Make up your darn mind!

phildadon86

Reaction score
We have big money in Diggs, a WR that is going to get a HUGE deal if we keep him, a defensive player that is going to be the highest paid non qb in the league... how the hell are you supposed to take advantage of cap dollars?

I hate the thought of those deals to CeeDee and Parsons... but why get those kinds of players if you want to just let them walk after they have shown they are really, really good players?

We can have lots of cheap players, but they will never equate to having Parsons and Lamb on your team.
One way?

Force the QB to ride the pine or accept a trade and start the rebuild instead of telling the fan base you are going all in to only walk it back after you got your news coverage.

Trading Dak to Minnesota for example. Or atlanta BEFORE they signed cousins was the move. Instead. Jerry doesnt want to wait a year to rebuild. He wants his cake and to eat it to. He wants to win games to stay relevant, but that also more than likely means picking outside of the top ten.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go. Well we have now let him go. We heard from many that we need to not re-sign Dak... well, here we are. Stop being so loyal to all of our middle tier players and stop overpaying our guys.

Well here we are, doing exactly what so many in here have wanted and what do we see? non stop complaining about what the front office is doing.
Im not real happy about much of this to be honest.... but who cares. What happened last year> 1 and out. What happened the year before? 1 and out.

IM all for doing what they are doing with Dak. IMO, you can not latch your wagon to a qb, no matter how good he played last year when we see the same old 1 and out..... not only 1 and out, but PATHETIC play from the qb in those games.

IM shocked to see them doing this, but as a certain person once famously said, what the hell do you have to lose? In our case? whew... I guess we are repeating multiple 1 and out playoff appearances.
So you think the people that wanted Tyrone gone, are now complaining Tyrone is gone.

I can;t even remember what *I* said yesterday, but you got all the names locked down from a year ago? Hmm...how about that!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think most just don't understand what the plan is. You drafted Tyler to be the successor of Tyron. Tyron is gone a d now you don't know you'll move Tyler to LT and you don't have a good option on the roster. Fans are anxious to see how you build this team while most believe their hopes you field a good team are fading.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
One way?

Force the QB to ride the pine or accept a trade and start the rebuild instead of telling the fan base you are going all in to only walk it back after you got your news coverage.

Trading Dak to Minnesota for example. Or atlanta BEFORE they signed cousins was the move. Instead. Jerry doesnt want to wait a year to rebuild. He wants his cake and to eat it to. He wants to win games to stay relevant, but that also more than likely means picking outside of the top ten.
and you think picking in the top ten is gonna somehow vault you into the Super Bowl?
Ask the Cardinals how drafting in the top ten has worked out. Ask the Jets. Ask the Bears..... and on and on and on.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No issue moving on from Tyron. I do think we are operating in purgatory though. Either rebuild our invest in improving the team via free agency. Slightly worse than last year isn’t gonna bring a Super Bowl.
what more could they have done as far as rebuilding?

You can not get rid of Dak this year. No way, no how.
Who else on the roster would you have gotten rid of to speed up the "Rebuild?"

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Half of what you are saying has merit.

The half of what you are missing is critical. The fan base never suggested for the team to let players go and do absolutely nothing to fill those voids. As a matter of fact, the lack of involvement during free agency has been a sticking point with fans for over ten years. So let’s not suggest that the FO is doing what we are asking them to do.
add who in free agency? Derick Henry? How many people on this board have said over and over again you do not keep 30 year old running backs? Now they are clamoring to sign one? Again, make up your mind.

Signing big names happens every year, and 31 of those teams that signed big free agency deals struck out.

Sign Mahomes.... im in for that. The rest is just fodder.

phildadon86

Reaction score
and you think picking in the top ten is gonna somehow vault you into the Super Bowl?
Ask the Cardinals how drafting in the top ten has worked out. Ask the Jets. Ask the Bears..... and on and on and on.
For every team you listed I can list some too.

Cincy, San Fran (built their defense off of multiple top picks).

Just because some teams suck at drafting doesnt mean it doesnt give you a better chance.

rambo2

Reaction score
So you think the people that wanted Tyrone gone, are now complaining Tyrone is gone.

I can;t even remember what *I* said yesterday, but you got all the names locked down from a year ago? Hmm...how about that!
Who is Tyrone? Do you mean Tyron?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go. Well we have now let him go. We heard from many that we need to not re-sign Dak... well, here we are. Stop being so loyal to all of our middle tier players and stop overpaying our guys.

Well here we are, doing exactly what so many in here have wanted and what do we see? non stop complaining about what the front office is doing.
Im not real happy about much of this to be honest.... but who cares. What happened last year> 1 and out. What happened the year before? 1 and out.

IM all for doing what they are doing with Dak. IMO, you can not latch your wagon to a qb, no matter how good he played last year when we see the same old 1 and out..... not only 1 and out, but PATHETIC play from the qb in those games.

IM shocked to see them doing this, but as a certain person once famously said, what the hell do you have to lose? In our case? whew... I guess we are repeating multiple 1 and out playoff appearances.
Haven't you learned that no matter what move is being made the reaction is going to be the opposite of what it should be,

because they don't like Jerry Jones and the front office,

so if they make the move they're going to complain if they don't make the move they're going to complain they literally like to complain 24/7 because they believe things should be on their time frame and it should come from their list and only be done the way fans think A Team should be built and handled..hmmm

because by God they're all professionals in here, we have the biggest group of wasted talent in here that none of them have jobs in the NFL but they're all experts... we also have a big group of alleged sports doctors in here, we literally have so many lawyers ,judges, doctors ,and NFL caliber professionals, i don't even know how the NFL's running without them....

blueblood70

Reaction score
add who in free agency? Derick Henry? How many people on this board have said over and over again you do not keep 30 year old running backs? Now they are clamoring to sign one? Again, make up your mind.

Signing big names happens every year, and 31 of those teams that signed big free agency deals struck out.

:hammer:

Rayman70

Reaction score
bahahhahah. Did we play the Seahawks in week 4?

Such subjective garbage to back up what is objective.
Look, its clear we are in a rebuild. I don't love it,but don't get angry at me,get angry at the Joneses. I don't own the team. Gilmore likely aint coming back. IF he does, great,you get what you want but we are far away.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Look, its clear we are in a rebuild. I don't love it,but don't get angry at me,get angry at the Joneses. I don't own the team. Gilmore likely aint coming back. IF he does, great,you get what you want but we are far away.
Im not angry at anyone. Im ok with whatever they decide, I dont really care. I just find it amusing reading all the complaints that happen no matter which way they go.

Also, I just dont think the NFL is like the NBA. You dont "Rebuild," in the NFL, not unless you have absolutely no QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Im not angry at anyone. Im ok with whatever they decide, I dont really care. I just find it amusing reading all the complaints that happen no matter which way they go.

Also, I just dont think the NFL is like the NBA. You dont "Rebuild," in the NFL, not unless you have absolutely no QB.
truth is, this team will be anybody's guess as far as being good or bad. We certainly dont look like we have a clear direction.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Haven't you learned that no matter what move is being made the reaction is going to be the opposite of what it should be,

because they don't like Jerry Jones and the front office,

so if they make the move they're going to complain if they don't make the move they're going to complain they literally like to complain 24/7 because they believe things should be on their time frame and it should come from their list and only be done the way fans think A Team should be built and handled..hmmm

because by God they're all professionals in here, we have the biggest group of wasted talent in here that none of them have jobs in the NFL but they're all experts... we also have a big group of alleged sports doctors in here, we literally have so many lawyers ,judges, doctors ,and NFL caliber professionals, i don't even know how the NFL's running without them....
Post of the week right there....lol
For every team you listed I can list some too.

Cincy, San Fran (built their defense off of multiple top picks).

Just because some teams suck at drafting doesnt mean it doesnt give you a better chance.
Cincy? bahahahhahahahaha.... Cincy hit Gold at QB... the rest was irrelevant. How did that amazing cincy roster do while Joe B was hurt?

blueblood70

Reaction score

Exactly, you just restock ,

it's almost normal for a team to lose about 17% of its roster on a regular offseason that they have to get those players replaced.

So, you reboot or call it retooling yearly it's a year-to-year league not many people are setting themselves up for the following year or two they're literally just living the now what can we do this year and that's what free agency franchise tags transition tags salary caps and player movement has created in this new NFL...

No one truly knows that this offseason is going to bring they want to know they keep saying they're doing nothing that they're about the tank and restart everything for 2025 but so much can change in the next 4 weeks all the way up to the season there's a lot of free agents left there's the draft there are trades hell I don't care what's being said in public Prescott might still get an extension a week before the season starts things change it's all fluid and it will be judged on how the season actually goes nothing right now can be judged literally all these posts about upset people like we're not doing anything well we got six months to put a team on the field to compete...

Besides the fact that I've never seen Jerry Jones purposely lose games or tank they're not going in this season thinking they're gonna have a losing season anybody who thinks that's ridiculous they do have big decisions to make and they're being cautious about it... But just because they haven't done anything in the 1st 10 days of free agency we're going into the second week basically doesn't mean anything at all no matter what fans wanna read into it there's nothing to see here until training camp and then they have time from training camp through preseason to make more changes all the way up to the trade deadline with people do know we started the season out three and five and it didn't look good in 2018 we made one trade from Mark Cooper flip the season end up in the second round..

So all the posts about them trying to read the intentions of the front office as if it's them are gonna be in reboot building mode is ridiculous we don't know anything until the season starts six months from now.. It's futile to think anything else and to constantly and daily post whining about what the front office is not doing....​

Reid1boys

Reaction score
truth is, this team will be anybody's guess as far as being good or bad. We certainly dont look like we have a clear direction.
but dont we hear this every year? No doubt we have had plenty of people in here predicating losing seasons in each of the last 3 years during the off season. Thats what makes the NFL so fun... you just never know.

I booked my flights for opening home game yesterday. Im in for this season, no matter what happens in the off season. Why? Because I love the NFL, I love the Cowboys and life with the Cowboys is better than not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Last year McCaffery was a great deal for SF. Prob was missing piece to take them to SB.

A couple years ago Rams getting Aaron McDonald Matthew Stafford probably put them over the top .

I think it probably depends how close a team is. Cowboys appear to be more than a player or two away.

Rayman70

Reaction score
but dont we hear this every year? No doubt we have had plenty of people in here predicating losing seasons in each of the last 3 years during the off season. Thats what makes the NFL so fun... you just never know.

I booked my flights for opening home game yesterday. Im in for this season, no matter what happens in the off season. Why? Because I love the NFL, I love the Cowboys and life with the Cowboys is better than not.
been a fan of Dallas since 1973. Now I know why God invented BP meds...for fans like us lol. I get it...I am the same way.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Exactly, you just restock ,

it's almost normal for a team to lose about 17% of its roster on a regular offseason that they have to get those players replaced.

So, you reboot or call it retooling yearly it's a year-to-year league not many people are setting themselves up for the following year or two they're literally just living the now what can we do this year and that's what free agency franchise tags transition tags salary caps and player movement has created in this new NFL...

No one truly knows that this offseason is going to bring they want to know they keep saying they're doing nothing that they're about the tank and restart everything for 2025 but so much can change in the next 4 weeks all the way up to the season there's a lot of free agents left there's the draft there are trades hell I don't care what's being said in public Prescott might still get an extension a week before the season starts things change it's all fluid and it will be judged on how the season actually goes nothing right now can be judged literally all these posts about upset people like we're not doing anything well we got six months to put a team on the field to compete...

Besides the fact that I've never seen Jerry Jones purposely lose games or tank they're not going in this season thinking they're gonna have a losing season anybody who thinks that's ridiculous they do have big decisions to make and they're being cautious about it... But just because they haven't done anything in the 1st 10 days of free agency we're going into the second week basically doesn't mean anything at all no matter what fans wanna read into it there's nothing to see here until training camp and then they have time from training camp through preseason to make more changes all the way up to the trade deadline with people do know we started the season out three and five and it didn't look good in 2018 we made one trade from Mark Cooper flip the season end up in the second round..

So all the posts about them trying to read the intentions of the front office as if it's them are gonna be in reboot building mode is ridiculous we don't know anything until the season starts six months from now.. It's futile to think anything else and to constantly and daily post whining about what the front office is not doing....​
Agree 100% I normally dont like Brousard and Rob Parker, but I did listen to a 10 minute youtube video yesterday of them discussing Dak and what Dallas is doing. I agree 100% with Brousard. Dallas isnt willing to give dak a 60 million dollar deal and be the highest paid QB in the league. They also said they believe Dak is slightly better, in the leagues eyes than Cousins. Cousins just got 45 million per season. So, lets say Dallas has a decent season and wins a playoff game and then loses. He now reaches free agency... what would Daks value on the free agent market be? Brousard said no way 60 million... maybe 52??? And I agree with that. So now Dak signs for 52 with dallas and Dalls wins because they didnt pay 60 million.

(Still on Brousards thoughts) Now lets say Dak actually wis a SB, now Dak gets 60-64... Dallas would pay that because they just won the SB. So Dallas FO is in a win win situation basically, and I agree with that. I personally think Dak will get an extension... it just wont be until after next season ends.

By the way, lets say Dak does leave Dallas and he gets 58-62 million and Dallas was offering 53 to 54 million. Dak will still lose because his 60 plus million in endorsements will all go bye bye if he is the Saints QB. So it is 100% in Dak's best interest to stay in Dallas.