Making the Playoffs Could Hurt

GMO415

Reaction score
We haven't played back-to-back playoffs in 11 years. These don't come too often. I'll take it any day.

nobody

Reaction score
Agreed. I'd rather go ahead and tank. Get JG booted out ASAP and get a better draft pick. What are we playing to win for? Pride? stats? There's no purpose. Superbowl is out of the picture. Might as well get something out of losing right now.

No way. I want them to win out, but I know it's not going to happen. I know they'll get roasted hard in the playoffs. It would be great if they won... but it ain't happening. No need to hope for a tank. It's better to hope that they actually develop some spirit on the field.

Again, not happening under this coaching staff, but we can hope.

Fmart322

Reaction score
It is likely the Cowboys make the playoffs as the winner of the NFC Least but doubt they go far. I think JG is still let go of short of an NFC championship game. While the Cowboys are messing around that will put them a week behind starting the hunt for a new head coach. It will also put us deeper in the draft. I’ll never want the Eagles to win or the Cowboys to lose but it sure would help things if Eagles went on a winning streak and Cowboys lost a few.
I wouldn't worry about that. The Cowboys do pretty good in the draft, even at later rounds imo. Even looking for a head coach in sure agents are letting teams know if they're client is interested in certain jobs.
We all know they aren't supposed to tamper but they tamper.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I’ll always go for the playoffs....

You never know, especially with the wild card at home..

Jeffkills

Reaction score
...Also, if RHG made the championship game, why not give him another year?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Same discussion was held last year when people believed it was a certainty Dallas would go one and done in the playoffs and preferred missing the playoffs all together. I will never understand the mentality of rather missing the playoffs than having a chip and a chair. Regardless if you think the Cowboys will win, the players get another year of playoff experience, at minimum which is better than a a few draft spots which probably won’t make a difference anyway.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What hurts most is that the Cowboys were competitive last year once they got in gear midseason and starting winning. They won the division in dramatic style and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs.

2019 is showing a Cowboys team in decline, overpaying stars that are not as productive as hoped. Meanwhile, the Seahawks, Vikings, 49ers and Packers have had great leaps from last year and look like true competitors for the SB. Cowboys will be fortunate to back into the playoffs by virtue of a crap division.

Macnalty

Reaction score
It is likely the Cowboys make the playoffs as the winner of the NFC Least but doubt they go far. I think JG is still let go of short of an NFC championship game. While the Cowboys are messing around that will put them a week behind starting the hunt for a new head coach. It will also put us deeper in the draft. I’ll never want the Eagles to win or the Cowboys to lose but it sure would help things if Eagles went on a winning streak and Cowboys lost a few.
As a fan this is repulsive to me, logic however dictates this is feasible and makes sense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people do not want just any team to tank . They want the Dallas Cowboys to tank to gain better draft position.

Jerry Jones oversees Dallas' drafts. Jerry Jones has faced considerable criticism over the past few decades for his endorsed draft picks.

So, 'logically', achieving a higher draft slot 'guarantees' Jerry Jones will enjoy an A+ draft. In other words, hoped for failure now assures sure success later.

lol. Time for the Will McClay counter-argument.

shabazz

Reaction score
Eagles are helping Garrett stick around :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Its not the first time those Eagle Fans were trying to stick it to us

BREAKING: Eagles fans start Go Fund Me to pay Dak Prescott the $40 million he wants in order to keep him on the Cowboys

aikemirv

Reaction score
The question is, where do you need to be to get Tua with his injury.

IS he still a top 10 pick or does he fall in the teens?

reddyuta

Reaction score
we CANT STOP THE RUN,we are not making the playoffs.We knew this flaw in the Dline after the Rams game but there was a collective failure and we didnt fix it and now the Bears will run for 200 and Cohen will kill us in the screen game too.