Malcolm Kelly's Private Pro Day Results

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
superpunk;2037795 said:
Probably brought the wrong socks.
thanks!spit my drink on the computer screen!!:lmao: his mouth obviously moves faster then his feet;)

FCBarca

Reaction score
TheCount;2037896 said:
Says MK's personal booster.

Please, don't even start. You and Catch are the worst when it comes to even discussing anything remotely critical about the guy.

Why would anyone whose last name is not "Kelly" need to defend him?

It's called too dizzy from the spin cycle...These kind of zealots in any walk of life are a sad lot, IMHO...There's a reason they call it bias

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
April 16, 2008
Malcolm Kelly testing again
2:59 PM Wed, Apr 16, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Don't know that I've ever seen a player have his Pro Day results distributed in this manner, but after Malcolm Kelly's problems last week, I can see why the player is willing to try anything to resusitate his sagging stock.

After his workout do-over in Norman, Okla. today, we got an email detailing how the young man did. Here's that information ...

40 time: range of 4.46 to 4.61
20 yard shuttle: 4.01 to 4.09
L drill: 6.79 to 6.83
225 was 14 reps at end of workout
Broad jump: 10.25

We previously reported that Kelly would be visiting the Ranch tonight and tomorrow. He'll also, per the release, meet with the Commanders and 49ers this week.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2037785 said:

My thoughts exactly.

Wonder who he blamed this time?

On that note, I don't care how fast he runs in a straight line wearing speedos, if he can play he can play. But that "blame everyone but myself" attitude? No thanks.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas;2037952 said:
A scout shouldn't have to make another trip to see anyone run again. There is sooo much film on these kids that I find it a bit funny that any reps go to these individual pro days. It isn't football. It's track and field.
I can understand the position drills and things. The 40 you can make an argument about.

I have always felt that players play the game faster than they run in a straight line.

Sometimes it's the opposite, they play slower on the field then they run on the track.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Malcolm Kelly just called his dad and the conversation went like this...

"Hey Dad... how do you feel about nice, low-mileage Hyundai?"

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2037998 said:
Malcolm Kelly just called his dad and the conversation went like this...

"Hey Dad... how do you feel about nice, low-mileage Hyundai?"

Oh please Poke. You are just glad the kid's not in Norman anymore. You know it. ;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
That 4.46 to 4.61 swing is pretty noticeable. How many receivers at the combine hand swings of almost .2 seconds between their two runs? I'm trying to check for myself, but the combine results I can find only show the official time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So who in here thinks Kelly isn't going in the 1st round so we can get this on record????????????????

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CATCH17;2038058 said:
So who in here thinks Kelly isn't going in the 1st round so we can get this on record????????????????

I'll go with that. I think he'll drop to the 2nd now. Not cuz of his times, but cuz of the temper tantrum he threw (and his history of attitude "problems").

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rack;2038062 said:
I'll go with that. I think he'll drop to the 2nd now. Not cuz of his times, but cuz of the temper tantrum he threw (and his history of attitude "problems").

Ill disagree. I think his time might hurt him. I don't think scouts and folks will hold a 21 yr old kid at fault for getting upset like that.

I still think he goes 1st round. Late 1st round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rack;2038062 said:

What is his history of attitude problems?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas;2038066 said:
Ill disagree. I think his time might hurt him. I don't think scouts and folks will hold a 21 yr old kid at fault for getting upset like that.

I still think he goes 1st round. Late 1st round.

Sometime tells me your attitude would be completely different if you changed the name from "Malcolm Kelly" to "Limas Sweed".

:D

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rack;2038071 said:
Sometime tells me your attitude would be completely different if you changed the name from "Malcolm Kelly" to "Limas Sweed".

:D

Sweed is big and appears to have all the measureables of a WR, he was just never consistent for my tastes. I also felt that he didnt run clean routes.

That said to me he was lazy and not puttin in the effort. He is nothing like RW was when at Texas. I could be wrong. He could light up the NFL this year. Who knows.

I would never throw someone under the bus because of a bad 40 time. I think the 40 times are looked at far to much.

BHendri5

Reaction score
He'll still go first round. He does not have an attitude problem, so there is no history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2037961 said:
After his workout do-over in Norman, Okla. today, we got an email detailing how the young man did. Here's that information ...
Email??? Albert Breer is confirming actual results via email tidbits? If so, who the heck is sending the email? R2D2? Can he at least offer the name of the email's contributer, for goodness sakes?

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2037792 said:
Goodness. Make yourself look bad by complaining, then make yourself look worse by not really improving your time when you get your way. Childish.

Still take him at #61.
Yup! Would LOVE to get him w/ our 2nd rounder.....