Make up your darn mind!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yawn, yawn, yawn. I get it perfectly. Here: The Los Angeles Rams' preseason odds to win the Super Bowl in 2022 were +1200 according to several sports betting resources [1, 2, 3]. This means a $100 bet on the Rams winning the Super Bowl would have paid out $1200 if they had won. These odds indicate that the Rams were considered a longshot to win the championship

so spare me with all the people that knew the rams were serious contenders after getting stafford prior to the start of that season.
Same applies as above. Contender isn’t who you think will win but can contend for it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Cindy had a good season. That makes you a contender? Buffalo had a good season. Philly got to the sb after sticking the year before and they attention good this year. So maybe it's you that doesnt understand what a contender is. . Oh... strangely, your "Contenders," minus Philly have the best young qbs in their conference.....hmmmmmmmmm.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Gilmore is old and slow? Did you watch Bland getting treated like a JR High player against DK Metcalf in the 1st half last year? Switch Gilmore on him and Metcalf was done for the rest of the game.Metcalf might have had 300 yards had Bland stayed on him.... and I think Bland is young and fast.
Gilmore was an excellent pickup! He is so much better than Lewis. He has lost a step, but he is still way above average. Didn’t Gilmore shut down/slow down Brown from the Ugles too! I bet we could get him at a reasonable price too.

We could have the best starting group of CB’s in the NFL!!!!!!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Gilmore was an excellent pickup! He is so much better than Lewis. He has lost a step, but he is still way above average. Didn’t Gilmore shut down/slow down Brown from the Ugles too! I bet we could get him at a reasonable price too.

We could have the best starting group of CB’s in the NFL!!!!!!!
I completely agree. I dont care who starts... injuries happen. Gilmore was a great pickup last year and I would love to see him back. Our DBs would be some of the best ball hawks in the nfl with the return of Diggs and the emergence of Bland.

He hasnt signed yet, and it was reported he did want to return to Dallas, so Im hoping they can work out a deal.

links18

Reaction score
I don't get it either. Last year all we heard is that he is a part time player who always gets hurt and is overpaid.

This year he is suddenly a big loss and the Cowboys have to move mountains to replace him because he was such a valuable piece.

Huh???
Are you sure it's the same people saying both things?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cindy had a good season. That makes you a contender? Buffalo had a good season. Philly got to the sb after sticking the year before and they attention good this year. So maybe it's you that doesnt understand what a contender is. . Oh... strangely, your "Contenders," minus Philly have the best young qbs in their conference.....hmmmmmmmmm.
Cinn because they were in SB 2 years ago, Phi last year, Buff in champ game and been best challenger to Chiefs. And SF consistent in championship game.

That defines what a contender is. Teams that have competed in champ game’s consistently or a SB recently.

And yes the fact they have great QB’s certainly help make them contenders. But again only because of recent history.

Reid, you just can’t handle that our Cowboys haven’t been serious contenders. And it’s because they don’t have recent history playing for a championship.

MikeT22

Reaction score
add who in free agency? Derick Henry? How many people on this board have said over and over again you do not keep 30 year old running backs? Now they are clamoring to sign one? Again, make up your mind.

Signing big names happens every year, and 31 of those teams that signed big free agency deals struck out.

Sign Mahomes.... im in for that. The rest is just fodder.
Where did he mention Derrick Henry? These strawman arguments are amusing.

Creeper

Reaction score
Apparently the Cowboys think they have several of the holes filled already on the roster from prior drafts they’ve been developing.

Jumbo has a couple great threads detailing on offense and defense breaking it all down. A good read.
Maybe they are right. I can see Bass and Hoffman playing this year and doing okay. Who knows, maybe even Asim Richards has improved to the point where he can start. But depending on guys like Mazi, Williams and Fehoko on defense, or Carl Davis, scare me a lot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe they are right. I can see Bass and Hoffman playing this year and doing okay. Who knows, maybe even Asim Richards has improved to the point where he can start. But depending on guys like Mazi, Williams and Fehoko on defense, or Carl Davis, scare me a lot.
Yea, no doubt there are concerns some of these guys we’ve drafted in recent years can step up to become legit starters. But we have to give them a shot with huge holes to fill.

If the Mgmt has misevaluated or poorly drafted then it’s going to dramatically lessen our team this year. Mazi a first rounder and Williams a 2nd rounder have to step up.

1st and 2nd rounders have to eventually become starters. And some 3rd rounders too. Like Overshown 1st year who was hurt and didn’t get to see any action. He’s going to be expected to start probably too.

This is the nature of the NFL now. You have to continue drafting well because you can’t retain all of yours guys in Cap era. They don’t have to be right on all of them.

Last edited: