Malcolm Mitchell released by Pats

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This guy was cut by a team with a name i recognized

That guy was cut by a team with a name i recognized

Let's sign them all because to heck with things like developing players on our own team.

Or.. or.. or.. hear me out on this one. Just for one second... Maybe it's because it can help our team at a position of weakness.

MIND BLOWN!

By the way pretty sure 95% of posters on here would recognize every team name in the NFL. So yeah...

Guess we shouldn't sign a safety either, huh? Except if the North Dakota sabercats cut someone then and only then would you want to sign them.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Oh wow Patriots are in dire straits with the WR position and they still released him. He has a history of knee problems in college and the two years in the NFL, no way!

Last edited:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Or.. or.. or.. hear me out on this one. Just for one second... Maybe it's because it can help our team at a position of weakness.

MIND BLOWN!

By the way pretty sure 95% of posters on here would recognize every team name in the NFL. So yeah...

Guess we shouldn't sign a safety either, huh? Except if the North Dakota sabercats cut someone then and only then would you want to sign them.

Oh so a player who hasn't been able to stay health his entire career, and is even hurt right now, is going to come in and help our WR corps who has plenty of young HEALTHY talent actually playing well. Yes, yes I see you're point. You are totally right, bringing in an injured WR who hasn't been able to stay healthy, and expecting him to not only stay healthy, but start and improve our WR's is surely the kind of thinking that sooooo many fans love.

And i wasn't talking about team name, I was talking about a player name...

And why should we sign a safety? Is there one out there that's that much better than what we have? Should we trade for Earl Thomas? Sure if the price is right.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1. Oh so a player who hasn't been able to stay health his entire career, and is even hurt right now, is going to come in and help our WR corps who has plenty of young HEALTHY talent actually playing well. Yes, yes I see you're point. You are totally right, bringing in an injured WR who hasn't been able to stay healthy, and expecting him to not only stay healthy, but start and improve our WR's is surely the kind of thinking that sooooo many fans love.

And i wasn't talking about team name, I was talking about a player name...

And why should we sign a safety? Is there one out there that's that much better than what we have? Should we trade for Earl Thomas? Sure if the price is right.

1. What if he stayed healthy and helps you win games. Like he did for the Pats to win the Super bowl? What young healthy talent has played to the heights Mitchell has? I'll wait. You dont seem to like winning super bowls. Also he was healthy in college, playing in 90% of games. Lmao. But I guess two years of being relatively unhealthy means he'll never be healthy to you.

2. You said cut by a team with a name I recognized. Your words not mine lmao.

3. Are you kidding? Yes there are safeties out there better than Heath, unhealthy Frazier and UDFAs. I guess you dont understand signing players. The reason you sign players is to make your team better. We currently only have three safeties that arent UDFAa from this year. None of the UDFAs are making any noise at practice.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
1. What if he stayed healthy and helps you win games. Like he did for the Pats to win the Super bowl? What young healthy talent has played to the heights Mitchell has? I'll wait.

3. Are you kidding? Yes there are safeties out there better than Heath, unhealthy Frazier and UDFAs.

1. So because we haven't had anyone play as well as a rookie did IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. We are suppose to sign and him so what to the other rookies?

2. Yes, as in a player was cut by a team, and said player has a name you recognize. Sorry if i didn't make that clear enough for you

3. Oh? Really? So you're saying that we have the worst safeties in the league by far, and are somehow stupid enough to let better safeties sit in FA, without even bothering to bring them into camp to compete because our front office is just a foolish bunch of morons who couldn't see talent if it danced in front of them with a hula hoop?

That kind of explains everything actually. I really wonder how we will even compete this year.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1. So because we haven't had anyone play as well as a rookie did IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. We are suppose to sign and him so what to the other rookies?

2. Yes, as in a player was cut by a team, and said player has a name you recognize. Sorry if i didn't make that clear enough for you

3. Oh? Really? So you're saying that we have the worst safeties in the league by far, and are somehow stupid enough to let better safeties sit in FA, without even bothering to bring them into camp to compete because our front office is just a foolish bunch of morons who couldn't see talent if it danced in front of them with a hula hoop?

That kind of explains everything actually. I really wonder how we will even compete this year.

You stick with your next man up even if he sucks mentatility.

Maybe some decade it will work.

The funny part is you probably didnt recognize Mitchells name LMAOOOO

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
You stick with your next man up even if he sucks mentatility.

Maybe some decade it will work.

The funny part is you probably didnt recognize Mitchells name LMAOOOO

No, i stick with the draft and devlop

Not sign injured players discarded by another team and hope that they stay healthy and don't end up sucking

the funny part is, I did since my best friend is Pat's fan, and has refused to stop talking about that stupid Superbowl win over the falcons. But whatever floats your boat buddy.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I have no idea who this kid is but I wouldn't drop Lenoir, Brown, Thompson or even Williams to see what he's got. No to bringing in an injured kid with no chemistry with our QB.

Swanny

Reaction score
This guy was cut by a team with a name i recognized

That guy was cut by a team with a name i recognized

Let's sign them all because to heck with things like developing players on our own team.
Normally I side with people are insane and want anybody else that's not on the Cowboys roster. Change for the sake of change l. However if this guy is healthy I sign him up now. If not then pass. Pretty simple. Not much to even debate. If healthy he is better than TWill (not saying much). If not then obviously not worth the cap space.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Normally I side with people are insane and want anybody else that's not on the Cowboys roster. Change for the sake of change l. However if this guy is healthy I sign him up now. If not then pass. Pretty simple. Not much to even debate. If healthy he is better than TWill (not saying much). If not then obviously not worth the cap space.

I think that's the problem. Just read he had an off season procedure on his knee and hasn't been at camp.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How are they a wide receiver needy team? They are a win now team with an aging QB, who made room for more healthy veterans. Like Eric Decker who they just signed. And why would you not want "the top outside WR" from a strong team?

There's a bunch of examples of Pats losing a player and him contributing for another team. Ive listed a few above, another being Revis. Every team cuts players that can be productive for other teams. The pats are no exception. Aqib Talib was way better once he left for Denver too. Kony Ealy just last season.
in NE they replace players with other players, given Brady, Gronk and the slot WR are key to their offense, plus they have Bilicheck. Why reciver needy? signing Eric Decker..... and they shipped their #1 WR Brandin Cooks to the rams. He was not that big of a deal in NE average at best. why bring him here? and he had a great system and a great QB he was working with....

its new England. its the coach. its the QB and its the system. the one constant.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. What if he stayed healthy and helps you win games. Like he did for the Pats to win the Super bowl? What young healthy talent has played to the heights Mitchell has? I'll wait. You dont seem to like winning super bowls. Also he was healthy in college, playing in 90% of games. Lmao. But I guess two years of being relatively unhealthy means he'll never be healthy to you.

3. Are you kidding? Yes there are safeties out there better than Heath, unhealthy Frazier and UDFAs. I guess you dont understand signing players. The reason you sign players is to make your team better. We currently only have three safeties that arent UDFAa from this year. None of the UDFAs are making any noise at practice.
so his one superbowl play is cause for him to help us win...everything else be damned. there are a lot of players who have one shinning moment, and then don't do much else when needed to get you to that moment.

and he is still injured. no team, even the browns were willing to give up not even a conditional pick.....

you sign players...no, you sign the RIGHT players...just signing jags, doesn't make your team better...huge difference.