Make up your darn mind!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree 100% I normally dont like Brousard and Rob Parker, but I did listen to a 10 minute youtube video yesterday of them discussing Dak and what Dallas is doing. I agree 100% with Brousard. Dallas isnt willing to give dak a 60 million dollar deal and be the highest paid QB in the league. They also said they believe Dak is slightly better, in the leagues eyes than Cousins. Cousins just got 45 million per season. So, lets say Dallas has a decent season and wins a playoff game and then loses. He now reaches free agency... what would Daks value on the free agent market be? Brousard said no way 60 million... maybe 52??? And I agree with that. So now Dak signs for 52 with dallas and Dalls wins because they didnt pay 60 million.

(Still on Brousards thoughts) Now lets say Dak actually wis a SB, now Dak gets 60-64... Dallas would pay that because they just won the SB. So Dallas FO is in a win win situation basically, and I agree with that. I personally think Dak will get an extension... it just wont be until after next season ends.

By the way, lets say Dak does leave Dallas and he gets 58-62 million and Dallas was offering 53 to 54 million. Dak will still lose because his 60 plus million in endorsements will all go bye bye if he is the Saints QB. So it is 100% in Dak's best interest to stay in Dallas.
I don't wanna make it just about Prescott but he may get an extension before this season because when you say after the season doesn't the day the season ends he becomes a full free agent therefore it's not gonna be called an extension he would have to get a brand new contract competing with other teams and will he have sour grapes and leave regardless of the difference in money low or high?? I'm saying I believe something could get done a week before the season starts.. But I'm not sure how it works after the season do we still own his rights up till March 14th of 2025 so a deal can be made in there or as soon as the season ends he's a free agent? I'd be OK paying him 52 to 55,000,000... But you're right not resetting the market at 60 he should be falling into the 3rd to 5th spots and if he's Dallas cowboy for life he would take that I mean if he doesn't then you know we're gonna have to live as a fan base with starting over...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
but dont we hear this every year? No doubt we have had plenty of people in here predicating losing seasons in each of the last 3 years during the off season. Thats what makes the NFL so fun... you just never know.

I booked my flights for opening home game yesterday. Im in for this season, no matter what happens in the off season. Why? Because I love the NFL, I love the Cowboys and life with the Cowboys is better than not.
That works for you which is fine. But the same size doesn’t fit all fans. Fans that are All In every year regardless the prospects are great. But not necessarily who I’m looking to for analysis and critique.

And ” All in” means you think we have a SB or championship caliber team. Similar to following owners hype. And if that’s what you need to be All In , again that might work for you. I’ve been All In a couple times in my Cowboys life back in the great Landry’s era for about 20 years and Jimmy’s run. Because we had a team with history to believe we were true contenders.

But there are fans who love the NFL and the Cowboys looking forward to the competition and games without buying into the hype with a more apathetic wait and see outlook which really isn’t that uncommon for a team and franchise with our recent history and trends. Perhaps that’s not fun for you. But it doesn’t elevate you above others cause you are more gung-ho, hopeful or believe in something we haven’t seen.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't wanna make it just about Prescott but he may get an extension before this season because when you say after the season doesn't the day the season ends he becomes a full free agent therefore it's not gonna be called an extension he would have to get a brand new contract competing with other teams and will he have sour grapes and leave regardless of the difference in money low or high?? I'm saying I believe something could get done a week before the season starts.. But I'm not sure how it works after the season do we still own his rights up till March 14th of 2025 so a deal can be made in there or as soon as the season ends he's a free agent? I'd be OK paying him 52 to 55,000,000... But you're right not resetting the market at 60 he should be falling into the 3rd to 5th spots and if he's Dallas cowboy for life he would take that I mean if he doesn't then you know we're gonna have to live as a fan base with starting over...
I dont know the exact details, but basically Dak would be a free agent as soon as this next season ends. We would have zero control over him. But this is not a negative thing between him and the FO. Jerry has made it clear he wants dak to stay... I dont think being honest with Dak and saying look, we just cant give you 60 million. So it has been reported they both agreed to do nothing until next year. Maybe if Dak stunk (i dont see that happening) dallas just says weve seen enough, see ya dak. But if he plays as good as this past season, he gets extended.
I dont see any negatives to handling it the way the FO is handling it. If Dak gets pissy because you didnt make him the highest paid qb, oh well... let him walk. At some point, the FO has tomake a stand.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I made up my mind a long time ago.

Tyron Smith took team friendly deals every time he signed a contract.

He is a hall of fame LT that we should have kept until the day he retired.

We are a worse team without Tyron Smith.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That works for you which is fine. But the same size doesn’t fit all fans. Fans that are All In every year regardless the prospects are great. But not necessarily who I’m looking to for analysis and critique.

And ” All in” means you think we have a SB or championship caliber team. Similar to following owners hype. And if that’s what you need to be All In , again that might work for you. I’ve been All In a couple times in my Cowboys life back in the great Landry’s era for about 20 years and Jimmy’s run. Because we had a team with history to believe we were true contenders.

But there are fans who love the NFL and the Cowboys looking forward to the competition and games without buying into the hype with a more apathetic wait and see outlook which really isn’t that uncommon for a team and franchise with our recent history and trends. Perhaps that’s not fun for you. But it doesn’t elevate you above others cause you are more gung-ho, hopeful or believe in something we haven’t seen.
So you think you determine what "All in<" means as a fan? Ive never once in the past 30 years started a season saying we are winning a SB. Unless you have Mahomes or Brady you are a fool to say such a thing. Wether you look to me for "Analysis," is not something I will lose sleep over.

You can say you arent all in all you want. Look at your post count. 55 thousand messages to my 11k. Now you tell me who is "All in," on this team more? You or me.....lol

Fact is, you will watch every game this season. Thats all in. You will be here on every monday discussing each game. Thats all in.You are in here in the off season every day discussing ALL THINGS cowboys... thats all in.

Just because you do go to gaes or buy Jerseys does not mean you arent all in.

Want to show me you arent all in? Skip the first 4 weeks of the season because our FO has done nothing to get better....

rambo2

Reaction score
So you think you determine what "All in<" means as a fan? Ive never once in the past 30 years started a season saying we are winning a SB. Unless you have Mahomes or Brady you are a fool to say such a thing. Wether you look to me for "Analysis," is not something I will lose sleep over.

You can say you arent all in all you want. Look at your post count. 55 thousand messages to my 11k. Now you tell me who is "All in," on this team more? You or me.....lol

Fact is, you will watch every game this season. Thats all in. You will be here on every monday discussing each game. Thats all in.You are in here in the off season every day discussing ALL THINGS cowboys... thats all in.

Want to show me you arent all in? Skip the first 4 weeks of the season because our FO has done nothing to get better....
Kendricks was something.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

All In on the Cowboys being your favorite team isn’t the same as being All In this team is a serious SB contender.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go. Well we have now let him go. We heard from many that we need to not re-sign Dak... well, here we are. Stop being so loyal to all of our middle tier players and stop overpaying our guys.

Well here we are, doing exactly what so many in here have wanted and what do we see? non stop complaining about what the front office is doing.
Im not real happy about much of this to be honest.... but who cares. What happened last year> 1 and out. What happened the year before? 1 and out.

IM all for doing what they are doing with Dak. IMO, you can not latch your wagon to a qb, no matter how good he played last year when we see the same old 1 and out..... not only 1 and out, but PATHETIC play from the qb in those games.

IM shocked to see them doing this, but as a certain person once famously said, what the hell do you have to lose? In our case? whew... I guess we are repeating multiple 1 and out playoff appearances.
I haven’t seen much complaining about letting these players go as most said was necessary.

Most of the complaints I’ve seen is the fact we weren’t active in FA attempting to replace some of them.

And Dak has all the leverage . Jethro would be bashed for caving in to a huge Market Price deal instead of letting it play out.

Not a bit surprised Jethro has backed off for now. And pending the season we have and interest in FA might be prepared to walk away but I expect him to still resign him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and you think picking in the top ten is gonna somehow vault you into the Super Bowl?
Ask the Cardinals how drafting in the top ten has worked out. Ask the Jets. Ask the Bears..... and on and on and on.
Obviously there’s never a guarantee but it at least places you in a better position to turn it around. That of course depends on how well you draft and if you can find that next Franchise QB to build around.

I’d argue the Jets were potentially a healthy Rodgers from being a more serious contender. The Bears are building in the right direction if they can find a greater QB.

It’s tough to turn it around if you don’t find a good QB to build around. It’s how the Bengals turned it around and Chargers , Jags, Dolphins and Egirls did .

There’s basically two types of teams in the NFL . One building around a Franchise QB( not necessarily Elite) or a team looking for a Franchise QB. The better the Franchise QB is the easier to build around.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t think he would actually become a FA in 2025 until March when the season officially begins and FA starts.

Brax

Reaction score
2025 Dak has $95 million in dead cap space? There is absolutely no way he walks away.
This is a false narrative as far as I can see
OTC confirms this as well. I don’t even know where $95 in funding would be coming from since all you have to do is take $160M and subtract what the realized cap hits were. Again, if the Cowboys eat the $55.1M hit this year, that’s $118.8M, meaning $41.2 remaining to account for.

Shefter is usually correct, but this sounds like Dak propaganda he’s pushing to pressure JJ

Creeper

Reaction score
Last year we heard from so many in here that it was time to let Tyron go. Well we have now let him go. We heard from many that we need to not re-sign Dak... well, here we are. Stop being so loyal to all of our middle tier players and stop overpaying our guys.

Well here we are, doing exactly what so many in here have wanted and what do we see? non stop complaining about what the front office is doing.
Im not real happy about much of this to be honest.... but who cares. What happened last year> 1 and out. What happened the year before? 1 and out.

IM all for doing what they are doing with Dak. IMO, you can not latch your wagon to a qb, no matter how good he played last year when we see the same old 1 and out..... not only 1 and out, but PATHETIC play from the qb in those games.

IM shocked to see them doing this, but as a certain person once famously said, what the hell do you have to lose? In our case? whew... I guess we are repeating multiple 1 and out playoff appearances.
To me it was a mater of priorities. A few years ago I said they should move on from Tyron. At the time it made sense. This year, I don't think Tyron's diminished ability is as big of a problem as the defense. We lost two DEs, two DTs, we had no LBs to start, and we lost a starting CB. We get back Diggs, but depth is a problem except at Safety. I have been saying if you want to rely less on the QB, then you better be able to run the football and play defense. The priority is stopping the run and instead of making improvements there, they actually may have gotten worse.

My thinking was, don't let Tyron go this year because they need so many other positions filled. But it looks like the Cowboys are fine going into the draft with holes all over the roster.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
All In on the Cowboys being your favorite team isn’t the same as being All In this team is a serious SB contender.
and you think you know enpugh about football to say who is and whois not a contender prior to the start of the season? Im sure you were all in on the rams after they traded for that HOF qb Matt Stafford, yes?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and you think you know enpugh about football to say who is and whois not a contender prior to the start of the season? Im sure you were all in on the rams after they traded for that HOF qb Matt Stafford, yes?
You still don’t get it.

You base it on teams prior history and recent trends. That doesn’t mean there can’t be a surprise .

And yes, many saw the Rams uplifting to a more serious SB contender with Stafford and Donald signings. Much like many saw Detroit becoming a more serious contender last year.

Loso86

Reaction score

That's just the way most of our fans work, they know best until it doesn't work then it's shame on Dallas and the Joneses

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To me it was a mater of priorities. A few years ago I said they should move on from Tyron. At the time it made sense. This year, I don't think Tyron's diminished ability is as big of a problem as the defense. We lost two DEs, two DTs, we had no LBs to start, and we lost a starting CB. We get back Diggs, but depth is a problem except at Safety. I have been saying if you want to rely less on the QB, then you better be able to run the football and play defense. The priority is stopping the run and instead of making improvements there, they actually may have gotten worse.

My thinking was, don't let Tyron go this year because they need so many other positions filled. But it looks like the Cowboys are fine going into the draft with holes all over the roster.
Apparently the Cowboys think they have several of the holes filled already on the roster from prior drafts they’ve been developing.

Jumbo has a couple great threads detailing on offense and defense breaking it all down. A good read.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You still don’t get it.

You base it on teams prior history and recent trends. That doesn’t mean there can’t be a surprise .

And yes, many saw the Rams uplifting to a more serious SB contender with Stafford and Donald signings. Much like many saw Detroit becoming a more serious contender last year.
yawn, yawn, yawn. I get it perfectly. Here: The Los Angeles Rams' preseason odds to win the Super Bowl in 2022 were +1200 according to several sports betting resources [1, 2, 3]. This means a $100 bet on the Rams winning the Super Bowl would have paid out $1200 if they had won. These odds indicate that the Rams were considered a longshot to win the championship

so spare me with all the people that knew the rams were serious contenders after getting stafford prior to the start of that season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You still don’t get it.

well, if you arent the chiefs, recent trands say you arent a contender.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well, if you arent the chiefs, recent trands say you arent a contender.
You obviously dont understand what a contender is. That doesn’t mean you’ll win it. That means you’ve shown history you can contend for it.

SF, Phi, Buff and Cinn all contenders from recent trends. But not Dallas.

Last edited: