, while we see an exodus. I don't mind moving on, but to sell me that THIS is what all in is, is a sham! You can only sell snake oil so many times before people wise up. Not properly replacing the guys we purged is the big issue I have.
Gilmore is old and slow? Did you watch Bland getting treated like a JR High player against DK Metcalf in the 1st half last year? Switch Gilmore on him and Metcalf was done for the rest of the game.Metcalf might have had 300 yards had Bland stayed on him.... and I think Bland is young and fast.

DanA

Reaction score
No issue moving on from Tyron. I do think we are operating in purgatory though. Either rebuild our invest in improving the team via free agency. Slightly worse than last year isn’t gonna bring a Super Bowl.

JBS

Reaction score
Half of what you are saying has merit.

The half of what you are missing is critical. The fan base never suggested for the team to let players go and do absolutely nothing to fill those voids. As a matter of fact, the lack of involvement during free agency has been a sticking point with fans for over ten years. So let’s not suggest that the FO is doing what we are asking them to do.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gilmore is old and slow? Did you watch Bland getting treated like a JR High player against DK Metcalf in the 1st half last year? Switch Gilmore on him and Metcalf was done for the rest of the game.Metcalf might have had 300 yards had Bland stayed on him.... and I think Bland is young and fast.
then gilmore tailed off towards the latter games.