Maliek Collins on the verge of a breakout season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by davidariust24, Aug 21, 2019.

1. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    This could be a dream for me. I've always wanted the Cowboys to have a DT that can cause havoc with sacks or tackles for loss.

This is the first offseason Collins has not been hurt. This guy is like a Tank. If he takes his offseason play into the regular season the defense will be better than last season.

Guys like Trysten Hill will learn alot from him. Just having that guy that can get to the QB from the middle of the line will make our defense very formidable. I hate that Quinn and gregory are suspended . The pressure they'd provide would make us almost overwhelming.

What do you guys think about Collins this offseason and how or if he will make an impact for this season?http://insidethestar.com/maliek-collins-on-the-verge-of-a-breakout-season/
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw0pDuUS_254NJ9Y36R8FxED&ampcf=1

Mr_437, 817Gill, Ranching and 2 others like this.
  2. robjay04

robjay04 Well-Known Member

5,849 Messages
    12,553 Likes Received
    He will likely have a great season and walk.

Contract year.

3. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

5,964 Messages
    3,570 Likes Received
    He has been a monster in camp, and he’s in a contract year so yes, I expect a breakout season. It’s one reason why I really think this team can go all the way this year, they have talent on both the offensive and defensive lines.

Once Quinn is back, a defensive line with Quinn, Collins, Woods and DLaw should scare offenses let alone Lee, Vander Esch and Jaylon behind them.

4. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

14,012 Messages
    8,842 Likes Received
    Although he's been injured the last couple of years, I wouldn't mind locking Collins up at a team friendly deal

Floatyworm, BigD49, Macnalty and 6 others like this.
  5. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    Me too.

Pantone282C and 817Gill like this.
  6. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

14,901 Messages
    12,642 Likes Received
    He’s been one of the standouts this offseason and should give everyone a reason to be optimistic about this defense.

817Gill and davidariust24 like this.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

23,861 Messages
    12,577 Likes Received
    I am thinking Hill was supposed to be the cheap rookie insurance so they dont have to roll the dice and pay the oft injured Collins. Whether it pans out this way is another story.

JBond, Macnalty, Teague31 and 3 others like this.
  8. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

21,928 Messages
    20,015 Likes Received
    we have yet seen him stay healthy.
    i do believe he can have a good year IF he stays healthy
    but then we cannot afford him afterwards

9. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

15,756 Messages
    14,965 Likes Received
    They would prefer to play two 3T's on most snaps, so it is quite possible they could resign Collins even if Hill comes on.

I think its unlikely due to the money though. A team in need of DL would over pay him, even if he maintains his status quo

10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

75,915 Messages
    42,566 Likes Received
    When I read that his feet issue was related to footwear and now they have that figured out I was happy. Something like improper shoes wasn't anything I thought possible in the pros. So he shouldn't be fighting the health issue so much this year and finally get a chance to shine.

JBond, Mr_C, stasheroo and 1 other person like this.
  11. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

3,476 Messages
    4,860 Likes Received
    It would be great to see him play at his best without injury. Those type of injuries are pesky.

12. SportsGuru80

SportsGuru80 CowboysYanksLakers

7,824 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    Contract year breakout season I've heard that before...

Brax likes this.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,558 Messages
    42,693 Likes Received
    I've said for the past 2 or 3 years that M.Collins is the most under-rated player on the team.

exciter, Scotman and Outlaw Heroes like this.
  14. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

3,709 Messages
    3,777 Likes Received
    Since Jerry's doing extensions maybe they should see what the price is for Collins long term. Just signed the Mike up, now get the engine of the defense signed up too...stay strong in the middle.

15. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

7,432 Messages
    12,207 Likes Received
    Seems we've been waiting for his break out since rookie season. Agree with poster above, he's likely having his best year best and price himself out our range.

QuincyCarterEra likes this.
  16. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

24,313 Messages
    12,402 Likes Received
    Hopefully they also keep him at 3-Tech. He’s not a 1-Tech even though he can play both spots, he gets more sacks from the 3.

Whyjerry and stasheroo like this.
  17. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,894 Messages
    57,243 Likes Received
    Ive been a fan of Collins for a while, and thought that he was on the verge of stardom after his teriffic rookie season, a season that was in fact more productive than Warren Sapp's rookie year. But the foot issues and position changes have stymied that development. If he stays healthy, I expect a big year and for him to be the biggest force the team has inside. But then he'll be highly sought after and too costly for the Cowboys to keep.

18. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

6,706 Messages
    9,046 Likes Received
    He will likely get re-injured. Some guys just don't have the durability to match their talent. See Sean Lee.

19. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

3,983 Messages
    4,414 Likes Received
    Always had the talent and always in the right scheme for his talent.....injuries is literally the only thing that has slowed him down. Whether it was an injury to himself that took him off the field and practice or if it was injuries to other players that forced him out of position. Will not be surprised if he has a great year.

20. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    4,363 Likes Received
    If he does break out this year he moves to the top of the priority list for re-signing. 3T is the most important position in Marinelli’s defensive scheme.

speedkilz88 and AmericasTeam81 like this.