Twitter: Malik Hooker's advice for Micah Parsons

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Trade him for a boatload after this season. That plus Dak leaving could set this team up in 2027 or 2028 to do something.
Out of curiosity, what do you consider a “boatload” that Dallas would accept in trade for Micah Parsons? And, do you believe that because he’s going into his 5th year option year his value is less than it would be if he were under contract for at least a couple of years?

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Trade him for a boatload after this season. That plus Dak leaving could set this team up in 2027 or 2028 to do something.
Dallas could do with a player of Micahs abilities on the field,as they did with the Hershel Walker trade . And become an instant contender , but I would like to see Micah ,become the best he can be under Zimmer as well.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
You don’t have to be better than a player to call him out for not doing what he needs to be doing.
Oh sure, feel free to call him out. Its valid feedback....but hooker calling out Micah is like a janitor calling out a ceo... they'd ship hooker out to the worst team in the league if it meant Micah taking 1 mil less a year on his next contract

plymkr

Reaction score
I am Micah The Mouth's biggest critic, but all things considered, he could be doing worse things than a podcast.

I am OK with him yakking on a podcast as long as he shows up with last season's 0.83 sack per game, or better.
I’m cool with Micah talking as long as he backs it up. What did he say right before the playoffs. Either be phenomenal or forgotten and I’m going to be phenomenal. Then he laid the biggest egg all season.

Micah then blamed the scheme on his poor play. That was a coward move. Also LT, Reggie White, Watt, etc never got outschemed to were they didn’t make a difference. Micah made 1 tackle. 1 lousy tackle.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I get your point but part of being Immature is not listening to ANYBODY

Some people have to learn the hard way and that's OK and very normal but DONT OVERPAY for it.......my issue with him is going AWOL in Dec and Jan.
I'm not sure that's all his fault. By that time of the year he's playing the better teams that also have had plenty of time to figure out how to stop him. Looked to me like Dan Quinn didn't mix things up much, he always had Micah doing the same kind of thing over and over. It's too easy to game plan for him at that rate.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’m cool with Micah talking as long as he backs it up. What did he say right before the playoffs. Either be phenomenal or forgotten and I’m going to be phenomenal. Then he laid the biggest egg all season.

Micah then blamed the scheme on his poor play. That was a coward move. Also LT, Reggie White, Watt, etc never got outschemed to were they didn’t make a difference. Micah made 1 tackle. 1 lousy tackle.
During that week he was bashing a player from another team about taking plays off

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what do you consider a “boatload” that Dallas would accept in trade for Micah Parsons? And, do you believe that because he’s going into his 5th year option year his value is less than it would be if he were under contract for at least a couple of years?
I’d take a first half of the draft 1st and 3rd since he’d only have a year left. But any team trading for him would have a contract ready, so it’s not so relevant.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It’s the truth- what he’s saying but my god not the forum or place to say it. Say it to Micah, in the locker room. Not on a podcast- bashing a guy for doing a podcast.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hard to be a leader like Sean Lee or even when LVE was on top of his game (was not for long due to injury). When your an edge rusher that’s putting pressure on but not getting home (because of being held). Quinn needed to develope him and use him more as a MLB. He was hired to do that. He saw the talent and turned him into what he could do at a lighter weight for a while. But over the course of the season he got dinged up and was shot out by the packers playoff game.

Yes he is a good or great edge rusher but being on the field all day will ware him out. I am not sure that he even learned MLB in the NFL. He is smart enough to play it but never mastered it because of quinn rushing him all the time. If he played the DE like D-Law that can stab the run from there would be nice. He is wanting money like an elite pass rusher. And he has the talent. But is he gonna be worth it.

We saw bosa get 34 million. Would you pay him 34.5 or 35. What is he gonna want.